[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
gruumine wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Damn ok...what about crafted suffix cold damage and the implicit on opal rings?

I will save you some time, for any BIS item look at this guy chars.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lilianmarius/characters

also, look at the past chars, he gets BIS stuff every league.

Why has he got a hugely different tree? What is the best tree to use...
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

Why has he got a hugely different tree? What is the best tree to use...

That hugely depends on how good gear you got and to lesser extend what level you are (how many passive points you have to use).

The tree in the first post of the first page is what you should start with while leveling and gearing. Lilianmarius has played this build so much and with so much currency to use, you can say hes tree is minmaxed to the extreme, but may need some very specific gear that can be very costly. Also minmaxing goes to the point, where you cannot use the tree if you are not high level (95+ or even higher) as you won't have enough passive points to get all the stuff you need.

The main variant of the first tree, what most players here use, happens when you get 2 split personalities (with +int and +ES) to change the tree so that you max the benefit of the jewels.
Would you say my tree is that variant you speak of?

I just vaaled all my gear. :P

Hit no int% but what are the chances anyway....

I think I'm rather min/maxed and he doesn't even have use split personalities?

Just one proper endgame version of the tree should exist so we have something to aim for....not trawling through character pages.
What do we think about the new Frost Shield spell as a possible replacement for Vortex? Maybe not worth sacrificing the extra damage that Vortex gives for a little buff to defences?
"
Smultronhaka wrote:
What do we think about the new Frost Shield spell as a possible replacement for Vortex? Maybe not worth sacrificing the extra damage that Vortex gives for a little buff to defences?

It looks to be an instant spell so that could perhaps work out. Maybe linked with Bonechill & Awakened Increased AoE? :-)

Vortex doesn't give that much damage. It's primarily there to apply bonechill.
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

Just one proper endgame version of the tree should exist so we have something to aim for....not trawling through character pages.

Don't wanna throw mud at the author but yeah, I agree, it's unfortunate that the build first page is not properly maintained anymore. Maybe it's because there are so many variants out there (the author can only like/test a handful of them) or the author doesn't have time to play the game last few leagues or the author don't wanna mention the edge-cases which only apply to 1%/require special min/maxing.
Last edited by gruumine on Sep 9, 2020, 4:47:53 PM
Can someone please explain to me how to theorycraft dps with this build in a community fork PoB?

I have no idea what dps figure to look at or what I need to change in config.

I've also got the spreadsheet but no idea what figure I input into it from the PoB.

Cheers all...looking forward to securing a staff next league. ;)
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

Cheers all...looking forward to securing a staff next league. ;)

try securing astramentis early league, securing staff is easy as fk.
There are a few variables: how often does CwC proc which is pretty fixed. And then the DPS per shard and how long the shards drop.

It's a very straight forward, uncomplicated build. Both DPS and duration are the higher your Int. Int at the same time determines defense: both the multiplier for your flat ES and your maximum leech pool, ie. max leech per second.
So there is only one goal: increase Int any way possible. More Int = more BOOM and more life. Int is Life!
So how will the changes to curses effect this build since it uses curse on hit to cast the 2 curses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info