Here's a preview of the Atlas of Worlds in Path of Exile: Legion!

You guys F*** us on tier 15's
:'(
"
SeabeeO wrote:
Very tired of having yet another map series. I probably wouldn't mind if map tier drop rates where actually sustainable but they haven't yet for me. I'd love to run red maps but I can't get enough yellow tier maps to drop to move up into red tier.

Was supper please that delving was an alternative end game option so I could just play and not worry about what was happening on the atlas ... but f-off ... wait... I still have to worry about that just so I can get sulfide to delve... bloody hell on that one.

And when, oh when, are empty remove-only Map tabs going to get removed. Nice that you've made it that old series tabs can be upgraded but doesn't get rid of empty map read only map tabs. Can GGG please remove the empty ones?????? I'm seriously doubting that they have the programming skills to do so.

Which brings me back around to why I'm supper tire of having yet another map series... another map tab waiting to be read only and empty in standard league.

What I do is just use the zana recipe to upgrade the T5 to a T10. T5s drop like hotcakes, and spending 2C for the upgrade is chump change, and you usually get that back anyway. Doing this is much easier than buying the T10 map, but you still have to buy some if you want to complete the atlas.
This is good only if the completed maps of the atlas remains the same especially the unique ones...otherwise it's tiring...you complete the atlas then GGG uncompletes it...now that's fun
"
Mentoya wrote:
What I do is just use the zana recipe to upgrade the T5 to a T10. T5s drop like hotcakes, and spending 2C for the upgrade is chump change, and you usually get that back anyway. Doing this is much easier than buying the T10 map, but you still have to buy some if you want to complete the atlas.

I ended last league with:
Tier 1 - 91
Tier 2 - 108
Tier 3 - 92
Tier 4 - 41
Tier 5 - 26
Tier 6 - 15
Tier 7 - 0
Tier 8 - 9
Tier 9 - 2

Highest tier able to get a complete set to drop or successful use Zana to craft/or purchase to successfully complete - Tier 6.

Ran all my T7s trying to get the last one needed for atlas completion using Zana's Alternate of Same Tier mod with no luck.

Then ran all my T6s and then T5s maps with max quality from chisels, rare rarity, with vaal fragment, and Fortune Favors the Brave multiple times with T5 and T6 maps trying to get a pool of T7 to progress in my atlas... return on that investment... multiple runs with not a single map dropping... not even a T1. I did that once with a Scarab giving 20% more map drops... return on that investment was one T2 map.

Had I gotten the atlas to progress into T10 maps, I would have done as you suggested and use Zana bench to shape into red tier maps. I suppose the one thing didn't try was to shape T2 into the T7s using Zana's bench. Oh well maybe next league, I'll remember to try that.

So to say that T5 drop like hotcakes... where and when do I get these hotcakes because it didn't happened for me in Synthesis... Some leagues have tapped out for sustainability in Red Tier maps but the last three leagues, I'm found that Yellow was tapping out for sustainability. For Synthesis league it was white tier for me... which hasn't happened since I think Beastry or the league before Beastry. Here's to hoping the RNG god favors me for Legion league... because I'm really tired of the grind for atlas bonus completion...

you wrote "vaal pyramid" instead of "vaal temple" in the t16 category
"
SeabeeO wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

I ended last league with:
Tier 1 - 91
Tier 2 - 108
Tier 3 - 92
Tier 4 - 41
Tier 5 - 26
Tier 6 - 15
Tier 7 - 0
Tier 8 - 9
Tier 9 - 2

Highest tier able to get a complete set to drop or successful use Zana to craft/or purchase to successfully complete - Tier 6.

Ran all my T7s trying to get the last one needed for atlas completion using Zana's Alternate of Same Tier mod with no luck.

Then ran all my T6s and then T5s maps with max quality from chisels, rare rarity, with vaal fragment, and Fortune Favors the Brave multiple times with T5 and T6 maps trying to get a pool of T7 to progress in my atlas... return on that investment... multiple runs with not a single map dropping... not even a T1. I did that once with a Scarab giving 20% more map drops... return on that investment was one T2 map.

Had I gotten the atlas to progress into T10 maps, I would have done as you suggested and use Zana bench to shape into red tier maps. I suppose the one thing didn't try was to shape T2 into the T7s using Zana's bench. Oh well maybe next league, I'll remember to try that.

So to say that T5 drop like hotcakes... where and when do I get these hotcakes because it didn't happened for me in Synthesis... Some leagues have tapped out for sustainability in Red Tier maps but the last three leagues, I'm found that Yellow was tapping out for sustainability. For Synthesis league it was white tier for me... which hasn't happened since I think Beastry or the league before Beastry. Here's to hoping the RNG god favors me for Legion league... because I'm really tired of the grind for atlas bonus completion...

Wow, you did have horrible RNG this last league, if you had such a horrible time sustaining T5. Heck, I never had a problem sustaining T5's in any league that I ever ran. Of course since you had quite a few T4, you could have used the vendor recipe to turn 3 T4's into a T5.

By the way, did you do solo self-found? Usually because of Delve and other aspects of the game, maps are cheaper than ever to buy.Did you consider buying maybe 10 or 20 of a few maps from T10 to T15. If you did that, I bet you would have had no problem. I usually do buy my T11's on upward, but I'm fine with that since chaos orbs rain from the sky when you do Delves(from exploring dark areas and getting wealth chests and fossils).
The only thing that annoys me is that the first time they changed maps I had unlocked all maps except HotG. I guess it was around Perandus league, where I managed to buy a Manor from Cadiro.
After that I never came that close to completion of the atlas, so I never got the achievement.

Apart from that I don't care about the frequent map change and I cannot understand ppl saying this is boring. How can change be boring, you never know if you favorite map gets buffed or nerfed (or completely removed - RIP Gorge), I think this is quite exciting, isn't it?
Arf! Arf! Arf!
Last edited by Cpt_KangarooPimp on Jun 4, 2019, 4:35:07 AM
So, will standard players maps will get screwed?
Again?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
What about introducing a new map with a whole new design every league or two, instead of this?
Vaults of Tittie Queen at 12? Me gusta.
Do what You will shall be the whole of the law.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info