Here’s an early look at the Slayer Ascendancy in Path of Exile: Legion!

I like the idea of Overwhelm. If it can stack with Increased Critical Strikes (it's unclear to me because increased critical strikes does not say "base") then I'm vaguely excited about it.

Masterful Form makes absolutely no sense as an ascendancy node at all. There's no synergy anywhere, it's just "oh hey, if you feel like investing into charges, here's a way to do it a bit cheaper!"

The headsman rework is good.

Bane of Legends is still stupid until you make culling work on uber elder. If a node can't do anything against the hardest story boss in the game, it's a troll node. Fucking stop it.

I see leech wasn't fixed at all, so slayer's former identity is permanently in the dumpster.

Overall I think slayer was made better but not good.

In terms of the reworks I would say

Berserker > Slayer > Gladiator > Chieftain

Although I called Gladiator the most boring rework, it's not the worst--Chieftain was actively nerfed (its good stuff was just plain diluted. Even though it has "more options" now than before, the best build you can make with it is, in my opinion, worse than before, EXCEPT low-budget RF).

Slayer was improved but not enough.

I think Berserker is the best and I actually think I'll play it.
"
ariakas6165 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Slayer with 8 frenzy and Endurance charges, here I go.

I don't see a use for 8 frenzy charges though. How is it possible to generate them on boss fights? Enduring cry give so few.

1L Frenzy is a thing. Im not to lazy to use it.
"
codetaku wrote:
I like the idea of Overwhelm. If it can stack with Increased Critical Strikes (it's unclear to me because increased critical strikes does not say "base") then I'm vaguely excited about it.

The node gives you a 8% base crit and disregards the base on the weapon, that's the only thing it modifies. Everything else should work as normal.

Should be pretty powerful on a weapon like Starforge etc.
And now all the WinterOrb nerds will play Cyclone Slayer. Someone said build diversity?
"
cjimaras wrote:
And now all the WinterOrb nerds will play Cyclone Slayer. Someone said build diversity?

Last time I've seen build diversity in PoE Trump wasnt a president.
cyclone has defied how bad it is in terms of popularity for so many leagues it deserves to be top for once
its exactly what chris said on baeclast. basically build diversity CAN exist, but it doesn't because majority of people are sheeple that just copy what they think is cool or good.
"
xMustard wrote:
its exactly what chris said on baeclast. basically build diversity CAN exist, but it doesn't because majority of people are sheeple that just copy what they think is cool or good.

Everybody wants to have a super saiyan build to own everything in the map in less than 40 seconds and they complain about 'build diversity'. The reality might be Efficiency > Diversity , regardless of buffs implemented. There will always be 2-3 builds that will be the majority. People will still ride the sanctimonious train though and elaborate on terms such as 'skills' or 'diversity' .
Don't try to hold it, flow with it.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
What's disgusting is that the patch notes for the buffs to melee skill gem damage multpliers are not even announced yet. Glacial hammer slayer is going to finally have it's day.

Because slow clear speed is good I guess? Not really...so...wait why would you play Glacial Hammer?

Personal preference? Why play Ice Shot when Tornado Shot, Scourge Arrow or Caustic Arrow all are 'better'? If you want to play your hundredth meta build, go right ahead.

Besides, as shocking as this might be to hear, for some of us zoom zoom isn't the be all and end all of our gameplay. Hell, there's probably enough of us here in PoE who also enjoy Grim Dawn. Heresy!

I mean...I guess less loot and exp per hour is a "thing", my bad.
"
I mean...I guess less loot and exp per hour is a "thing", my bad.

See, this is what happens when you see a game as a task. You're so focused on the destination that you've ceased to care about the journey. Some of us like to stop and smell the roses. They're sweet.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 2, 2019, 9:00:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info