[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
Fuzzin1 wrote:
In the skill tree I am seeing 3 points going into Staves but I won't be using them in this. Can i reallocate them somewhere else?

They are just their for the 'chance to gain endurance charge on crit' stat, which works with any weapon.
But if you generate enough charges then you can move the points elsewhere.

I don't have the points in the staff nodes, it felt like a bit of a waste.
I think i went for 'lava lash' instead. Soul of Steel is probably pretty good.
Or just some extra life or a jewel socket.
Hello! So, why tou sure, that only first of 3 hits with multistrike has a chance to create a charged slam and 2 others are only try to consume endur charge without chance to create charged slam?
"
Bizzlington wrote:
"
Fuzzin1 wrote:
In the skill tree I am seeing 3 points going into Staves but I won't be using them in this. Can i reallocate them somewhere else?

They are just their for the 'chance to gain endurance charge on crit' stat, which works with any weapon.
But if you generate enough charges then you can move the points elsewhere.

I don't have the points in the staff nodes, it felt like a bit of a waste.
I think i went for 'lava lash' instead. Soul of Steel is probably pretty good.
Or just some extra life or a jewel socket.

Ah okay. Thanks for your help!
"
cherbak wrote:
very bad build((t13-t15 vaal maps= death+death+death.have 7k hp= 1 hit for all normal mobs(no blok,no armor,no eve in this build).disappointment.have srs and whirlwind builds....this build only farm t1-12 maps or need 40-50ex for normal game

You should try the build with Consecrated Path; Tectonic Slam just burns your endurance charges too fast. I have done some t11-12 at this point, and the only thing I had trouble with was an 8-mod corrupted map (~120%) with vulnerability + a bunch of speed and DPS boosts for the mobs. (I still finished the map, but really wouldn't want to farm something like that on any toon...)

I have cruised through other t11-12 maps with more normal mods. Only 5k health 4 endurance charges. Mostly offense. Using Oni Goroshi and a 5L chest. Total build cost ~2 ex and I don't even have the last two lab points. Trials taking forever. It's really important in this build to get the right auras and mana recovery. This takes some playing. I also recommend going with Pulverise for clear and switching to Ruthless for bosses. You have to make a choice there for Legion. This is a build that takes some experimentation, but I appreciate how much more I've learned about building with PoB from this.

I honestly am having the most fun I've had in 3 leagues. Even taking on a bunch of Legion rares has not been a problem. I did skip them in the crazy 120% map, but in the other t11-12s, I still wipe the floor with them.

Cheers

Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 6, 2019, 10:58:27 PM
Selling my old armour as I have crafted a better 1...PM me in game or via forum for more details...starting price is meant for armour to be sold quickly!

Alrighty, here are my thoughts about the build. It's good, it's really good. But for what it's worth? A BIG NO! With T2-T1 gears you kill mobs fast! and legions too at least for the mid to T13 T14ish you won't have any problems. But when you start hitting T15-T16 Legions and Uber Elder, you'll see how the build lacks in it's capability to take damage and deal damage. The build looked cool and all because the guide is simply amazing. It's just that the build is too expensive this league and given what it can do after all the investment, it's simply isn't worth it.

Here's my gear btw so you'd know that I'm not just blabbering.

Hi guys,

i started to having some problems with this build, i have mana problems and i guess it's because of body armour that don't have the -15 mana cost of skills.
Plus i feel like something doesn't work properly, sometimes seems i lack of damage, i haven't enough accuracy, without the ice golem i reach 87% and 92% of hit chance.
I have to finish my gem setup, i can't find the last trial to complete my ascendancy, i have to reach lvl 90 (currently at 88), but i feel like something is wrong with this build.
Maybe it's the time to switch in to a cyclone build? Dunno...
Any tips?

This is my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/aVthhqJ5

Thank you!
Last edited by Steven_B12 on Jul 7, 2019, 2:40:12 PM
A few more thoughts on the Oni Goroshi Consecrated Path variant for those who are frustrated or wanting to try this...

Why CP?
You can pretty much use the same build as TS, although I think Ramako > Hinekora is better for ascendancies with Oni. Since CP does not consume endurance charges for offense, you have more defense and could actually run CWDT/IC if you want. CP also uses less mana and is great for mobility with it's long range leap.

Why Oni Goroshi?
Who would turn down a sword that talks to you? But seriously, it's about 1 ex for a 6L that does scalable damage. And since you only need a 5L chest, you save a LOT of exalts over a pair of super foils and a 6L chest. (Of course, this is only a benefit if you haven't already bought that stuff.) You can level with Oni right from the beginning if this isn't a league starter, and Her Embrace does crazy damage. Only real downside is that 60% less regen maps are not that fun - although they are still doable.

Other things I am doing a little differently than some of the builds I have looked at here...
(I'm no PoE genius; this is just based on experimentation.)

..I did not path to Fatal Blade. There is a lot of good stuff closer.
..Auras are Ash, Purity, Blood & Sand, Flesh & Stone, Precision (low) for a nice balance of offense and defense (F&S is great w/ B&S)
..90% extra mana regen rather than a -mana mod. Either can work.
..Wave of Conviction seems better to me self cast since it's offensive
..CWDT is at 13 with IC 15 (4 charges always up) and Steelskin 17 for some healthy defense (SS beats Molten Shell with this level of armor)
..Went with Ancestral Protector only to save two sockets. Still thinking about that one.
..I see a lot of Rage gems. Not sure it's all that hot in this build. Curious what average count is.
..Pulverise is great for clearing, and Ruthless is awesome for bossing.

I had a Storm Brand Inquisitor and a Bane/Soulrend Trickster last league that were both able to handle Shaper Guardians no problem. I am only up to t13/14 with this guy at the moment, but I can tell he has more offense and defense than either of those.

Clearly I did not follow this guide exactly, but this is one of three guides that made a significant contribution to where I ended up.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 8, 2019, 8:07:56 AM
Hey.. how can i get Power-Charges?
Check the Wiki - there are a number of ways to do it. Assassin's Mark would be the easiest in this build, but that means giving up Warlord's Mark and its endurance charges. Late game the build needs more defense, so not clear it's a good trade-off. (There are also more places in the tree to get extra max endurance charges in this build...)
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 8, 2019, 7:05:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info