Garb of the Ephemeral is one of the new unique items in Path of Exile: Synthesis

"
"
No "chaos damage does not bypass es" == vendor trash

Come on, it would be vendor trash anyway, even with "chaos damage does not bypass es". 600 strength requirement for ES, intelligence based build? Give me a break. Like, yes, it can be done. But for what reason? Solely to use this thing? Come on. Looks like recently GGG hired several arrogant trolls, and they rampaging now. For instance:

Tombfist nerf, attack speed removed. Legacy version are spoiled by using divine orb. GGG's trolls statemant: do it, we dare you! Funy? Nooo... Just pathetic.

Then:
Pile of useless garbage called "uniques" or some weird quiver, overpowerde in an obvious way, for change. Pathetic again.

And last but not least, instead of fixing some real problems, like map tab bug, they do what? Some cosmetic changes to skill tree near Shadow, changed twice already. The peak of deplorability.

To be honest, this item is completely and utterly broken if you can keep this 10 sec buff up permamently. Strength req is not an issue, many ES builds use shaper's touch anyway
"
DAKKONx wrote:
Divinity sounds nice but quite frankly not too impressive if you compare it to Incandescent Heart. Assume a CI build

Comparison assuming a CI build (anyone not playing ES next patch?)

Item: Garb of the Ephemeral // Incandescent Heart
Defense: ES: 331 // ES: 327. Armour: 1,443
Stat Req: Ridiculous // Normal
Damage: 50% more Ele (Divinity) // 20% more Ele to Chaos
Defense: 20% less Ele (Divinity) // 25% less Ele (CI)
Utility: Immune to Curses (Divinity) // 1% Attack Life Leech
Life: 0 // 90 (Irrelevant for CI)

So overall you deal 30% more elemental damage but you take 5% more Elemental and having no attack leech. On top of that there is the insane stat requirements and the non 100% uptime on Divinity. Question is is it "On Hit" or "On Being Hit"?

This is... a remarkably reasonable take, when its laid out its starting to look not nearly as good
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
DAKKONx wrote:
Divinity sounds nice but quite frankly not too impressive if you compare it to Incandescent Heart. Assume a CI build

So overall you deal 30% more elemental damage but you take 5% more Elemental and having no attack leech. On top of that there is the insane stat requirements and the non 100% uptime on Divinity. Question is is it "On Hit" or "On Being Hit"?

This is... a remarkably reasonable take, when its laid out its starting to look not nearly as good

It's 20% less ele damage taken but it's not a conversion, so it works on damage over time too (which is amazing), also he forgot about crit immunity which is pretty huge if you ask me
"
grizzly40 wrote:

To be honest, this item is completely and utterly broken if you can keep this 10 sec buff up permamently. Strength req is not an issue, many ES builds use shaper's touch anyway

This chest and Shaper's Touch with either a Doon Cuebiyari or a Lead Sprinkler can be a totally viable build with it, but managing the stat requirements are going to be far from trivial. Getting all those stats and resistances is going to be a real challenge.
pew pew
Last edited by Frankenberry on Mar 8, 2019, 10:58:56 AM
"
grizzly40 wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
DAKKONx wrote:

It's 20% less ele damage taken but it's not a conversion, so it works on damage over time too (which is amazing), also he forgot about crit immunity which is pretty huge if you ask me

I'm blown away by this analysis.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
This armor is pretty bad. Everyone is talking about Divinity but nobody knows it's cooldown. Maybe it 60 seconds? What do you say now?

Only 50% more elemental damage on period. So this won't work on chaos and phys spells either.

Better just go shavronne lowlife with perma 30% more damage and extra damage aura like zealotry. Same results with lower cost.

Insane stat requirements. I am not even sure how do you get such amoounts of TWO attributes

and you can't crit so no elemental overload and crit builds...not that you would have enough skill points to make builds like this
Last edited by Inferius90 on Mar 12, 2019, 3:55:51 AM
So got the armor.

Internal CD of 1 sec gaining each charge it feels like, feels like it's only up 1/4 of the time. Pretty turd considering the requirement, incandescent heart beats this for almost every build.
WTF the requirement that near impossible, even you take a lot node str and int :s
Honestly, it pisses me off that the chest does NOT work as the item description says.

Where is it stated that you can only get 1 charge every second?
Nowhere? Oh right. It says "gain a Divinity charge ON HIT".
Give me a fucking reason why you're doing this?
For "players to find out"? Must be a joy to spend a fucking fortune (for most players) and invest a whole build to find out this piece of shit does not work as presented.

I'm sick of your misleading item descriptions.
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info