Garb of the Ephemeral is one of the new unique items in Path of Exile: Synthesis

"
Exile009 wrote:
What's the COOOOLLLDOOOWWWNNN?!!!

Yep. Like Shroud of the Lightless - a nice item worth using, with a function that is good but made totally pointless by its prohibitively long cooldown. This item can be incredible if Divinity can be kept up permanently (which the description implies it can and nowhere says it can't), arguably justified building around if not (very niche), and simply vendor-tier in all other cases. Welcome to 2019 unique design, where we don't find out the important things until later. (See: Rory posting Intensity stacking to only 4 on reddit, a critical gem function we've clamored for since we'll before the gem notes, patch notes, or manifesto.)
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
What's the COOOOLLLDOOOWWWNNN?!!!

Yep. Like Shroud of the Lightless - a nice item worth using, with a function that is good but made totally pointless by its prohibitively long cooldown. This item can be incredible if Divinity can be kept up permanently (which the description implies it can and nowhere says it can't), arguably justified building around if not (very niche), and simply vendor-tier in all other cases. Welcome to 2019 unique design, where we don't find out the important things until later. (See: Rory posting Intensity stacking to only 4 on reddit, a critical gem function we've clamored for since we'll before the gem notes, patch notes, or manifesto.)

What's the point if divinity is not able to be kept up.
It takes a lot of sacrifice to meet the requirement and also has to use self hitting.
If the buff can't be maintained easily with all these effort it will be vendor trash.
I am sure GGG is doing this for some kind of chase unique again, since they killed off most previous ones.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:

I am sure GGG is doing this for some kind of chase unique again, since they killed off most previous ones.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But you'd also think GGG would have made changes that wouldn't skyrocket Occultist to top 40% in one single Ascendancy for Synthesis, but I'm placing my bet that that is exactly what we'll see.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Ashriel wrote:

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But you'd also think GGG would have made changes that wouldn't skyrocket Occultist to top 40% in one single Ascendancy for Synthesis, but I'm placing my bet that that is exactly what we'll see.

To be fair, GGG did say this is going to be a caster meta.
Attack/melee will be next patch.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Divinity sounds nice but quite frankly not too impressive if you compare it to Incandescent Heart. Assume a CI build

Comparison assuming a CI build (anyone not playing ES next patch?)

Item: Garb of the Ephemeral // Incandescent Heart
Defense: ES: 331 // ES: 327. Armour: 1,443
Stat Req: Ridiculous // Normal
Damage: 50% more Ele (Divinity) // 20% more Ele to Chaos
Defense: 20% less Ele (Divinity) // 25% less Ele (CI)
Utility: Immune to Curses (Divinity) // 1% Attack Life Leech
Life: 0 // 90 (Irrelevant for CI)

So overall you deal 30% more elemental damage but you take 5% more Elemental and having no attack leech. On top of that there is the insane stat requirements and the non 100% uptime on Divinity. Question is is it "On Hit" or "On Being Hit"?
Last edited by DAKKONx on Mar 7, 2019, 10:47:01 PM
Can't see the image in this topic nor in this one.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
For those of us who can't see the image... From the tweet:

- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on Mar 7, 2019, 11:14:30 PM
can you do that in the other threads as well? none of their news images are showing up.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:

To be fair, GGG did say this is going to be a caster meta.
Attack/melee will be next patch.

Okay, let me be more specific. We already know that in 3.5, 3 ascendancies accounted for half of the "meta". I think Occultist will be top 40% in 3.6, and Trickster will be the next top 20% after that. If you think that is balanced in any meta, in a game where they have just shoehorned in an ES leech gem and channeling gem that are such braindead-obvious choices for those builds they'll never not be picked in leech and channeling builds, well... Let's just say, "That's not my Path of Exile." That is bad game design.
"
Ashriel wrote:

Okay, let me be more specific. We already know that in 3.5, 3 ascendancies accounted for half of the "meta". I think Occultist will be top 40% in 3.6, and Trickster will be the next top 20% after that. If you think that is balanced in any meta, in a game where they have just shoehorned in an ES leech gem and channeling gem that are such braindead-obvious choices for those builds they'll never not be picked in leech and channeling builds, well... Let's just say, "That's not my Path of Exile." That is bad game design.

It's funny you are talking about balance like PoE was ever balanced.
Ever seem melee vs ranged talk? Still as unbalanced as day 1 close beta of this game.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info