Betrayal Statistics

"
Gorinnosho wrote:
I wasn't aware the mastermind was going to screw up my safehouses...
I had everyone I wanted in research and went to do the mastermind.
Never again.

So what? First you dont know about 'probably important' details (because you didnt check informations/discussions...), or even ignored it (like me). You get your experience, you (hopefully) learn from it and adapt...

Yes the syndicate progress get lost when you eliminate its leader (and NOT on failing!)... isn't that kind of obvious? After the mastermind has been defeated, a completely new cycle, of a 'new' syndicate begins*...?!

So what? you get your mastermind to 100%; high likely you already have high progress on the safehouses -> complete their intelligence (at least for those which are 'important' for you), and THEN do Catarina. Loss: NONE. Problem: NONE. (as said above: once you know it).

*) The only slightly 'bad' fact is that the (actual?) system only has Cata as mastermind (ideally it could be anyone from the syndicate ;) and even better if there would be more members, to make it an even bigger surprise who from the 'missing ones' actually will it be...)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Easy league, 40/40
I really liked this league after skipping the last 3 ones, hope next league will be fun again, looking forward to it. The objective challenge was really something else though, bought a ton of lower tier maps with good layouts to run to bosses and did that for like 2 days straight to get it done.
pretty amazing
"
Verminaardth wrote:

Finally, get rid of that stupid XP death penalty on softcore. There is no design reason for it to exist and your product managers should tell you by now that it lowers your total income because noobs and semi-core people stop playing game at early 90 levels as the game is no longer fun for them.

Let non-HC types of players enjoy the game rather than try forcing them into HC behaviours in late game. I can assure you that these players who value thrill and challenge over anything else, are already playing HC.
omegalul ignore this scrub please
In other news, Betrayal isn't fun.

#BringBackDelve
Finally, get rid of that stupid XP death penalty on softcore. There is no design reason for it to exist and your product managers should tell you by now that it lowers your total income because noobs and semi-core people stop playing game at early 90 levels as the game is no longer fun for them.

+1 to this
Last edited by Syhler187 on Feb 9, 2019, 10:58:49 AM
Mastermind rewards are trash and it resets your ability to farm the good stuff... What's so hard to understand?
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Gorinnosho wrote:
I wasn't aware the mastermind was going to screw up my safehouses...
I had everyone I wanted in research and went to do the mastermind.
Never again.

So what? First you dont know about 'probably important' details (because you didnt check informations/discussions...), or even ignored it (like me). You get your experience, you (hopefully) learn from it and adapt...

Yes the syndicate progress get lost when you eliminate its leader (and NOT on failing!)... isn't that kind of obvious? After the mastermind has been defeated, a completely new cycle, of a 'new' syndicate begins*...?!

So what? you get your mastermind to 100%; high likely you already have high progress on the safehouses -> complete their intelligence (at least for those which are 'important' for you), and THEN do Catarina. Loss: NONE. Problem: NONE. (as said above: once you know it).

*) The only slightly 'bad' fact is that the (actual?) system only has Cata as mastermind (ideally it could be anyone from the syndicate ;) and even better if there would be more members, to make it an even bigger surprise who from the 'missing ones' actually will it be...)

You're missing the entire point that most people in this thread and elsewhere have about the Mastermind fight, which is that resetting your board is absolutely devastating. Nobody is complaining because their intel is reset, they're complaining because their members are shuffled out of their optimal divisions, which IS a loss. Kind of a huge loss, in fact.

I'm not even doing the infamous Bridge Runs this league, and I'd never even consider wiping the boards on any of my characters after making that mistake the first time. I didn't time how long it took me to rebuild my syndicate board after my first/only Mastermind fight, but considering that just running red maps I get multiple safehouses an hour, and I'm getting multiple exalts returned per safehouse, it becomes inarguable that beating the mastermind would directly cost me several exalts that I wouldn't be able to earn because instead of filling safehouses and running them, I'm spending all of my syndicate encounters just swapping members around.
I think Betrayal would be better if the individual members rewards were not the same every time they got put in a certain branch. If it were changed so that the reward would "spawn" when they got placed in a division I think it would be better. Also, if it would "re-roll" a members reward when moved to a new branch. This way a player wouldn't try to block everything and only go for intervention for scarabs for instance, because there wouldn't be any guaranteed rewards for any member of any branch. Also balance the appearance of each branch to 25% chance to spawn.
I have enjoyed Betrayal for the most part, but I don't get very many Veiled items. I have watched some streams and there are guys that get veiled items every encounter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info