GGG completely blew it - I quit

Was super excited to play this league and kill Uber Elder but oh man how they blew it with making the game a super grindfest that doesn't need any thinking whatsoever.
I like to put thought into everything that I do but it has close to no impact now. I liked that I didn't have to shield charge 12 hours per day for a month to kill Shaper, but could brainstorm myself how to play this game smarter and be more functional with my time. Your only way to success now is to grind or be lucky, nothing else is possible.
Even if you do get currency or progress, what do you use it for? Everything you use yourself is useless because you always lose. Even if I had 10000C, I'm not going to load up a Harbinger mod, simply because it's just stupid.

BESTIARY IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

> Pick up nets
> Capture the correct 3+ rares
> Capture the correct red
> Port to menag
> Find the recipe
> Kill mobs again
> Port out again
(> add another port if you do multiple recipes in a row because of flasks)
=
Waste time worth of full map completion to get a garbage item. Even if you don't focus on it, you still lose.
There are very few super rare recipes that are useful but catching all reds and rares just for that is never worth it.

Uniques = nothing different from map drops except you can do that once every 100 maps or so per type.

Rares = Why spend 2 minutes to craft a rare with the possibility of it having bad rolls when you have essences that guarantee you a high tier mod. Not to mention you have better chances of getting a good item by simply picking items up.

I've baited myself into 50 recipes now with absolutely nothing to show except for a few deaths because I did 2+ crafts in a row and had no flasks up.
With the time that I've spent doing Bestiary stuff, I could have easily done 30+ maps so far.

CURRENCY IS NERFED MASSIVELY

> Crafting is too expensive now. If you want to get good items, just pick up rares.
> Forget Opal rings / Abyss jewels / Shaper items - rolling them will be too expensive and they can't compete with rares that drop often.
> Using masters to craft is not always a wise choice anymore. Don't even think about rerolling crafts
> Rerolling maps is a big deficit
> No use for map device at least until T15. T13 maps are 3C, last league they were 10C at this point
> 1 sextant = less profitable to buff up maps
> Super slow progression from mid gear forward

Almost any of the tools that you use will end you up in a deficit.
These prices aren't adjusted by players, the game itself doesn't allow you to have these tools or use them.
My last 6 T10 rare maps rewarded me with a single Vaal Orb, not a single alch / scour / chaos while I was wearing a 19% Goldwyrm. Absolute waste of time.

SUPER LAGGY SERVERS

I legitimately can't do any maps because I'll lose all my XP progress and no it's not my connection.

IN CONCLUSION

These changes were intentional by GGG( except for the lag of course) and was made to force players to play for longer but there is no magic left. This game currently has a lot of things but none of them actually matter at all, literally half of your options will cause you a deficit on average, no matter what you do or how good your game knowledge is. Your only way to achieve anything is to do exactly what GGG wanted - spend more time playing mindlessly.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Mar 5, 2018, 7:27:01 PM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2018, 1:12:38 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Gonna be honest I certainly never expected you to get this frustrated.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

It's because for people like him, the latest changes were over the top. Casual players are enjoying changes that never affected them in the first place. Vault was not the solution, but it provided some sort of end - endgame that people are looking for. Instead of using that and building on it they simply removed and obliterated everything. We had a solid system of investment vs reward. Now we have nothing. Not to mention the league lul, it's zero engagement, zero desire to look for the league mechanic because it's underwhelming as fuck.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
how they blew it with making the game a super grindfest that doesn't need any thinking whatsoever.

how else do you want to get your godly gear?

a grindfest with heavy rng to have at least some diminishing returns to get those supporting players wit a functioning life lucky from time to time.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Miská wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

It's because for people like him, the latest changes were over the top. Casual players are enjoying changes that never affected them in the first place. Vault was not the solution, but it provided some sort of end - endgame that people are looking for. Instead of using that and building on it they simply removed and obliterated everything. We had a solid system of investment vs reward. Now we have nothing. Not to mention the league lul, it's zero engagement, zero desire to look for the league mechanic because it's underwhelming as fuck.

Didn't even do Vault. I perfected my build so it could handle as strong high tier maps as possible with loaded mods.

> Bought prophecies or monstrous treasure
> Used Zana map mod
> Used fragments
> Rerolled maps
> Corrupted them
> Used quantity gear
> Used chisels

Almost all of these options are irrelevant now because you lose more than gain.

My character is left off right now at T10 with close to no progress at all. All that I gain from maps is traded into chaos which is traded into alchs to repeat the same process.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
vio wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
how they blew it with making the game a super grindfest that doesn't need any thinking whatsoever.

how else do you want to get your godly gear?

a grindfest with heavy rng to have at least some diminishing returns to get those supporting players wit a functioning life lucky from time to time.

I have a very functioning life, that is the very core reason why I'm quitting. I'm not willing to go endless zombie grind mode to have success.
I think everyone knew that Bestiary would be 99.9% waste of time. And then that 0.1% is the Bestiary mod/s that everyone chase.

Honestly though, it's retarded that you can beast craft unid rares. Who in their right mind would ever bother? Just another noob trap.

And servers, holy fucking shit. It takes 10 seconds to open the loading screen to a new instance after clicking door/portal. Spikes are unbearable, this is the first time EVER I had to get a labyrinth carry because I got dc'd on Izaro second and third fights.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Your only way to achieve anything is to do exactly what GGG wanted - spend more time playing mindlessly.

Pretty sure this is why I started playing in the first place, more or less without the mindlessly qualifier. Haven't done too many recipes this league so far but that might be because the menagerie is kind of meant to hold a bunch of mobs so you don't have to continuously manage your collection and can do a bunch of recipes in one sitting instead of every other map like you seem to imply.

I dunno. I'm enjoying it so far. Even managed to make me go necromancer summoner for like the 4th league in a row and still enjoy the crap out of it.

Sure it will get better as the actual patches and not hotfixes start hitting. Kind of disappointed that the first one never came over the weekend but at least we got the 3 second revert.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Mar 5, 2018, 11:30:56 PM
I am really confused here. Did the changes that OP mentioned really happen or is he just complaining about RNG and the sextant nerf? Last league(s) he was lucky and now he isn't? I didnt't see anything he is describing in the patch notes.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 6, 2018, 12:31:42 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I am really confused here. Did the changes that OP mentioned really happen or is he just complaining about RNG and the sextant nerf? Last league(s) he was lucky and now he isn't? I didnt't see anything he is describing in the patch notes.

If I have to guess it's RNG + sextant nerf + no more Zana Breaches. No idea though..

Laggy servers btw, what laggy servers? I have had zero problems so far!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info