Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Well,

I calculated more or less that with any build im slow and die a lot and its frustrating.. but i bought oni and leveled another character and guess what..

Each act I finished 15-20min quicker and it was nice facerolling through content..

10acts: 150min - 200 min saved up.

Farming tabula over many leagues turned out to be better solution than skipping it and rushing to maps. By better I mean, there was no magical profit waiting in maps.

Farming tabula would probably net around few hours. Lets say 2hours.

And in new league, in white maps I know i do die a lot, especially with no resistances and less damage than it can make me safe to level up.

So lets assume tier1 t2, t3, t4, t5: maps I would struggle in new league 2min for each map (not to die and kill a boss). 40maps - 80min slower but safe by not dying.

~400min or ~7hours.

This in itself would make oni worth farming for boring 7hours than same 7hours of frustration in campaign alone.
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
<<<  In honor of Charan  >>>

Another league and another day at the beach. Running a 3 OG farmer rotation this time, 2 rangers, 1 Templar.

Hey uber Hillock, please come out and play with me. We can have such a wonderful time playing "the dance of death" once more... please!... pretty please!!...

Rat's, level 7 and no UH.

Rat's, level 8 and no UH.

Uber Hillock... where are you?

More dozens of beach runs... damn the completely dead zombies are starting to pile up. I sure hope I don't have to go the full distance (another member of the Twilight Strand Level 9 Beach Club).

Oops again:

More DCs to interrupt the pleasant jogs up the beach. WDC or Dallas realm, it didn't matter. Networklayer packet loss DCs me out too much (SIGH!).

What's this?... Ah it is UH... so nice to see you today.

And so the dance of death begins once more:

This is where the melee changes introduced in Legion League really work well. Dodging UH in the one on one battle is melee bliss. No mobs, no fx clusterfuck shit, just a great straight up melee fight.

Needed to back off to get UH to leap slam and awaken his minions to refill flasks twice.

Uber Hillock is dead once more. Templar and Glacial Hammer is supposed to be the most difficult/tedious but with the melee rework it is a great fun fight. Just stay is close, hit and dodge, rinse and repeat, and UH does't leap slam until 10% health left. At least melee is viable here.
Thank you GGG.

3 minutes and 38 seconds to kill UH with Glacial hammer and

is not too shabby at all. The fight went so smoothly and dodging was so satisfying that the tedious boredom of all the beach runs was worth it.

And now for the prize:

Another Charan Sword. 83% crit is ok (I've gotten much worse).

All in all this UH battle (sword #22) was by far the most fun. Now I just have to clear the beach of all the dead zombies and Sand Spitters before they start to rot... yuck!

We will always mourn the loss of Charan.

@CHaran is proud of you trust me my friend <3.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
5 to go Arrow, good luck.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
5 to go Arrow, good luck.

My PoE lifetime goal was/is 23 OG swords in total (I know, thinking why that number Arrowneous? or more likely 23?...WTF!) so now at 1 per league I will get there in 3.9. Never again will I grind out 4 for 4 as I did in Incursion league (my total insanity summer league of 2018).

It still is extremely sad that Charan had such a dramatic falling out with GGG. Some speculate that being in the Alpha team that his early access to PoE 3.9 he saw GGG further moving PoE away from being a true arpg and that he couldn't take this anymore (we'll all find out in just over 22 days. Whatever the real reasons for his demise here we who daily post in the forums will sadly miss his knowledge and wisdom on all things PoE.

"
webas wrote:

Well, I calculated more or less that with any build I'm slow and die a lot and its frustrating.. but i bought oni and leveled another character and guess what..

Each act I finished 15-20min quicker and it was nice face rolling through content..

10acts: 150min - 200 min saved up.

Farming tabula over many leagues turned out to be better solution than skipping it and rushing to maps. By better I mean, there was no magical profit waiting in maps.

Farming tabula would probably net around few hours. Lets say 2hours.

And in new league, in white maps I know i do die a lot, especially with no resistances and less damage than it can make me safe to level up.

So lets assume tier1 t2, t3, t4, t5: maps I would struggle in new league 2min for each map (not to die and kill a boss). 40maps - 80min slower but safe by not dying.

~400min or ~7hours.

This in itself would make oni worth farming for boring 7hours than same 7hours of frustration in campaign alone.

I'm not and never will be a speed racer. I'm squarely a filthy casual player. That sometimes is frustrating (only 1 week into new a league and someone reached level 100 already... fuck that) because I think GGG will see this and react "we need to make PoE more difficult" as in more one-shot death traps for which I can't do anything about. But then we all must determine what parts of PoE we do enjoy and play that content more than others (such as OG farming).

For example, I was struggling with Cassia blights and failing to protect the pump a lot. But I completely reworked my spectre/skelli summomer with a 5 link staff instead of a septre + shield (only have a 4 link chest atm) and it is a night/day difference and I now can enjoy doing blights. Having the 5th or 6th link can make all the difference in the world. I ran a Tectonic Slam Jugg build back a few leagues with the OG and it was an easy sweet ride (cruise control all the way with a deathless Kativa kill) through the 10 acts and white/yellow mapping.

Another thing that I don't know if it was a bug in Blight that GGG finally fixed or my not using the correct supports but for my level 79 summoner my skeleton meat shield minions acted really stupid and would never attack the target(s) I was firing at (on a 4 link setup was self casting FP). They just aimlessly wandered around for the most part and if they randomly bumped into something then they would attack it. So I had to summon skeletons right on top of the tartget to get them to attack it (very annoying). Now after changing to my 5L staff:

they suddenly got a brain and when summoned will immediately zoom toward and attack a nearby target (even something off-screen). Did a recent patch fix a bug or did my failure to use a specific support like Feeding Frenzy cause them to be brainless? Whatever it was now my minions are making playing the blights nice so now I have shifted from disliking Blight League to actually enjoying it (better late than never). But that's pretty much true of any league mechanic, hate it when I can't work a build to do it well and love it when the build finally makes it easier to do.

EDIT: My problem with skeletons attacking was right there in the summon skeleton skill description. If I actually paid attention it says "If made aggressive, Skeleton Warriors will also dash toward nearby enemies." Paying attention to the details is important. So Feeding Frenzy is super important to use and that's why they now dash toward the nearby enemies. My bad.

So getting a 5L or 6L as soon as possible can make all the difference and take me from "I hate this league mechanic... this league sucks... I quit" to "I like this a lot". I don't like to play tower defense but now at least I don't need to skip Cassia and maybe I can get enough oils to craft with.

Now is there a good 6L Blight build using Charan's Sword? I know, I know, < 1½ months left in the league.

Good day to all and have fun on the TSB.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 24, 2019, 10:38:33 AM
I assumed 27 was your goal due to Charan's Div Card.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
I assumed 27 was your goal due to Charan's Div Card.

Oh yes, of course. I hadn't given any thought about that. After I do get #23 I'll have to re-evaluate my OG goals.

Edit: 27 Rebirth cards = WTF GGG! Typical GGG total insanity to have to grind out 27 rebirth cards. I only have 2 in six years:
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 24, 2019, 5:58:18 PM
I got a surprise Oni the other day. :-) Some beach characters were just sitting there in standard after being transferred from the last league and instead of mapping I thought, "what the heck I'll watch the news and beat sand". To my surprise UH popped out! Thanks for reminding me. I should decide what to do with it now.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I got a surprise Oni the other day. :-) Some beach characters were just sitting there in standard after being transferred from the last league and instead of mapping I thought, "what the heck I'll watch the news and beat sand". To my surprise UH popped out! Thanks for reminding me. I should decide what to do with it now.

Congrats, hope you got a high crit %. Yes, now that the league is over half done the big question, is there any incentive to riding the PoE merry-go-round on another new build and run the 10 acts again? Is there a fun-to-play OG cheap and easy to play build for the OG at this late time in Blight?

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Congrats, hope you got a high crit %. Yes, now that the league is over half done the big question, is there any incentive to riding the PoE merry-go-round on another new build and run the 10 acts again? Is there a fun-to-play OG cheap and easy to play build for the OG at this late time in Blight?

Hmm here's the 3 I've found.

I probably most recently found the 81% one I assume. I say that because I'm guessing I used divine orbs on the other two.

The Oni is a good sword but what I really love about it is just going through the 10 acts and enjoying the snotty goddess lines.

I justified to myself getting two swords to switch between swords setup for bosses and clearing. Justifying 3 is going to be a bit harder. HAHAHA I laugh because I'm saying this to a fine fellow with multiple stash tabs filled with Oni's! I'm just being kind of silly. I do find it somehow soothing to beat the beach. Crap, now I've talked myself into doing it some more now. There must be something that is not quite right with us?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Not going to Farm that ever again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info