Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

I met my first UH this League a couple of minutes ago.

To say it with Arrowneous:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
... I always feel cheated when after the long grind to get UH to get a low 70% roll ...

@Charan: the fight lastd not even 1 min, had lot of dmg though.
E: somehow i'm not able to link the vid correct.
Just do it! And keep it simple -
Things will become complicated by itself.
Last edited by tuasoafoch on Jun 24, 2019, 5:22:29 PM
I'm having a blast with this weapon!
Started progressing through the story as soon as I got OG, put a molten strike in it with added fire damage and an onslaught support, which makes traveling between packs a breeze thanks to Her Embrace and/or the onslaught movement speed buffs :)
Herald of Ash added in act 2 and now, in act 3 finally got cyclone, it gets more awesome every time! I'm spinning through the acts at high speed now!

I'm also really enjoying the voice lines so far! Just that little extra flavor after killing a rare or a rogue exile, awesome! And after killing Piety again in act 3, that "wait, where's the body?" part really got me :D
"
Gemkin wrote:
Got UH after running several hours spread across two evenings. It was the third run after hitting level 7 on this character!
I didn't even notice while engaging until my first swing didn't remove at least 25% of Hillock's health.
Very challenging fight, had to get back into the hit-once-run-around tactic again that I couldn't be bothered to do anymore since level 5 or something... Had to let him leap slam twice to get some health flask charges from the zombies though.
I've ran with 3 characters: 2 duelists and 1 Scion. All had around 1h26m played time when I got UH to spawn on my first character.

Edit: Got a pretty decent roll too :)

Congrats. Last league this same thing happened to me. Created 2 Scions and ran them to lvl 7 and then created a 3rd just to take up enough time to let the instances elapse. Within 3 or 4 runs of reaching lvl 7, UH spawned. I'm not sure if that's good or bad because it made me think it would always be like that. This league was ... a different story. Finally found one, but not until after 100s of runs with 3 Scions all mid-lvl 8. I almost gave up but I had put so much time into it I couldn't just let all that time go to waste.

And yeah, that first time spawning UH was a real shocker. Was such a fun battle after all the mindless hours that came before it though.

Given this league's effort, not sure I'll try to get one next league, but I'm leaning towards not. It is a lot of fun to use, though. Also nice to not bother checking any other weapons while playing.
Last edited by wsmithjr02 on Jun 26, 2019, 1:30:14 PM
"
I met my first UH this League a couple of minutes ago.To say it with Arrowneous:

"
Arrowneous wrote:
... I always feel cheated when after the long grind to get UH to get a low 70% roll ...

@Charan: the fight lastd not even 1 min, had lot of dmg though.
E: somehow i'm not able to link the vid correct.

Wow!!! 10 hours, 36 minutes. What level grind was that? My highest level grind for the sword was 9.06 in 7 hours something.

Come and join the Twilight Strand Level 9 Beach Club where all level 9 UH destroyers can commiserate together and get drunk. Also, we are always in need of volunteers to clean up the beach... so many completely dead zombies, so few volunteers (the club provides the hasmat suits).  :)

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Hey, I fought pretty hard to remove as much variance from the OG stats as possible. Even a low roll is still giving you everything that really counts in concrete form: the 6L, the added scaling damage, the nonslaught, the immunities and the added fire...

Don't get us wrong. Getting a 6 link sword at the beginning is great. But knowing that the range is 70% to 90% crit chance anything in the lower 70s is a disappointment and after 10 game time hours the 70% crit has to be depressing. Then add insult to this injury because no one will want to stop and trade you a few Blessed orbs to reroll it. Thanks GGG... NOT!, for your trade-chat failure to launch trading system.

A major CONGRATS to eat_the_rich for having the tenacity and fortitude (stubbornness maybe) to grind that long to get Charan's Sword. Well done! (You may now curse the rng gods).  :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Brick the first attempt.
Spoiler
Uh oh! Just got the 3.7.3 patch, first login was another OG beach farmer, and it loaded the character and I'm in Lioneye's Watch. Wait... What? Did I accidentally load the wrong character? NOPE! I immediately log out and pick another character, logout, and reload my OG farmer. I'm still in Lioneye's. I go back to the other character that I got the OG on one more time and then reload my OG farmer. Now I'm back on the beach again and all looks to be normal.

Definitely a bug but is my level 8.54 farmer now dead for getting UH? Impossible to tell. Do I keep running the OG farmer between playing other builds or is it a total waste of time now? No way to know. Thanks GGG... NOT!
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Uh oh! Just got the 3.7.3 patch, first login was another OG beach farmer, and it loaded the character and I'm in Lioneye's Watch. Wait... What? Did I accidentally load the wrong character? NOPE! I immediately log out and pick another character, logout, and reload my OG farmer. I'm still in Lioneye's. I go back to the other character that I got the OG on one more time and then reload my OG farmer. Now I'm back on the beach again and all looks to be normal.

Definitely a bug but is my level 8.54 farmer now dead for getting UH? Impossible to tell. Do I keep running the OG farmer between playing other builds or is it a total waste of time now? No way to know. Thanks GGG... NOT!

Sounds like a bad dream.
Yes!!!

Wanderlust shoes from a Hillock kill. 20% move speed... very nice for TSB runs.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 28, 2019, 4:54:03 PM
Right on the heals of my Duelist UH kill I get UH to come out and play with my Shadow. I hadn't done very many TSB runs this last week and 4th one today look who shows up.
Well how about those cursed RNG gods now? They are truly "the givers of pain and delight".

Ah, the graphics clusterfuck of a PoE fight that GGG is famous/infamous for.

Oops! The Shadow with Viper Strike and Lesser Poison doesn't work as well as the Duelist and dual weapon Double Strike. I needed to refill health flasks more and had too many Awakened to deal with.

Even with the death and run back up the beach I got a 3 minute UH kill.

Once again the fruits of my labor:

82% crit is ok. That's it for my OG farming this league. I only did a 2 OG farmer rotation this time with much less time devoted to grinding.

2 OG farmers = 2 Charan Swords, 1 Tabula, and 1 Wanderlust Wool Shoes. Pretty decent for a very casual TSB farming over 3 weeks.

Good luck to all who are grinding or thinking of grinding for an Oni-Goroshi. Never let the Wookie (rng gods) win.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 28, 2019, 4:56:13 PM
Arrowneous deserves a special title, how about "oni-goroshi goroshi"?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info