Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

I'd swear that some new exiles roll a seed number that works out better with the drop formulas and get more wisdoms than others. Same for when uber Hillock finally comes out on the beach. I have 2 exiles approaching level 8.5 with no unique drops (not a one) and last summer in Incursion league I was able to grind out 4 OGs and many uniques. But saying "rng is rng" and "ain't rng a bitch" it's impossible to prove this in any way and my thoughts about this can be dismissed as just another tin foil hat rant. But with my 19 OG swords farmed to date (over 1½ years) and 5 exiles in the Twilight Strand Level 9 Beach Club over 1/4th of my OG farming efforts required grinding into level 9 so I don't think that GGG has nerfed the odds of finding UH in Legion. Maybe on the lower end (level 6 and 7) it's harder but if it's still a 1% chance on any beach instance to get UH then my luck is all bad (and it is only this, bad luck).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Got my first Oni at level 7,5, my second one at level 8,2.

I am still, casually logging in my other char every day for the 3rd one. I play SSF so not looking to sell the extra ones. It's just that the rolls on the first 2 are not too great, 78 and 74% to crit.

Just got my Oni with one character at 7.25. Didn't really min max anything (was playing a Duelist without any movespeed boots) and only used one character, but I'd log in every now and then while watching streams/waiting in League queues. Overall pretty happy I got this lucky! Total time /played on that character was 1 hr 35 min. The fight itself was pretty spooky. With the new buffs to his abilities and not having a ranged attack, I was worried I might rip.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't lose the spawn if you die... you just have to run back from the start.
Not sure about standard, but ripping in Twilight Strand in HC will force you to create a new instance when clicking resurrect.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't lose the spawn if you die... you just have to run back from the start.

That's correct for softcore leagues. I think I even died in Oni-Goroshi instance when I had to AFK.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
How many OG are there in HC? Uber Hilock is a nightmare for new exiles... Do you go to SC if you die to him?
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Yes, you go to SC. I didn't find the fight particularly hard for my Duelist, do people really find him that difficult?

Also, if there is any Cleave-addicts club... I probably should join. Whatever I plan to play, I always end up switching to Cleave.

Still farming the second one, but I noticed that as much running for the first sword is often kind of fun and relaxing, the runs after I get my first become extremely tedious. Scions are fun, but I regret I made a Marauder, wanted to try melee ASAP and try Hillock with different classes.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
I am working on it so I can finish my set. If another sword in the set comes out I will have to farm for that thing too.

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Correct, if you are not HC
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info