[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

How viable is this in 3.4 Delve? I made a trickseter SR with MoM build, but its not really doing it for me, this looks more solid, althought the wrappings with +1 gems seems crazy expensive, is the non corrupted still viable enough?

Is Bastion of Hope that good?
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Oct 2, 2018, 8:12:34 AM
"
"
Fhenoix wrote:
Sorry i thought they were updated ill try to work on a pastebin but i've never done that before haha I've been a longtime lurker but never really actively participated in forums before.

Edit: Alright not sure if i managed to get everything correctly but here is the pastebin

https://pastebin.com/9dZpafuv

Ok so basically you are not playing the same build (different tree, different gems setup, different items, different orientations, etc.).

I don't think I could do a review on this character because it's a version of a RF build I've not played since Legacy league. The only thing I can say is about your clarity lvl 20. With this setup if you play a lvl 20 clarity you should not be able to run all your aura in your blood magic setup. Don't level it over lvl 5. From what pob show me, a lvl 5 Clarity should leave you 7 unreserved hp.

Otherwise, I don't have so much to say about all of this. Your build looks fonctionnal, and you have extremly good legacy stuff.
My only advice would be to ask for a build check-up on this topic which looks way more close to your character.

If you want to switch to this build, then it will be different, as always, I will be glad to answer any question.
But here you have an extremly good stuff in std for an other build, it might be sad to drop those items for a result that will be, maybe less satisfying. Even if this build can be one of the strongest RF build atm, it need extremly specifics and min-maxed stuff. It will take you a lot of time, of effort andof currency to reach the same level of stuff you have atm.
If you want to give this build a try, it's probably better to test it on a fresh new character in a new temp league.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I am positive i built off this thread back before prophecy (last time i played) as this was the only LLRF build that had tons of armor and ES and used shapers gloves.

That being said i have not played in a long time so the other build might be closer to what i am needing is that what you are implying?
Thought I'd post a leveling update incase someone new comes here looking for advice on how to proceed with leveling this build.
I did everything Lagrossesimone adviced me to.
Started of with just normal molten strike, boring as all hell but it did the job.
When I got to level 35 I did normal lab and took "time of need".
After that I grabbed my springleaf shield, Aurumvorax weapon, 2x Kikazuru rings, shapers seed amulet, belt of the deciever and actually did rare boots and gloves with alot of resists especially fire resist.
I degened slightly but time of need took care of that, slightly sketchy but once I got stone golem it went fine.
Leveling has not been any slower than normal other builds (Toric rain not included because that skill is busted).
Currently level 57, planing to get to blood aquaducts and grind to a level where I can use my core items, managed to 6L a shavs last night so I dont want to wait any longer than necessary.
Would recommend to go inc AoE for just running around and swap to conc effect for bosses, grab a witchfire brew asap if you can and added cold/light dmg on something to make it easier to proc EE, if not orb of storms works fine too.
Also Vaal RF is amazing for bosses, just make very sure to have a flask ready, preferably instant.
will update once I've gone LL for those interested!
So I levelled to 72 with a totally different Guardian build (Smite/HoP summoner) and now I want to respec to this build. Is it too early or can I make this build work at 72? I have about 15 ex to spend and already have this gear:

Spoiler

So here are the gear slots I'm confused on ( and if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread I apologize - I've read about 10-20 pages and there are a lot of ways to build this character :/ )

Boots: Death's Door or Sin Trek?
Belt: I can see I'll need ES recovery rate but can't tell what else is necessary - I spammed fossils on a heavy belt and got the one I linked, has a bunch of ES mods but can't tell if it will work
Rings: Looks like I can't use Opal ring until 80. Should I keep leveling until then?

I think I'm clear on the jewels (DoT, ES, fire damage, burning damage, etc) but I'm just afraid I'll respec the character and completely brick it. If it's relevant, this is the passive tree I was thinking to spec into:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/WrM4SJrc
"
EarfwormJim wrote:
So I levelled to 72 with a totally different Guardian build (Smite/HoP summoner) and now I want to respec to this build. Is it too early or can I make this build work at 72? I have about 15 ex to spend and already have this gear:

Spoiler

So here are the gear slots I'm confused on ( and if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread I apologize - I've read about 10-20 pages and there are a lot of ways to build this character :/ )

Belt: I can see I'll need ES recovery rate but can't tell what else is necessary - I spammed fossils on a heavy belt and got the one I linked, has a bunch of ES mods but can't tell if it will work
Rings: Looks like I can't use Opal ring until 80. Should I keep leveling until then?

I think I'm clear on the jewels (DoT, ES, fire damage, burning damage, etc) but I'm just afraid I'll respec the character and completely brick it. If it's relevant, this is the passive tree I was thinking to spec into:
Spoiler

Okay so I'm not an expert, but I suspsect LAGROSSESIMONE (which is the resident expert here in this thread) is EU and might not respond just yet so I'll give it the ol' college try.
Opal rings are not a necessity but more extra minmax bonus.
You have all the core gear, so as long as you get all the regen nodes, there's no reason why it wouldnt work at level 72, I'm planing to do the same myself, currently leveling towards blood aquaducts.
As for boots, Death's door seems to be just Quality of life of not having to worry about bleed, sin Trek is more ES and also ALOT cheaper, so the way I view death's door is a high end bonus if I plan to do for instance, lab farming or something.
As for belt, you asked what else you need on it.
Max ES, ES recovery rate are very good, as high as possible and then fill up with whatever resists you need I presume. thats how I'm gonna tackle it atleast
Would anyone mind taking a look at my character malvarmitFreunden amd give me some advice on how to progress (gear and passive wise)? I would be most grateful for your help! :)

Also, i totally love this build! Even i am able to run red maps without dying, and that's to say something!! <3
"
Chridian wrote:
"
EarfwormJim wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Okay so I'm not an expert, but I suspsect LAGROSSESIMONE (which is the resident expert here in this thread) is EU and might not respond just yet so I'll give it the ol' college try.
Opal rings are not a necessity but more extra minmax bonus.
You have all the core gear, so as long as you get all the regen nodes, there's no reason why it wouldnt work at level 72, I'm planing to do the same myself, currently leveling towards blood aquaducts.
As for boots, Death's door seems to be just Quality of life of not having to worry about bleed, sin Trek is more ES and also ALOT cheaper, so the way I view death's door is a high end bonus if I plan to do for instance, lab farming or something.
As for belt, you asked what else you need on it.
Max ES, ES recovery rate are very good, as high as possible and then fill up with whatever resists you need I presume. thats how I'm gonna tackle it atleast

Thanks for the help! I bought a pair of Sin Treks and am running them through lab for the 2% regen enchant now, then I'll respec and get this character started. Would you say there are any gems besides Purity of Fire that need to be 21 or are the rest just min/maxing?
Scorching Ray level 21 helps a bunch with damage, but other than that mostly Purity of Fire imo.
Is the boots enchant mandatory ? I got pretty much everything but the enchant, and even the cheapest are at 3ex :/

Ty for the infos, i changed my build from following the main page to the one where you increase aura effect and i have to say i like it much better.
With 21 purities you can reach 84/83/84 resistances.

Also is sintrek a budget variant for ES boots?
On shaped belts: chain or heavy belt? I guess crystal is the best option in delve but the base alone is 90c.
Last edited by Chaospunk90 on Oct 3, 2018, 7:13:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info