[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

So I read your leveling post, and I imported the trees into PoB, and you didn't go LL til 85+ (or so it says in the PoB) Is this because you were counting on having to farm currency as life RF, because you didnt have the nodes you needed to or some other reason?
Because the gear we need, the core items such as shavs, memory vault prism guardian, those are level 70.
I've never done LL before so I thought I'd ask to be sure, so that I dont completely screw up (:
There is, imo 4 ways to level this character :

1. You go for an extremly efficient leveling build, life based, like Molten Strike build, Poet's Pen build, etc. And you switch from lvl 70-80 in RF Low Life.
Here, I don't have so much to say or to explain. There is plenty post or videos that explain how to do it in the most efficient way.

2. You go for a life based RF/SR build. At, around lvl 70, your tree should looks like something like this.
Respect skill point from quest rewards should cover most of the tree reworks.
And to make it works, you only need Shaper's Seed amu, dual Kikazaru, and Springleaf (or The Oak) shield as core unique. Rest of your stuff can be rare items. If you want to level as RF build, it's imo the most efficient and relevant way to go.

3. You can go for a LL based RF/SR just like in this video guide posted before.
I never tested this solution for leveling, because when I theorycrafted in PoB the stats I got was extremly low. Low ES and caping the res was a pain in the ass because most of leveling ES items have (almost) no res.

4. Or you can do a powerleveling in delve by asking some friend to carry you in low tier delve (it's extremly profitable for them because side room in delve will loot same amount and tier of currency and fossil as in higher tier. And they will be able to do a lot, you can take a look about this reddit post and the part 1 linked in it that did a review on how lucrative low deepth delve are).
And for this kind of leveling, the RF life based tree is relevant because it focus on life and regen, so it will help you to run in delve.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Oct 1, 2018, 6:30:51 AM
where would you put a second healthy mind?

and do you need arcane vision when you reserv your hp ?
Last edited by Chaospunk90 on Oct 1, 2018, 8:00:23 AM
"
I should make my own thread

You almost need to make your own thread seeing as how this one and alot of other RF threads are becoming outdated.

I'd like to breathe some new life into my old Legacy RF guardian would you mind taking a peek at my gear and passives and telling me what i should focus on upgrading.

(I did manage to snag a pretty nasty Watcher's Eye but it's in Delve atm waiting for league end)

I haven't played in almost a year or more and it seems like so much stuff has changed but im not sure what direction to go considering i have some pretty good legacy variants.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give!

Last edited by Fhenoix on Oct 1, 2018, 7:27:48 AM
"
There is, imo 4 ways to level this character :

1. You go for an extremly efficient leveling build, life based, like Molten Strike build, Poet's Pen build, etc. And you switch from lvl 70-80 in RF Low Life.
Here, I don't have so much to say or to explain. There is plenty post or videos that explain how to do it in the most efficient way.

2. You go for a life based RF/SR build. At, around lvl 70, your tree should looks like something like this.
Respect skill point from quest rewards should cover most of the tree reworks.
And to make it works, you only need Shaper's Seed amu, dual Kikazaru, and Springleaf (or The Oak) shield as core unique. Rest of your stuff can be rare items. If you want to level as RF build, it's imo the most efficient and relevant way to go.

3. You can go for a LL based RF/SR just like in this video guide posted before.
I never tested this solution for leveling, because when I theorycrafted in PoB the stats I got was extremly low. Low ES and caping the res was a pain in the ass because most of leveling ES items have (almost) no res.

4. Or you can do a powerleveling in delve by asking some friend to carry you in low tier delve (it's extremly profitable for them because side room in delve will loot same amount and tier of currency and fossil as in higher tier. And they will be able to do a lot, you can take a look about this reddit post and the part 1 linked in it that did a review on how lucrative low deepth delve are).
And for this kind of leveling, the RF life based tree is relevant because it focus on life and regen, so it will help you to run in delve.

thanks a bunch, Im definitely leveling as life RF (your second option) and respeccing to LL between level 70 and 78!
So I made this with one dense fossil.

Is it much worse than I think it is because I was super excited about it. It does give me more regen than a heavy belt I have with 20% es recovery rate.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Chaospunk90 wrote:
where would you put a second healthy mind?

and do you need arcane vision when you reserv your hp ?

It depends on your tree.

If you took Melding wheel, then :
Spoiler

If you don't took Melding wheel and took Devotion :
Spoiler

If you don't took Melding wheel and Devotion, then you probably may not take a second Healthy Mind.

"
Fhenoix wrote:
I'd like to breathe some new life into my old Legacy RF guardian would you mind taking a peek at my gear and passives and telling me what i should focus on upgrading.

(I did manage to snag a pretty nasty Watcher's Eye but it's in Delve atm waiting for league end)

I haven't played in almost a year or more and it seems like so much stuff has changed but im not sure what direction to go considering i have some pretty good legacy variants.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give!

I would be happy to help you, but you should post a Pastebin of your character, or at least make your profil and characters public.

"
Moridin79 wrote:
So I made this with one dense fossil.

Is it much worse than I think it is because I was super excited about it. It does give me more regen than a heavy belt I have with 20% es recovery rate.

ES regen are base on max ES. Lets suppose you have 8% regen. And have 10k ES.
With a 20%ES recovery belt that does not buff your ES, your regen will be : 9.6%ES. 10.000*9.6% = 960 regen/sec
Now lets suppose that your belt only provide you 15%ES recovery, but buff your ES and gives you a total of 12kES. So you will have only 9.2% regen ES with a 15%ES recovery belt. But 9.2% of 12kES = 1104 regen/sec.

"

I would be happy to help you, but you should post a Pastebin of your character, or at least make your profile and characters public.

Sorry i thought they were updated ill try to work on a pastebin but i've never done that before haha I've been a longtime lurker but never really actively participated in forums before.

Edit: Alright not sure if i managed to get everything correctly but here is the pastebin

https://pastebin.com/9dZpafuv
Last edited by Fhenoix on Oct 1, 2018, 7:21:02 PM
Are there any particular gear pieces I should be on the lookout for when leveling?
I have what @LAGROSSESIMONE mentioned, shapers seed, bloodbond, sundance, Aurumvorax and the oak, and 2x Kikazuru.
Just looking for tips on what else to get before level 68ish
"
Fhenoix wrote:
Sorry i thought they were updated ill try to work on a pastebin but i've never done that before haha I've been a longtime lurker but never really actively participated in forums before.

Edit: Alright not sure if i managed to get everything correctly but here is the pastebin

https://pastebin.com/9dZpafuv

Ok so basically you are not playing the same build (different tree, different gems setup, different items, different orientations, etc.).

I don't think I could do a review on this character because it's a version of a RF build I've not played since Legacy league. The only thing I can say is about your clarity lvl 20. With this setup if you play a lvl 20 clarity you should not be able to run all your aura in your blood magic setup. Don't level it over lvl 5. From what pob show me, a lvl 5 Clarity should leave you 7 unreserved hp.

Otherwise, I don't have so much to say about all of this. Your build looks fonctionnal, and you have extremly good legacy stuff.
My only advice would be to ask for a build check-up on this topic which looks way more close to your character.

If you want to switch to this build, then it will be different, as always, I will be glad to answer any question.
But here you have an extremly good stuff in std for an other build, it might be sad to drop those items for a result that will be, maybe less satisfying. Even if this build can be one of the strongest RF build atm, it need extremly specifics and min-maxed stuff. It will take you a lot of time, of effort andof currency to reach the same level of stuff you have atm.
If you want to give this build a try, it's probably better to test it on a fresh new character in a new temp league.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

"
Chridian wrote:
Are there any particular gear pieces I should be on the lookout for when leveling?
I have what @LAGROSSESIMONE mentioned, shapers seed, bloodbond, sundance, Aurumvorax and the oak, and 2x Kikazuru.
Just looking for tips on what else to get before level 68ish

When you are leveling as a Life based RF, keep in mind that you only need few things (in priority order) :
1. Sustain your RF degen (which mean you need the highest fire res and life regen as possible) ;
2. Caped resist ;
3. Highest life possible.

So here you don't have so much usefull items for you.

- Bloodbond at lvl 30 can be extremly good because of the %life and the 1% life regen.
- Aurumvorax is extremly interesting for caping res. But you can also go for other weapon like Brightbeak, Dark Seer, Suprem Truth (good for exp leeching if you get PL in delve), Screaming Eagle, etc.
- Belt of the deciver is a well balanced belt imo. If you don't need flask and don't need res, Umbilicus Immortalis may be an interesting choice (personnaly I hate playing without flasks) ;
- Vaal Caress gloves or Volkuur's Guidance in cold are good for cold res and life, Meginor is ofently used, but I don't think we can get 400 str at low level ;
- Sundance, and later Redblade Trampler are good choices.

But except Bloodbond or weapon slot that can take a great use of uniques, all other slot can be played with rares items. It's just that some of them gives you more life or more res, or some extra regen. But from a point, rare items will certainly surpasse uniques, especialy near lvl 50+. From lvl 50+ you will have a hard time if you only play uniques, because you will surely lake of life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info