How to get high level maps?

Maybe I'm missing something, I can't find anything about this subject. I've been doing maps for days, have probably done 50-100, and I've never found a map above 68. I thought the level of the enemy determined the level of the map dropped, but I've killed many level 70 enemies (rares on 68 maps), that have dropped 66 maps?

But on 66 maps when I kill a yellow/end boss they drop 68 maps?

Am I missing something? Is it really based on that much luck just to get a 69+ map or?
Yes. Purely bad luck unfortunately (on not getting 69 maps)
That sucks, I've found 2 69's nothing 70 or above, I kept dying though, seem to only make it a quarter of a life at a time. I got some rare maps to use before I complain too much, at least I'm finding maps, I really dislike the maps where I don't get new maps, I don't want to farm haha :)
IGN Wraeclastt
Yeah, I feel this is kind of a problem in the game atm.
Only the higher level maps drop sellable items and the chance to get a high level map is incredibly small.
This also encourages the heck out of group playing, besides the fact that group play is already OP as it stands.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
by doing higher lvl maps

in a 66map

if a map drops from a white mob the map is 66 again

if the map drops from a champion its will be lvl67 map

if a yellow/boss drops a map in a 66 area the map will be 68

and so on

or you can trade 3 of the same type to the next lvl tier
"
frozenmildew wrote:

No if they drop a map it is between 66 and 68.

"
zhirek wrote:
"
frozenmildew wrote:

No if they drop a map it is between 66 and 68.

Pretty sure that's not true. I've gotten 69 maps on 66 ones.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Alternatively, just sell them to the vendor, 3 of the same maps will yield 1 map a level higher.
"
zhirek wrote:
Alternatively, just sell them to the vendor, 3 of the same maps will yield 1 map a level higher.

That is pretty much never worth it since 3 maps will always give you more XP than one.
The only reason you'd do this is if you have tons of maps, but then it's not really an issue anymore anyway.

while we have this topic going, why are there 4 map slots in the map machine?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info