Energy Shield and Life

"
_PBS_ wrote:
First they nerf block chance stacking, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use block in my builds.

Then they nerf Chaos conversiaon, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use Chaos conversion.

Then they came for double dip, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use double dip.

Then they came for CI, and there was no one left to speak for me.

Niceeee.
So basically I suppose that its now considered that melee INT builds are not meant to be viable.

Poor shadows.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Possibly don't nerf ES numbers quite so much, and one or two ascendancy classes (occultist / trickster) have a node similar to the slayer where leech for ES doesn't stop when it fills
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
_PBS_ wrote:

Niceeee.

GGG secretly wants to destroy the fun of this game because the game revolves around "work" to get what you want rather than "play." In 3 years ~1400 hours "worked" I've created one epic build that is about to evaporate in the next patch ....
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986
... that guide is 49,900 words. I love this game when it is fun, but I've realized everything they do is contrary to what the players want if it is easy fun. GGG needs the game to be an arduous, time-evaporating slog-fest to keep players here longer since they don't want to be creative. It's why RPGs like this dissolve once you get everything you want on your character, because the game is all about getting gear. So the only way to keep players here is to slow them down by making the game harder and more oppressive. GGG is smart enough not to out-right piss everyone off, but the change they want WILL eventually happen. I've seen it happen, when they want some skill nerfed they'll slowly and methodically make it so crappy that everyone will drop it then no one will see it get utterly scrapped.

They will do this forever. No skill or aspect of the game is in your control, it's in GGG's control and their goal is to keep you here as long as possible.

So the only way they know how to keep players here is by making the players work at a crushingly oppressive game, one that is especially hostile to non-cookie-cutter-GGG-approved builds. Many builds which break the mold are killed off because the solution is control for GGG, not fun. Patches are just measures of control. They prefer to nerf and re-work every single aspect of the game that players can get too easily and become too powerful to laugh it up at final bosses, but being powerful is not allowed. Nerf.

GGG has demonstrated that they don't want to be creative and engage players
GGG has only shown itself to use nerfs to make players work

This entire game
IS WORK

If I wanted to work instead of play, I'd work more hours at my job
GGG, you are a shart

~Umbra_the_Wolf
the Wolf bleeds
yet dies not

(except to GGG patches)
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 20, 2017, 5:21:36 PM
"
_PBS_ wrote:

You forgot they ruin AOE and Pyre Ring builds
"

everything they do is contrary to what the players want if it is easy fun. GGG needs the game to be an arduous, time-evaporating slog-fest to keep players here longer since they don't want to be creative. It's why RPGs like this dissolve once you get everything you want on your character, because the game is all about getting gear. So the only way to keep players here is to slow them down by making the game harder and more oppressive. GGG is smart enough not to out-right piss everyone off, but the change they want WILL eventually happen. I've seen it happen, when they want some skill nerfed they'll slowly and methodically make it so crappy that everyone will drop it then no one will see it get utterly scrapped.

They will do this forever. No skill or aspect of the game is in your control, it's in GGG's control and their goal is to keep you here as long as possible.

So the only way they know how to keep players here is by making the players work at a crushingly oppressive game, one that is especially hostile to non-cookie-cutter-GGG-approved builds. Many builds which break the mold are killed off because the solution is control for GGG, not fun. Patches are just measures of control. They prefer to nerf and re-work every single aspect of the game that players can get too easily and become too powerful to laugh it up at final bosses, but being powerful is not allowed. Nerf.

This entire game
IS WORK

GGG, you are a shart

~Umbra_the_Wolf
the Wolf bleeds
yet dies not

(except to GGG patches)

I had considered returning to the game in 3.0 and even giving money for a few cosmetic things, but GGG continues to balance the game around it being "Work" rather then a "Game". It would be nice if they would just let us have fun for a change and for the people they are balancing this for, well just give them their own little league to play in.

I always found it easier to play with life based characters as i had access to instant heal potions.
ES took more work to get stablized and funds to maintain. But it felt rewarding.

I will hope that they find a better method of balancing before 3.0 releases. One shots for every build make for a very frustrating experience.
"
nadakuu wrote:
"

everything they do is contrary to what the players want if it is easy fun. GGG needs the game to be an arduous, time-evaporating slog-fest to keep players here longer since they don't want to be creative. It's why RPGs like this dissolve once you get everything you want on your character, because the game is all about getting gear. So the only way to keep players here is to slow them down by making the game harder and more oppressive. GGG is smart enough not to out-right piss everyone off, but the change they want WILL eventually happen. I've seen it happen, when they want some skill nerfed they'll slowly and methodically make it so crappy that everyone will drop it then no one will see it get utterly scrapped.

This entire game
IS WORK

GGG, you are a shart

~Umbra_the_Wolf
the Wolf bleeds
yet dies not

(except to GGG patches)

I had considered returning to the game in 3.0 and even giving money for a few cosmetic things, but GGG continues to balance the game around it being "Work" rather then a "Game". It would be nice if they would just let us have fun for a change and for the people they are balancing this for, well just give them their own little league to play in.

I always found it easier to play with life based characters as i had access to instant heal potions.
ES took more work to get stablized and funds to maintain. But it felt rewarding.

I will hope that they find a better method of balancing before 3.0 releases. One shots for every build make for a very frustrating experience.

one-shots is the new difficulty mechanic they like to use to control elite players and noobs alike

CONTROL
WORK

NO FUN
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
_PBS_ wrote:

Niceeee.

THIS
God mode from ES is almost dead (just dead?) - god mode is always bad.

ES can´t tank like life tank - good, because witches, rangers and assassins (that side of the tree) aren´t supposed to be the best pure tanks. Just new and specializated tanks for these classes/side of the tree.

Life will be better - nice, but be careful about new god mode.

Less/no double dip = less dmg = less leech - good, leech is not a special mechanic, but just another mechanic.

Even ranged life builds aren´t the same because grip changes, so I expect more balance.

Regeneration is under maintenance.

I want the death of god mode, but I believe in this only with confirmation.

I want mob/boss damage and life balance (more fight, less hk).

I want less skill move speed (without some investment for it) and more move speed (talking about until 100% at least, more than that trivializes instances). This is part of survive.

Absolutely no related, but change trap for grenade, because makes more sense (launch, 3-2-1, boom) and mines don´t make sense for me (sorry).
Can't believe you guys are actually doing it, grats! You guys have my respect again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info