Energy Shield and Life

Just one thing only thing CI needs is not how to become better or worse version of life is to be viable, but to become special and odd ball thing that gives on it's own, reason to be built around. You can't be built around on receiving chaos damage (especially if it is not self inflicted).

Blood rage not deals chaos damage anymore(as it was poor thing for CI because served only for gaining frenzy charges on kill no leach for CI back then, no more damage on low life even now), and even than it was just something one off. Rightcious fire doesn't worked and works with CI it is disabled in one life you have 1 life. There is no reason to have CI, but life pool it gives.

CI needs not become stronger but to become distinct enough, just not be treated as blue life with CI. Which suffers in most cases, and works great in other one. You can't build around something you can't control. And this something should be obvious enough to push player oh it could be used for this, to allow him to try and give CI some niche to exist despite changes, and hint what else can be done.

P.S. I used to have account it is just I think I lost it.

Also
Spoiler
All CI builds but this one are softcore. The true hardcore build and only build which is challange and puts point to argument weather ES or life superior. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4 (Old video)
RIP Energy Shield.

Seriously, i'm not a fan of Energy Shield, but you just destroyed a lot of builds.
Ok I recovered My Old character.
Someone saying that it is impossible I would say even with half ES it is possible to tank quite a bit, in this video just need to use mechanics game gives you to survive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR0MCphu03M He bearly takes 12k damage from skills that supposed to kill you, if you stay in them and pretty fast, like just enough it is required you to leave them asap.
seriously, i think the nerf to ES is too huge.

if you wanna make challenged for ES build user, nerfing leech and regen will be a lot.

unlike life build, ES doesn't have flask to instant regen ES and all ES build depends on Regen or Leech to sustain or facetank the bosses.

remove those vaal pack is already a huge nerf on ES, instead of removing maximum ES, why dont just nerf ES regen, so the player would still need to dodge attacks in order to stay alive.

too much nerf will only move all player to life build and abandon ES.
"
tanks1989 wrote:
seriously, i think the nerf to ES is too huge.

if you wanna make challenged for ES build user, nerfing leech and regen will be a lot.

unlike life build, ES doesn't have flask to instant regen ES and all ES build depends on Regen or Leech to sustain or facetank the bosses.

remove those vaal pack is already a huge nerf on ES, instead of removing maximum ES, why dont just nerf ES regen, so the player would still need to dodge attacks in order to stay alive.

too much nerf will only move all player to life build and abandon ES.

And at last would make them play clever both life and CI alike. The only thing I a bit sorry is CI loses its distinct features more HP but also against burst damage, and it is without Ghost reaver Vaal pact, I understand it for melee, but not for ranged, also you wouldn't find understanding in terms what Vaal pact nerf does, I still think it is broken just by design. 12k ES theoretical max over 9k HP theoretical max I would take as benchmark, it feels all you need to say oh my, I need to get out of Damage zone. Use skill x to weather the storm.

And yes life has flasks to recover, Though CI can wield other flasks without need for life flasks, but I would like something more uselful and obvious to build around from CI rather than oh now I have more HP to survive both sustain and burst, in fact I would be really pleased if CI got changed at some point like eldritch battery got changed. So CI gameplay would be different and on it's own justified way unique experience.

So continuing brainstorming, maybe CI giving flask charges when x ES damage taken (MAybe chaos damage doesn't bypasses ES instead of immunity. And same you have only 1 HP) This would make obvious what it could be used for, allow you rely on special pots instead making them one offs.
The nerf is real.

Don't really care though, we'll make do. Changes are nice from time to time. Worse case scenario, nobody will be playing ES for 3 months and you will fix it in the other season.
Stay awhile... and listen.
new player here.(been playing since the middle of breach i guess)

remove patches of lagging ground and also dumb down the game - in high tier maps there is lag even without patches of lagging ground.(less monster, less item but stronger monster and better item mby)

now about maps - i`ve reached t15 maps for 3-4 times, but then i run out of maps and start of again from t10 maps. been trying to reach shaper but i`m kind of turned off by the maps mechanics.(i know i can shape some low tier maps with two bosses and not get t12 maps to get better drops, but this is so weird...) i got around 70 objectives and it should be enough to reach end game bosses. been running yellow maps and vaaling them is crap - you get temp chains, reflect and patches of lagging ground that ruin them... either remove vaaling or those mods. also about vaaling - those sacrifice things i wasted them on map quality didn`t knowing i could get to this atziri queen... i can buy it i guess but it is weird. and those gloves that i need from atziri they cost 15 exalts... and then we come i guess to the energy shield thingy... bcoz if es build couldn`t leech from those gloves i guess they would be much cheaper.

although i`m a new player es looks much stronger than life... combined with CI. leaching energy shield doesnt seem too bad for me, but instant leech is overpowered. lowering down the numbers for es and not allowing to instant leech would fix it in my opinion. if life doesn`t get a really huge monster buff, then instant life leech is ok - es would have to go back to recharge their shield after huge hits and life could just regain the lost health since they will have lower hit point pool.

edit: and also leveling past 90 seems too slow.. why would i have 100 levels if i realistically couldn`t reach much more past 90? that`s it for casual player like me... but the leveling thing and map drops really make wonder to stop playing the game altogether. balancing the game is okay but i really dont have problem some guy running some crazy map and raping last bosses with es and ci... my problem is i cant reach shaper and other end bosses without investing too much time.(and i nvested alot already). make the game more friendly for casual and new player, then fix some overpowered stuff. :)
Last edited by juvotnu on May 21, 2017, 7:22:44 AM
"
juvotnu wrote:

now about maps - i`ve reached t15 maps for 3-4 times, but then i run out of maps and start of again from t10 maps. been trying to reach shaper but i`m kind of turned off by the maps mechanics.

You are doing it wrong, bro.
First you have to open your atlas as much as you can, 100+ should be a good start. You may want to lock a certain tier like all t12 except vault and all t13 to chain spam vaults, but your atlas bonus should be 100+
Second you have to use alchs on the red (t11+) maps
Third you have to use chisels (4x on the white maps) before alching higher-tier (t14+) maps

With all these stuff you should never run out of t14+ maps, but sometimes you could run out of t15 and t16.
"
juvotnu wrote:
new player here.(been playing since the middle of breach i guess)

remove patches of lagging ground and also dumb down the game - in high tier maps there is lag even without patches of lagging ground.(less monster, less item but stronger monster and better item mby)

now about maps - i`ve reached t15 maps for 3-4 times, but then i run out of maps and start of again from t10 maps. been trying to reach shaper but i`m kind of turned off by the maps mechanics.(i know i can shape some low tier maps with two bosses and not get t12 maps to get better drops, but this is so weird...) i got around 70 objectives and it should be enough to reach end game bosses. been running yellow maps and vaaling them is crap - you get temp chains, reflect and patches of lagging ground that ruin them... either remove vaaling or those mods. also about vaaling - those sacrifice things i wasted them on map quality didn`t knowing i could get to this atziri queen... i can buy it i guess but it is weird. and those gloves that i need from atziri they cost 15 exalts... and then we come i guess to the energy shield thingy... bcoz if es build couldn`t leech from those gloves i guess they would be much cheaper.

although i`m a new player es looks much stronger than life... combined with CI. leaching energy shield doesnt seem too bad for me, but instant leech is overpowered. lowering down the numbers for es and not allowing to instant leech would fix it in my opinion. if life doesn`t get a really huge monster buff, then instant life leech is ok - es would have to go back to recharge their shield after huge hits and life could just regain the lost health since they will have lower hit point pool.

edit: and also leveling past 90 seems too slow.. why would i have 100 levels if i realistically couldn`t reach much more past 90? that`s it for casual player like me... but the leveling thing and map drops really make wonder to stop playing the game altogether. balancing the game is okay but i really dont have problem some guy running some crazy map and raping last bosses with es and ci... my problem is i cant reach shaper and other end bosses without investing too much time.(and i nvested alot already). make the game more friendly for casual and new player, then fix some overpowered stuff. :)

Well maps were designed as accational run at first place, and not designed to stream high level content in succession, don't know why, usually other games make maps relatively cheap for what they worth, because main reason is to give something to run, something interesting. Also the game is not exactly for casual players, despite I disagree with some design standpoints. The only thing I might sugguest you is to run more item quantity, and if it is not enough join the party for running your map, usually rule is maps go to one who opened map, and with large quantity from more players, you might recharge your map pool when you get lower.

Leveling is so slow past 90 is because not all content out, though maybe there is other reason. But I think there were talks that you supposed to get higher level once all acts are finished. But don't hold me for this it was quite long since I heard it. Btw by lvl 90 your build is most likely finished, and you just getting a bit more of same.

"Sadly" fixing balance and broken things is a thing becasue it is not a single player smash your face game. But ladder and competetive leagues are the thing, and having wide variety of builds is always fun and healthy thing, especially when you party with someone, and can look oh cool he did this. It is far more prolific to balance things out, as players start helping you keep player base and even attract new one.
Last edited by bormoth on May 21, 2017, 7:45:20 AM
"
bormoth wrote:

Well maps were designed as accational run at first place, and not designed to stream high level content in succession, don't know why, usually other games make maps relatively cheap for what they worth, because main reason is to give something to run, something interesting.

Actually the atlas is designed to stream high level content in succession.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info