Energy Shield and Life

"
CBEToffOP wrote:
How regretful.

I want to ask you:
What the difference between LIFE and ES builds with instant leech?
NONE except that ES pool is higher which helps to withstand hard blows (ELEMENTAL ONLY)! (Life/Armour will mitigate physical damage, while Life/Evasion gives evasion to all attack types)!
But you have to remember that ES builds sacrifices nodes/item slots/flasks slots to counter STUN/FREEZE/etc. which come non stop on red maps while life based have better in this aspect (the more life the better)!

If ES as you say will be CUT DOWN at high-end levels SO WHY YOU REMOVING INSTANT LEECH FOR ES?
Instead of balancing ES values you CUT DOWN builds VARIETY.

WHY THERE CAN'T BE ES INSTANT LEECH BUILDS?

there is a unique claw called bloodseeker, and unique gloves called atziri's acuity
Current estimates are that a build that balances offense and defense and is well-geared can reach around 15,000 Energy Shield.

Maybe you mistyped? Maybe you wanted write TOP?!
Who will even craft this type of items? When you can buy old versions!

Also won't be there a issues with Tier scaling? If you reduce T1 by 33% but lower Tier less? Won't they overlap?

From your Estimations:
15k ES VS 9k Life(With armor/evasion)!

Vaal Pact
This keystone will no longer affect Energy Shield in any way. It will only apply to Life Leeched. This is because the higher effective health pool provided by Energy Shield trivialized some encounters where Vaal Pact let you restore all of your pool in under a second, if your damage was sufficient.

So are you saying that SOME ENCOUNTERS should ONE-SHOOT YOU, even when you have TOP gear and use tactics?!

Because THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCE IN INSTANT AMOUNT OF LEECH for ES/Life builds!
It is based on damage output, not your effective health pool!

If monster can't kill you in one go, you will leech health pool back, NO DIFFERENCE LIFE/ES Builds!
You already reduce ES amount players can have, WHY RIP ES-leech builds?
"
vutuan372 wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
How regretful.

I want to ask you:
What the difference between LIFE and ES builds with instant leech?
NONE except that ES pool is higher which helps to withstand hard blows (ELEMENTAL ONLY)! (Life/Armour will mitigate physical damage, while Life/Evasion gives evasion to all attack types)!
But you have to remember that ES builds sacrifices nodes/item slots/flasks slots to counter STUN/FREEZE/etc. which come non stop on red maps while life based have better in this aspect (the more life the better)!

If ES as you say will be CUT DOWN at high-end levels SO WHY YOU REMOVING INSTANT LEECH FOR ES?
Instead of balancing ES values you CUT DOWN builds VARIETY.

WHY THERE CAN'T BE ES INSTANT LEECH BUILDS?

there is a unique claw called bloodseeker, and unique gloves called atziri's acuity

It is exactly CUT DOWN builds VARIETY.
If there are problem with too high ES pool then reduce it to reasonable values!
Why cut down Vaal Pact for ES ONLY?

MAYBE REMOVE Vaal Pact at ALL?

Because i can answer to your answer in the same manner:
You want LIFE based builds with INSTANT leech THAN:
YAY! finally...
kill CI
kill AOE

time to say gby afer 2600hrs

"
vutuan372 wrote:

It was mentioned somewhere that no forms of instant leech will work for ES, even from items.
First they nerf block chance stacking, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use block in my builds.

Then they nerf Chaos conversiaon, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use Chaos conversion.

Then they came for double dip, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use double dip.

Then they came for CI, and there was no one left to speak for me.
This nerf is really painful for ES build, indeed. But I see the problem somewhere else. Why do "normal" leech have a cap and in the same time instant leech has no cap? In fact, there is many ES build just facetanking all the content and this is what GGG want to get rid of. Instant leech with cap and we dont have any facetanking builds. And yes, cut down ES pool, but make much faster start of recover ES or maybe create some flask that helps ES character in some way.
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
Current estimates are that a build that balances offense and defense and is well-geared can reach around 15,000 Energy Shield.

Maybe you mistyped? Maybe you wanted write TOP?!
Who will even craft this type of items? When you can buy old versions!

Also won't be there a issues with Tier scaling? If you reduce T1 by 33% but lower Tier less? Won't they overlap?

From your Estimations:
15k ES VS 9k Life(With armor/evasion)!

Vaal Pact
This keystone will no longer affect Energy Shield in any way. It will only apply to Life Leeched. This is because the higher effective health pool provided by Energy Shield trivialized some encounters where Vaal Pact let you restore all of your pool in under a second, if your damage was sufficient.

So are you saying that SOME ENCOUNTERS should ONE-SHOOT YOU, even when you have TOP gear and use tactics?!

Because THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCE IN INSTANT AMOUNT OF LEECH for ES/Life builds!
It is based on damage output, not your effective health pool!

If monster can't kill you in one go, you will leech health pool back, NO DIFFERENCE LIFE/ES Builds!
You already reduce ES amount players can have, WHY RIP ES-leech builds?

Hypostasia

Thesia

Conclusion.

1 + 1 = 2
So many stupid people in here thinking that these changes are final.. It's BETA numbers, which will surely be tweaked for the right balance before the official deployment of the expansion...
"
_PBS_ wrote:
First they nerf block chance stacking, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use block in my builds.

Then they nerf Chaos conversiaon, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use Chaos conversion.

Then they came for double dip, and I did not speak out —
Because I did not use double dip.

Then they came for CI, and there was no one left to speak for me.

this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6by3wp/the_tragedy_of_energy_shield/?st=j2x9oo75&sh=8d6cc7b6

and this too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info