Donald Trump and US politics

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Trump puts forth a game changer for Puerto Rico. (at the 3:20 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRW3x1TTWoQ&feature=youtu.be&t=3m25s

It would be interesting to see how trump intend to wipe out their debt. Saying it and doing it are two different things.

The more sane people in WH are walking back Trumps comments.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/04/trump-puerto-rico-debt-white-house-response-243452

Like I said would destroy muni bond markets not to mention other states would demand bailouts too. Can not happen.

(yes i know PR is no state but it basically is in practice, only reason it's not a real state is republicans don't want 2 more democratic senators)

It was a BIG statement by Trump. Whether that was "Art of the Deal" (Ask for far more than you want and try to get the opposing side to settle where you actually want it) I'm not sure. If PR's corruption can be cleaned up (big IF there too, I know) it could be an enormous financial opportunity for long term growth, and we would end up recouping most of the bailout.

As for statehood - I haven't followed them enough to really know, but was talking a few days ago with a friend who travels their frequently and has business associates there. He was saying that the people there aren't convinced they will be better off financially once they have to start paying US Income tax, even though they will likely receive more in Federal programs than they will pay in taxes.

I'm starting to think Trump is playing a different version of baseball than everyone else. He doesn't believe in being out after three strikes. He gets unlimited strikes, so he can swing at whatever he wants until he gets a hit, or Congress makes an out by passing legislation.

If Trump keeps fighting for the agenda he promised, there are going to be a lot of opposition congressional members tossed out of office in 2018.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Psalms of Moribund
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'm just as queasy about electroshocking gay people straight as I am about the surgical creation of penises on people who were born women. I guess as long as the patient is willing then it's their body, etc, but it still seems nightmarish from my perspective. Although I don't support banning such behavior, I'm not really comfortable with such things being normalized, much as one might not be comfortable with the normalization of showing off one's best Pennywise cosplay in public (excepting Halloween) but still unwilling to ban such a practice.

I mean, in general I have light support for heteronormativity, as I think the primary purpose of sex is and should be seen as reproduction, but a handful of non-heteros (and childless heteros) is and should be seen as acceptable so long as they aren't normalized, and I have no problem whatsoever with even the normalization of practicing bisexuals who have/had children in a stable partnership with someone of the opposite sex.

In that light, I find those Pence memes more than a little disturbing. They casually allude to something rather horrible like it's no big deal, and go to a dangerous extreme with views I otherwise have some support for. Smells like purity spiral, which means it smells like rot.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 6, 2017, 2:45:10 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Oblivious
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm just as queasy about electroshocking gay people straight as I am about the surgical creation of penises on people who were born women. I guess as long as the patient is willing then it's their body, etc, but it still seems nightmarish from my perspective. Although I don't support banning such behavior, I'm not really comfortable with such things being normalized, much as one might not be comfortable with the normalization of showing off one's best Pennywise cosplay in public (excepting Halloween) but still unwilling to ban such a practice.

I mean, in general I have light support for heteronormativity, as I think the primary purpose of sex is and should be seen as reproduction, but a handful of non-heteros (and childless heteros) is and should be seen as acceptable so long as they aren't normalized, and I have no problem whatsoever with even the normalization of practicing bisexuals who have/had children in a stable partnership with someone of the opposite sex.

In that light, I find those Pence memes more than a little disturbing. They casually allude to something rather horrible like it's no big deal, and go to a dangerous extreme with views I otherwise have some support for. Smells like purity spiral, which means it smells like rot.

No one cares, you'll get over it!
Psalms of Moribund
"
ghstbr wrote:
No one cares
Of course not; I'm not blind. But they should.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 6, 2017, 6:21:49 PM
The Pence memes are rather disturbing, but that's part of the fun...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I could tell you all I'm not triggered, but then I'd be lying. I am not, however, triggered about being triggered.
I hope Trump gets impeached and we get a real conservative like pence. Trump is a fool with like 80 IQ gifted his fortune and not conservative.

This dumb motherfucker is keeping swamp shoulder deep and it's about to drown him.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 7, 2017, 12:30:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info