Donald Trump and US politics

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
hmmm I really wonder why they refuse to release the ads (I don't)

Even if the ads were what the MSM hoped they were, I'm sure that 100 thousand spent (considering half didn't show until after the election) didn't make a whisper compared to the estimated 9.5 Billion spent during the election cycle on various campaigning.

You know, if you are correct on the amounts, you are likely correct that it had a negligible impact.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
If "Russian" is applied broadly enough to apply to Russian citizens and NGOs, then it's silly to pretend Russians had no impact on the 2016 election. So did the UK (Milo, Farage), Japan (BPS), Canada (Molyneux), and probably many others.

The real question is: in what way is any of this a crime? Even if, theoretically, Russians spent a billion on advertising, how is talking to us evil? Are we tacitly accepting the premise that the advertising that permeates US media is mind control?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Yeah, I'd like to see whatever info the Zuck is withholding from us, and fast, the more time it takes to release, the less trust I put in it. I dont trust that snake one bit. facebook is known for blatant information control, they arent even trying to hide it anymore.
With how the left is showing no will to reform itself, I can see them putting all their eggs in this basket for next election. Its just in the perfect position and corrupt enough to be a strong candidate. Tulsi beware
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 5, 2017, 11:31:13 AM
Guys, what is "the storm"?
We'll find out?
"

he can no longer contain Pence

Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 5, 2017, 10:26:00 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If "Russian" is applied broadly enough to apply to Russian citizens and NGOs, then it's silly to pretend Russians had no impact on the 2016 election. So did the UK (Milo, Farage), Japan (BPS), Canada (Molyneux), and probably many others.

The real question is: in what way is any of this a crime? Even if, theoretically, Russians spent a billion on advertising, how is talking to us evil? Are we tacitly accepting the premise that the advertising that permeates US media is mind control?

Obama actively campaigned for Brexit. Everything the Trump campaign did with Russia, Hillary also did 10 fold with Ukraine and many other nations. No one who has thought about this issue can answer your question reasonably and still be anti administration on this.
"
Disrupted wrote:
"

he can no longer contain Pence

Nice!
"
innervation wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Obama actively campaigned for Brexit. Everything the Trump campaign did with Russia, Hillary also did 10 fold with Ukraine and many other nations. No one who has thought about this issue can answer your question reasonably and still be anti administration on this.

Dude thats not even scratching surface - we've literally done like 63 coups since WW2. Then you got all these .gov soft power influencing things like Radio Free Europe and .gov funded NGOs like USAID and National Endowment for Democracy. There is like 1000s. If Russia wants to buy ads here whatever.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 6, 2017, 3:02:13 AM
A Russian owned investment company, Digital Sky Technologies (DST), invested $200 million in Facebook in 2009 and own 2% of the stock.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/27/technology/internet/27facebook.html

DST is owned by Yuri Milner who also invested $50 million with Jared Kushner in 2016 and has long time connections to VTB Bank.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2017/09/28/yuri-milner-russia-dst-facebook-e-commerce/#77d280ba7339
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info