Donald Trump and US politics

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
There is circumstantial evidence suggesting that the Mandalay Bay shooter was a violent leftist.
I don't think it's fair to portray him as a representative of the Left. I don't think the shooting is terrorism, because terrorism is about an explicit political motive that this shooter didn't communicate. It was apolitical violence.

That said, the perp himself was an unmarried (but dating) childless (despite being married to one woman for four years) 64-year-old millionaire landlord and gambling addict who hated country music fans. Sounds like a left-of-center normie to me, although apparently that was just a disguise.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 3, 2017, 11:45:01 AM
There was a forensic doctor that was on TV last night and said that "High powered rifle" rounds were used. 5.56mm/.223 doesn't qualify as "High powered rifle" in any firearms circles. .308, 7mm magnum, 30-06, .300 magnum, etc is "high powered rifle". We're talking something that can drop a charging grizzly bear, buffalo or moose dead in its tracks.

What was most likely used was 7.62x51/.308. I used to own a CETME that used that caliber of round, and it's possible to convert those to fully automatic. I think it's more likely that was what the shooter used. The range was about 400 yards, roughly, and 7.62x51 is a considerably better round than .223 at that range. More accuracy and velocity. He could have afforded an H&K 91, and converted that to fully automatic. It's basically a CETME, just superior quality. The H&K G3 is the fully automatic (selective fire) variant of the H&K 91, basically the same rifle, which is why you can buy a conversion kit.

It's not illegal to 'own' a conversion kit. They're just parts. It only gets illegal when you put the parts in the weapon. They can't just make conversion kits illegal for the same reason they can't make rolling papers illegal. Even though most people who buy rolling papers most certainly don't roll tobacco with them. Convenience stores don't sell brill-o pads behind the counter right next to the rolling papers for their cleaning purposes, either.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 3, 2017, 12:35:47 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I don't think it's fair to portray him as a representative of the Left.

You as an admitted "Classic Liberal" understand that you've been cuckolded by the same "Left" that now calls you a "Nazi Sympathizer"? The point I'm making is that they're not atypical leftists, you are. The current "Left" is completely off the deep end, Maxine Waters, Russia collusion, White Supremacists are taking over the country, type of thinking. I suspect that the shooter is of that ideological variety. Now, I could be wrong, but based on what we currently know, that's my best guess.

The only "sane" Democratic Senator that I'm aware of is Joe Manchin. Most of the rest are closer to Maxine Waters than they are to you.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 3, 2017, 12:52:46 PM
I'm not a leftist. I'm a prosperity centrist. Perhaps I'm a lefty

for you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Using the Bane meme tells me all I need to know, Scrotie. Maybe I misunderstood you. But, I get it now.
Dude I've been baneposting around this bitch so hard that it's beyond cliche, where the fuck have you been
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 3, 2017, 3:57:43 PM
Cliche my ass. I've no idea who or what that is but I dont watch TV. Mind killer.
Git R Dun!
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
There was a forensic doctor that was on TV last night and said that "High powered rifle" rounds were used. 5.56mm/.223 doesn't qualify as "High powered rifle" in any firearms circles.

Spoiler

.308, 7mm magnum, 30-06, .300 magnum, etc is "high powered rifle". We're talking something that can drop a charging grizzly bear, buffalo or moose dead in its tracks.

What was most likely used was 7.62x51/.308. I used to own a CETME that used that caliber of round, and it's possible to convert those to fully automatic. I think it's more likely that was what the shooter used. The range was about 400 yards, roughly, and 7.62x51 is a considerably better round than .223 at that range. More accuracy and velocity. He could have afforded an H&K 91, and converted that to fully automatic. It's basically a CETME, just superior quality. The H&K G3 is the fully automatic (selective fire) variant of the H&K 91, basically the same rifle, which is why you can buy a conversion kit.

It's not illegal to 'own' a conversion kit. They're just parts. It only gets illegal when you put the parts in the weapon. They can't just make conversion kits illegal for the same reason they can't make rolling papers illegal. Even though most people who buy rolling papers most certainly don't roll tobacco with them. Convenience stores don't sell brill-o pads behind the counter right next to the rolling papers for their cleaning purposes, either.

In some of the unreleased photos taken by the police, there are numerous casings laying on the floor, and all of the people analyzing the photos that I have seen commented that they look like 5.56 mm rounds. I can't judge them myself. The other thread has a photo of the scattered brass lying about.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Trump puts forth a game changer for Puerto Rico. (at the 3:20 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRW3x1TTWoQ&feature=youtu.be&t=3m25s

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Trump puts forth a game changer for Puerto Rico. (at the 3:20 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRW3x1TTWoQ&feature=youtu.be&t=3m25s

I said damn.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info