Donald Trump and US politics

NK is pure Militarism. At least there will be some Cyberattacks on the U.S. and/or other western countries damaging the economy. And threatening NK with total destruction is just fuel for their nuclear program.

If you were living in South Korea or Japan you would not call it hot air.

South Korea is in a situation comparable to West Germany some time ago, except for the fact that the leadership of the former GDR was not that crazy. I used to visit relatives there when I was young (which obviously I am no longer).
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Sep 24, 2017, 6:36:47 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Just pointing out the Orange Elephant in the Thread you're all arguing so vehemently around. Donald Trump is an incompetent politician who doesn't know or care enough about the system to improve it in the slightest, and so all he does is bluster: bluster about NK, bluster about sports players, bluster about "fixing" a machine he has no more chance of comprehending than a monkey does a combustion engine.

And you're just discussing the minutiae of that bluster so "intelligently" instead of asking yourselves if it's wise to be so easily distracted from the reality that this circus is not how government works.

Wake the fuck up.
What's funny about the new wave of "woke" people is they are suddenly aware of the present but oblivious to the past. They see the flaws in Trump but remain blind to all the polluticians that preceded him. I mean, for fuck's sake, bluster? You're unironically telling us to notice that gasp! the Donald speaks to his base and public perception more than he speaks to policy or issues? Where the fuck have you been the last three decades?

Watch some old George Carlin standup and get a grip.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 24, 2017, 12:53:44 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Donald Trump is an incompetent politician who doesn't know or care enough about the system to improve it in the slightest

The system isn't the real problem. The problem is the people within the system.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
bluster about NK
If China follows through with what we are being told by the press, than we will see the strongest pressure yet put on NK. We will see how this one plays out, but NK doesn't have a massive stockpile of fissile material, and will run out of materials for endless tests, unless China or Iran resupply them.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
bluster about sports players
The president of the United States is saying what tens of millions of sports fans have been thinking for a long time, as is easily witnessed by declining viewership.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
And you're just discussing the minutiae of that bluster so "intelligently" instead of asking yourselves if it's wise to be so easily distracted from the reality that this circus is not how government works.

The way the government "works" to provide clean drinking water in Flint Michigan? The way the government "works" to not kill off veterans by having them wait several months for appointments, or the way they jumped on reforming the V.A. years ago when they first heard of the problems? Perhaps you meant the way government works to prevent unnecessary shootings by police officers and requires them all to have working body cams as a condition of employment?

I'd say the best example of how government "works" is the legislative circus of Obamacare and the legislative carnival of replacing it. While there is active disagreement on coverage, who should be running it, and how it should be paid for, they are beating their heads against oncoming traffic because they haven't taken the most rudimentary steps that any business would do with financial issues.

Look at the numbers - and by this, I mean legally delve into the finances (by force of law if necessary) of all involved - whether it is hospitals, insurance companies, medical supplies, pharmaceuticals etc. Find out exactly where money is wasted, and where costs are being manipulated excessively for profit. Learn what can be streamlined. Once we know that, we can try to fix the problems.

We have a legislative system that has continually failed to do things in an intelligent manner for decades. Trump's effort is to shake that up and get some momentum towards a solution.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Sep 24, 2017, 4:44:52 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/donald-trump-and-the-politicization-of-everything/540915

Just pointing out the Orange Elephant in the Thread you're all arguing so vehemently around. Donald Trump is an incompetent politician who doesn't know or care enough about the system to improve it in the slightest, and so all he does is bluster: bluster about NK, bluster about sports players, bluster about "fixing" a machine he has no more chance of comprehending than a monkey does a combustion engine.

Wake the fuck up.

This is kinda funny given that the last three presidencies buried their heads in the sand so they could sleep comfortably while making this a non-issue. Counting slick Willy's term post-quote:

"
North Korea will freeze and then dismantle its nuclear program. South Korea and our other allies will be better protected. The entire world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons.

"South Korea, with support from Japan and other nations, will bear most of the cost of providing North Korea with fuel to make up for the nuclear energy it is losing, and they will pay for an alternative power system for North Korea that will allow them to produce electricity while making it much harder for them to produce nuclear weapons.

"The United States and international inspectors will carefully monitor North Korea to make sure it keeps its commitments. Only as it does so will North Korea fully join the community of nations.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Nuclear program in North Korea will be accelerated. Iran will spend more money on it´s military. Thx Donald, good job. /irony

Just stop barking.

Yeah, another 8 years of appeasement policy where NK can develop their nuclear bombs in peace would be way better.

You either believe in "an armed society is a polite society" or you don't. Personally I have no issue with any nation having nukes. Saved USA and Russia from many bloody wars. Stopped Pakistan and Indias many wars. etc.

Anyways nothing Trump did will accelerate or decelerate ANY nations working towards bomb. It's simple a binary equation. You have one you get respect and won't be CIA/regime change coup'd. You don't you're at mercy of those who have it. Like I'm sure Ukraine regrets giving theirs up bout now as Russia takes whatever land they want from Ukraine.

All nations not under US or Russia nuclear umbrella are working on it if able. I suspect you'll hear from Iran, Ukraine and Turkey in near future. While Turkey is theoretically in NATO, thus a USA protectorate, Erdogon doesn't trust us since USA is responsible for like 5 coups there one tried on Erdogon himself.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 24, 2017, 11:22:16 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You either believe in "an armed society is a polite society" or you don't.
An interesting piece of cognitive dissonance, that.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You either believe in "an armed society is a polite society" or you don't.
An interesting piece of cognitive dissonance, that.
If a person (or group of people) can engage in physical violence without fear of retaliatory violence, they will. Thus, the backbone of peace is the unrealized yet pervasive threat of violence upon the violent; when the threat itself no longer proves sufficient, that's when the threats unfortunately must be made real.

The problem, of course, is that the entity that threatens retaliatory violence — traditionally government — is itself a possible initiator, and thus a threat to peace itself. A good government is one strong enough to defeat an errant few wrongdoers but vulnerable enough to get obliterated should it get out of line.

This is why nuclear weapons are the among the most effective weapons for peace ever devised — those who misuse them will most certainly ensure their own demise at the hands of others who wield them. "Mutually assured destruction" is a peacelover's dream.

This is why NKor isn't going to do shit. Even Rocket Man knows that their only use is kamikaze, and he doesn't plan on dying. The only way NKor would ever nuke anyone is if either the NKor government was doomed to collapse due to foreign intervention, or if a third party infiltrated their nuclear program. In the event of the latter, you might say "oh, not his fault then, shouldn't retaliate," but that's where you're wrong, kiddo. The threat of utter anhiliation is what ensures each country with a nuclear arsenal secures it competitently against outside interference. It is imperative that each newcomer nation to the Nuke Club is keenly aware of this responsibility, and the way to do that is to threaten them with anhiliation for any critical misstep. (Go fuck yourself, Jeremy Corbin.)

Trump won't invade NKor either, for the same reason. They're both just going to wave their dicks around until they eventually settle down and reach a mutually agreeable deal. They're just negotiating. Ain't shit gonna happen.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 25, 2017, 6:28:40 PM
Well said McB.

Hey is anyone #BoycottNFL?

I am. It's pretty easy for me since I don't watch any pro sports except fighting which I PPV usually. But made easier with their total disrespect of America who made them rich and free. I understand hating some things about USA, I do too. Like perpetual war state. Like insane taxes on everything. etc. But on the the balance it's best country in the world and no reason to disrespect it publicly. In front of kids, vets and people.

If they hate it so much quit NFL and show us how to be a kind gentle police officer. Let me know how it goes. Easy to Monday quarterback cops choices and they are wrong chices in many cases but not reason to disrespect whole country over it. Besides sports and poltics shouldnt mix. It's a place to come together and fight over trivial stuff like who's team is best.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 25, 2017, 4:00:31 PM
I was boycotting the NFL before it was cool. Way before.
Handegg is usually lame anyway.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info