PoE: The big picture. Something for everyone (to complain about?)

Ha ha I am sure Bars . Quickly assumptions ............

The economy was a big part of it , they didn't like the disadvantage whats so weird about it ?
There's this thing called temp leagues.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
yup they didnt like that idea either haha , that was even more of a issue lol
"
Devonor wrote:

Well, what can I say. You can't have the pie and eat it, too.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
herflik wrote:

Also the best proof that there is for any game discussion - its popularity of given game. Now go ask milions of players that are fans of ARPGs, why arent they playing POE. Come back and bring the list, that will be exactly what GGG does wrong.

Of course GGG wants to capture new customers, but not at any cost. They have been pretty clear in the past; they're making the game they want to play. They have a vision, and I'm sure they're doing everything they can to widen their audience within this vision.

Even the "Feedback and Suggestions"-forums are hints towards that; the only feedback and suggestions taken into account, are QoL improvements - mostly.

The staff of GGG has increased by 500-600% the last few years - based on PoE business model alone. Some may call that a success, but not everyone's aiming for the starts; some just want to create their vision. And if the visions of "important" people inside GGG are stronger than their greed, PoE keeps the same pace forward.

So you call it "does wrong" from your perspective, or even a business perspective. Someone else may call it "does right" - from a creative perspective. Even I may call it "does right", as I don't want PoE to turn into "just another ARPG like anything else".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Devonor wrote:

Well, that one is legit. If you're really casual about the game it's probably best to play in standard and maybe earn goodies in temps, but the game is indeed centered around leagues so you might feel like you're missing on the action.

Though there's another way to look at it, if you're casual you don't give a damn about legacies and if you're a competitive player you should play temps anyway because that's where the competition is.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Phrazz wrote:
they're making the game they want to play.

I believe it's making the game that pays the bills nowadays. Can't blame them, the company got bigger than they ever imagined I guess.
"
raics wrote:
"
Devonor wrote:

Well, that one is legit. If you're really casual about the game it's probably best to play in standard and maybe earn goodies in temps, but the game is indeed centered around leagues so you might feel like you're missing on the action.

Though there's another way to look at it, if you're casual you don't give a damn about legacies and if you're a competitive player you should play temps anyway because that's where the competition is.

They're not casuals , they simply didn't like it . They cared about the economy . They didn't want to play the game because of this . Also some other stuff that annoyed them very much like 1 shotting mechanics and stuff getting nerfed , xp in particular . They liked the lab though lol , i hate it haha .
They liked the complexity and lab but it wasn't enough to get them into the game because of the stuff they didn't like.

Anyway we have fun in other games so no big deal :)
Fair enough, the game is indeed a mixed bag of good, bad and plain ugly, either the good part tips it over for you or it doesn't. That's probably the whole point of the thread, it's fine if you stay because you like it more than you don't, but if you're staying in hope that this is all one big fuckup that will be fixed some day, you're wasting your time.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I like how GGG would like POE to be like MTG.
MTG is a great game, best game I've played next to World of Warcraft (I'll get crap for this).
But one thing crosses my mind..

MTG gets its sales by selling new sets of booster packs every new expansions.
Which every player will buy because there are new mechanics, new strategies and new cards smells really good. Opening that booster pack is an experience all on its own.
You will not be able to experience what the new league offers if you don't buy the cards.
You are "forced" to buy new cards to experience the new gameplay.

POE gets its sales from selling MTX.
Which not every player will buy every new league.
And you can still play the new league without buying new MTX.
And people hate that they are "forced" at buying tabs.

So for POE to be more like MTG a crazy idea that everyone will HATE comes to mind..

1) New skill gems, support gems and uniques (armor, weapons, rings, jewels, etc.) for the new league can only be acquired from purchasing League specific mystery boxes, this will be random of course just like booster packs.

2) New Acts and Maps should be purchased from labeled League Starter Box (non-random), with instructions of a passive skill tree and a build to follow plus a 4 slot 1 skill gem and 3 support gems needed for that specific build plus one mystery box. There can be couple of different types of these sets.

3) You can still use old skills for the new acts and maps and new skills on old acts and maps.

4) For rarity, we already have some form of it in uniques, common gems be level 1 0 quality, uncommon could be level 1 +20 quality, rare could be a level 22 to 30 gem. A foiled item can be of a different artwork.

5) Normal Stash Tabs can be like land, one is always given per mystery box. One Premium Stash Tabs can be had with League Starter Boxes but could also randomly appear in mystery boxes. While Currency Tab is FREE!! comes with your free account.

6) Of course normal eye candy MTXs are also randomly included inside these boxes. And supporter packages still are available.

7) GGG will have to create a couple of these skills, support gems and uniques per league to sell more mystery boxes (this could be the not so feasible part).

Yeah it's stupid, maybe un-ethical. To my defense, this is general discussion, I hope I'm free to speak my idiotic... uh yeah I'll show myself out. Thanks. BTW nice post Bars, very informative.
*(meekly turns away and RUN!)*
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Nov 9, 2016, 1:18:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info