PoE: The big picture. Something for everyone (to complain about?)

"
element274 wrote:

1) New skill gems, support gems and uniques (armor, weapons, rings, jewels, etc.) for the new league can only be acquired from purchasing League specific mystery boxes, this will be random of course just like booster packs.

2) New Acts and Maps should be purchased from labeled League Starter Box (non-random), with instructions of a passive skill tree and a build to follow plus a 4 slot 1 skill gem and 3 support gems needed for that specific build plus one mystery box. There can be couple of different types of these sets.

This would go directly against their monetization model, I don't think they would ever do it. Also, imagine the shitstorm.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
The only p2w i'd like to see in the game is a way to buy ascendancy points for $. If asia version has that, i'll probably be switching over. Fuck the lab noise.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
element274 wrote:
MTG is a great game, best game I've played next to World of Warcraft (I'll get crap for this).

Da crap it is, the best game you ever played was tetris.

There you go.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Great Read.

+1
Good post. I have such a love/hate relationship with this game, but I keep coming back for more because, in general, GGG has an impressive knack for balance (numbers could always use tweaking, but the core mechanics, mod limitations, and gear possibilities are incredibly sound and interesting to explore).

I complain a lot because I see so many ways that this game could easily become better for me, yet I realize that GGG is working through a free-to-play model that necessarily gives something to everyone in order to attract a larger player base and keep the company afloat as it releases consistent improvements. And updates... What other game, let alone free game, gives almost daily news posts and has this many patches? This game is a case study for addiction and success.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Bars wrote:
"
element274 wrote:

1) New skill gems, support gems and uniques (armor, weapons, rings, jewels, etc.) for the new league can only be acquired from purchasing League specific mystery boxes, this will be random of course just like booster packs.

2) New Acts and Maps should be purchased from labeled League Starter Box (non-random), with instructions of a passive skill tree and a build to follow plus a 4 slot 1 skill gem and 3 support gems needed for that specific build plus one mystery box. There can be couple of different types of these sets.

This would go directly against their monetization model, I don't think they would ever do it. Also, imagine the shitstorm.

Nah, it will never happen, I for one am glad it wouldn't. Quality post you have there, hope more of us reads it. Labs.. hmnn I like that it's unique and appreciate the game mechanics of an Izaro encounter but I don't agree that it's like a mini HC, I feel that packs are ok but Izaro is overtuned for most of my builds at that level. Such a waste of development efforts when players hate it. I do it once and overleveled just for the points. Well GGG got more than an earful for that in the forums.

"
raics wrote:
"
element274 wrote:
MTG is a great game, best game I've played next to World of Warcraft (I'll get crap for this).

Da crap it is, the best game you ever played was tetris.

There you go.

Heathen! Tetris was not simply a game. It was God of Gaming himself Gamefied.
You don't play it, you pay homage by pressing his tits and arranging his blocks for hours, days even.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Nov 9, 2016, 8:38:09 AM
"
element274 wrote:

Heathen! Tetris was not simply a game. It was God of Gaming himself Gamefied.
You don't play it, you pay homage by pressing his tits and arranging his blocks for hours, days even.

Forsooth! Since yon days of Diablo 1 thou shalt pay homage to Tetris and include it in thine inventory management for all AARPGs!

Spoiler
Playing D3 on a console... just having lists for all inventories and stashes... It was something I thought I wanted... but... it felt so wrong... Gah. There is no pleasing me. I do not know what I want apparently
"
element274 wrote:
I like how GGG would like POE to be like MTG.
But one thing crosses my mind..

MTG gets its sales by selling new sets of booster packs every new expansions.
Which every player will buy because there are new mechanics, new strategies and new cards smells really good. Opening that booster pack is an experience all on its own.
You will not be able to experience what the new league offers if you don't buy the cards.
You are "forced" to buy new cards to experience the new gameplay.

POE gets its sales from selling MTX.
Which not every player will buy every new league.
And you can still play the new league without buying new MTX.
And people hate that they are "forced" at buying tabs.

So for POE to be more like MTG a crazy idea that everyone will HATE comes to mind..

3) You can still use old skills for the new acts and maps and new skills on old acts and maps.

4) For rarity, we already have some form of it in uniques, common gems be level 1 0 quality, uncommon could be level 1 +20 quality, rare could be a level 22 to 30 gem. A foiled item can be of a different artwork.

5) Normal Stash Tabs can be like land, one is always given per mystery box. One Premium Stash Tabs can be had with League Starter Boxes but could also randomly appear in mystery boxes. While Currency Tab is FREE!! comes with your free account.

6) Of course normal eye candy MTXs are also randomly included inside these boxes. And supporter packages still are available.

7) GGG will have to create a couple of these skills, support gems and uniques per league to sell more mystery boxes (this could be the not so feasible part).

Yeah it's stupid, maybe un-ethical. To my defense, this is general discussion, I hope I'm free to speak my idiotic... uh yeah I'll show myself out. Thanks. BTW nice post Bars, very informative.
*(meekly turns away and RUN!)*

yup run , RUN !!!!

This was not a good idea lol
A funny idea on its own , but you cant just design poe as it was a cardgame not like what you just suggested atleast . Not only was it a bad idea for poe but also p2w.
"
Devonor wrote:
Not only was it a bad idea for poe but also p2w.

Depends on how well are the new skills balanced. It's something like having pay-only heroes in MOBAs, p2w only if they're stronger than the rest of the cast.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 9, 2016, 11:49:41 AM
"
Devonor wrote:

yup run , RUN !!!!

This was not a good idea lol
A funny idea on its own , but you cant just design poe as it was a cardgame not like what you just suggested atleast . Not only was it a bad idea for poe but also p2w.

Yup, those are mere wishful imaginings leftover when I was addicted to MTG.
Back then, I was really dreaming and hoping for a PC version of the game.
Where the card's art translates to 3D figures of heroes and monsters, dragons and wizards.
Devastating and elaborate animation of attacks and spell mechanics.

Instead I found myself playing MTG Battlegrounds.
Not what I expected but its a start.
Then the online ones gets released, only its a virtual TCG.
No 3D representation of the card's art, but a virtual card with art. meh.
So I played RPGs instead.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Nov 9, 2016, 11:16:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info