PoE: The big picture. Something for everyone (to complain about?)

"
herflik wrote:
@OP

In one sentence you write that GGG knows exactly what they are doing in other you criticize them that they make flaws (so dont know what they are doing). Make up your mind.

Also the best proof that there is for any game discussion - its popularity of given game. Now go ask milions of players that are fans of ARPGs, why arent they playing POE. Come back and bring the list, that will be exactly what GGG does wrong. Because as any company, you cant just focus on players that already play, you gotta focus also on possible customers, so new players in this case.
The question is always "why arent they buying our product?".

Nobody on this forum sems to care about this side of a wall at all.

You sound salty, people are actually enjoying the thread so they obviously care? Also if you want to please everyone, you please no one :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
herflik wrote:
@OP

In one sentence you write that GGG knows exactly what they are doing in other you criticize them that they make flaws (so dont know what they are doing). Make up your mind.

Also the best proof that there is for any game discussion - its popularity of given game. Now go ask milions of players that are fans of ARPGs, why arent they playing POE. Come back and bring the list, that will be exactly what GGG does wrong. Because as any company, you cant just focus on players that already play, you gotta focus also on possible customers, so new players in this case.
The question is always "why arent they buying our product?".

Nobody on this forum sems to care about this side of a wall at all.

reading comprehension: 0
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
herflik wrote:

Well, no... you can have a very carefully planned and well-thought out plan and still make mistakes when executing it. The things that happen to be mistakes might even have been parts of the plan that you thought would work but didn't.

Not trying to sound like a fanboy but your statement is too absolute. Do you always execute the things you plan for yourself 100% the way you planned them with no mistakes?

a) Seasonable - they dont change things just for the sake of change.

b) Legacy - its a interesting concept, but devs can change this too.

c) Timmy, Jonny and Spike - playerbase isnt this and/or only this.

2. Everything is optional. Play this game is optional. You complain about lab and I complain about map drop. But hey, is optional, I dont need face Shaper (or guardians) and you dont need 8 ascendancy points.

a) Put seasonable here and think new Mjolner is not for you. Devs know what are doing, right?

b) Legacy is not sacred. I think lab is poor designed like drop map, but some people like (and I believe in a better lab, one day)... Mjolner was great for you, like BV or pathfinder for some people now - lets keep actual BV and pathfinder forever?
For me, cast on x is bad now (or just have poor design). Spam magic on hit or critical just add more shine area of effect dmg without need do nothing more. Spam magic when dmg taken is like reflect - you attack and suffer because you take action and enemy do nothing (the counterpart is ugly too - leech - because scale with dmg and raise god mode). But you like and some players too. Maybe some changes help... oh well.

Generic arguments do not lead anywhere. Playerbase want balance, competition, trade while have fun and something new. And more things. Devs work for this, because $upport. How sucess? Thats the question.

Mi scusi.
Last edited by Apocalich on Nov 6, 2016, 5:53:55 PM
Pretty good post op. Especially liked your information on lab.

Note that they had to do something about CoC gem because their servers apparently were literally failing hard trying to keep up with the quzillions of calculations this gem was making because the build was so popular hence now it has a limiter. Trigger gems are extremely dangerous to make because of the strain they make.
Last edited by FixLabPLSGGG on Nov 6, 2016, 6:04:11 PM
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

Note that they had to do something about CoC gem because their servers apparently were literally failing hard trying to keep up with the quzillions of calculations this gem was making because the build was so popular hence now it has a limiter. Trigger gems are extremely dangerous to make because of the strain they make.

Yes, that's why they introduced Cospri's Malice with the same patch, Mjolner has a 0.1 sec internal cooldown instead of 0.5 and wormblasters are still a thing, right?

The whole server performance thing was bullshit. They could've balanced CoC without gutting it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 6, 2016, 6:12:36 PM
I can definitely see the Timmy/Johnny/Spike analogy here in PoE.

In PoE Timmy likes builds like Earthquake, Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow, Warchief Totems. Timmy doesn't like to use flasks. He likes to melt things with big hits and doesn't really enjoy a complex build unless someone has it all together; if it works he doesn't need to know why or how.

Personally, I fall into the Johnny/Spike category. I like making complicated builds, and I like being able to do a lot of the endgame content. But I don't really enjoy playing 'vanilla' builds most of the time.

Timmy, power gamer. Johnny, combo player. Spike, tournament winner.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Bars wrote:
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

Yes, that's why they introduced Cospri's Malice with the same patch, Mjolner has a 0.1 sec internal cooldown instead of 0.5 and wormblasters are still a thing, right?

The whole server performance thing was bullshit. They could've balanced CoC without gutting it.

I am not saying what they did was right or wrong. Just saying they had to do something. A better solution is definitely out there.
I got complains, who does not..
Well my ricent one become most prominent one. They add things for aleged build deversity, i whas thinking so but its actualy just a status stick for old builds if viable as it sims.

So ricently i figure im gona use Lioneye's Fall jewel. GGG make it to be part of skill tree so it mast be balanced... Frst you can see that jewel compered to other simial got nothing on it, hm that should be a warnging, also it cost 2 skill points.
Long story short, Ocultist Archer cool story nice concept but it just miss ton of damage and attack speed else its cool and deverse build, ascendency help a loot ingoring deversity realy great. I alweys say if it just get 300% more global damage it be actualy doing almost 1/10 of my assassin bow build, seriosly almost 1/10! Can say similar thing for my Jugernaut archer, no mather how you trie its never gona worck.

Now i cant play same old build all the time, no mather how good they are. I just get anoyed with this trie hard meta with tons of life and damage holding hands with VP and vinktar just to feel good playing. I can understand that not evry chaos gona get me GG item when i use it but when they make a jewels sensitive to skill tree im aperantly rong thinking they know what they doing.
Curently im not so mach anoyed and obsesed with one shoting meta and more concern how things feel bad to play. Clanky ower nerfed and so mach worst and all becouse of some duble duble duble dip builds that they make posible. New content is cool and all but we need damn combined content balance focus before this get to retarded levels. Whats the point of new skills if they cant even care to rebalance old fun skills they destroyed.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Nov 7, 2016, 8:04:15 AM
Interesting work of fiction.

It dosnt explain racecourse boss reflect aura going from 75% to 15% after its "tweak"

Unless you categorize that as a "numerical mistake"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info