PoE: The big picture. Something for everyone (to complain about?)

"
plodd wrote:
Interesting work of fiction.

It dosnt explain racecourse boss reflect aura going from 75% to 15% after its "tweak"

Unless you categorize that as a "numerical mistake"

>write thread called "the big picture"
>talk about not seeing the forest for the trees
>talk about general ideas and principles
>get this shit

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Stop being so illuminating Bars, you'll scare the bats away. They don't like the light...
Btw, how is civ6? I heard it's pretty hard and challenging. Not like the lab.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
^what a valuable chance to put "fuck the lab" in that pic going to waste.

Don't let it bother you Bars, there's only a few people that are actually concerned with PoE from an
over-arching perspective.

And you can't force a perspective on people, even when it's written and expanded upon quite clearly.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Bars wrote:
"
plodd wrote:
Interesting work of fiction.

It dosnt explain racecourse boss reflect aura going from 75% to 15% after its "tweak"

Unless you categorize that as a "numerical mistake"

>write thread called "the big picture"
>talk about not seeing the forest for the trees
>talk about general ideas and principles
>get this shit

that's just point 37 ("A Faulty Proof Refutes His Whole Position") on shopenhauer's eristic dialectic.
very interesting read, btw.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Stop being so illuminating Bars, you'll scare the bats away. They don't like the light...
Btw, how is civ6? I heard it's pretty hard and challenging. Not like the lab.

I got bored with it quickly. Playing a little bit of dota and not much else at the moment. There's a lot of new stuff to come to grips with but it's not so difficult if you've played the previous 5 instalments of the series as I have.

Nevertheless, it looks promising and I think I'll play it quite a bit more when the inevitable expansions arrive.

@Boem: I know it's a lost cause but I was itching for an excuse to use the O.o pic

@Vio: IMO you're giving the guy too much credit. Living up even to Schopenhauer's sarcasm ain't easy :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 8, 2016, 8:18:15 AM
finally a thread worth reading. thx man
I wouldnt really call ggg copying aspects of MTG game design brilliant.
MTG thrived as a business by creating intentionally broken and poorly balanced cards to drive sales.

If you look at the unbalanced items and temp league content ggg adds to their game ( as well as supporting legacy variants), you can see they pretty much throw balance out the window intetionally to pay the bills.

1. Introduce intentionally OP item(s) to drive business and player retention for the latest league.
These items can also drive the meta and push players to participate in the league. The economic advantage early in league using these items (or hoarding them) as well as GGG's stance of keeping legacy variants further drives this.

2. Correct the balance after you have reaped a reasonable amount of business benefit from said item. (higher concurrent userbase and resulting stash stab sales to make trading feel reasonably good for league economy overall)

3. Continue to reap the benefits of the unbalanced item by making it desirable in the parent league by leaving a legacy variant.

and then next league the process repeats itself.
At this point I expect them to just repeat this over and over until the heat death of the universe.
Temp leagues are all about finding what is the newest most broken thing and taking advantage of it to get rich.

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
"
herflik wrote:
@OP

In one sentence you write that GGG knows exactly what they are doing in other you criticize them that they make flaws (so dont know what they are doing). Make up your mind.

Also the best proof that there is for any game discussion - its popularity of given game. Now go ask milions of players that are fans of ARPGs, why arent they playing POE. Come back and bring the list, that will be exactly what GGG does wrong. Because as any company, you cant just focus on players that already play, you gotta focus also on possible customers, so new players in this case.
The question is always "why arent they buying our product?".

Nobody on this forum sems to care about this side of a wall at all.

exactly !!!

Also i am not so sure that players are what you describe them as . Yeah you described a player archtype but with poe i think most players are a mix of the playerarchtypes .

Huge fan of mtg myself btw , played it since revised . Though i dont play it as much as i used to do but overall the best game of all time probably .

So you're saying ggg tries to make legacy items into black lotuses , moxes , time walks , ancestral recalls etc thats pretty unfriendly for newer players. Yeah legacy stuff can work out if its physical items like black lotuses made of paper for players to have fun playing eachother in a non - balanced way and in a environment for that . A environment that dont screw others . Legacy items in poe alone can potentially make it so players dont wanna start playing this game and just play another arpg instead . This was actually one of the reasons a couple of my irl friends didnt wanna start playing poe , they didnt like it to start out with such an disadvantage to other players that just was lucky to play the game in its earlier stages .
"
Devonor wrote:
This was actually one of the reasons a couple of my irl friends didnt wanna start playing poe , they didnt like it to start out with such an disadvantage to other players that just was lucky to play the game in its earlier stages .

If I had to make a list of ten dumbest reasons not to play PoE that one would be in top three. Gotta ask if you're sure they really like you, because that sounded dangerously like an excuse :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 8, 2016, 12:30:24 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Devonor wrote:
This was actually one of the reasons a couple of my irl friends didnt wanna start playing poe , they didnt like it to start out with such an disadvantage to other players that just was lucky to play the game in its earlier stages .

If I had to make a list of ten dumbest reasons not to play PoE that one would be in top three. Gotta ask if you're sure they really like you, because that sounded dangerously like an excuse :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info