I will quit without an in game auction house

Don't worry, there will be an ingame trade system that makes the external tools redundant, eventually. I mean cmon, they fixed desync.

"
Mivo wrote:
Expensive items are usually those that require a lot of playing and a lot of doing high-level content. Because of this, the number of sellers of these items is far smaller than the number of potential buyers.

The number of potential buyers is very high if you don't include a price in the relation.

"
Mivo wrote:
The relative complexity involved with poe.trade, as well as the online requirement, shrink the number of buyers (who mostly just want to play the game, not work it) more than the number of sellers (who are in general more competent, more willing to suffer in order to get what they want, and who play more).

We are talking about the market for T1 items. Stating that sellers are more competent etc. is bold imo. I guess a buyer who aquired enough currency to participate in the T1 market has proven that she's more than willing to suffer etc. ;)

"
Mivo wrote:
In my opinion, the current system punishes sellers and keeps prices lower than they would otherwise be. I feel that the only entity who really benefits from the current system is the RMT group of individuals and companies. Trading being so time-consuming and involved is bound to drive buyers right into their arms.

Imo the current system punishes buyers. With the ease of use of an AH like the old D3 one there would be much more supply of decent items which lowers the prices for those.

For the T1 market the trade system doesn't matter much I think, those people put so much time and effort into the game that a subpar trade system is no obstacle. And that group of people is small enough to find each other. I'd even say that for T1 items even trade chat only would not change much on the outcome.

"
Mivo wrote:
I guess the current system also works well for full-time flippers and those running scripts and other automation tools that "mine" poe.trade, though this group no doubt partially overlaps with the RMT sellers.

It does but the only thing that makes this not totally hyper efficient is the fact that both have to be online and meet ingame. With a D3 like AH those steps are absent so that bots would have full control.
"
Darkkrows wrote:
GGG want player to trade online each other....

but YET they didnt have the tools to make the entire process easier.

1. Can I send offline whisper ingame to the seller telling him I want to buy his item & he will get my msg when he come online? NOPE

2. Can I check when is the last time the seller when offline? NOPE

3. Can I even track when is the seller typically online in statistics chart? NOPE, thats means u have no idea when he usually online at

4. I am waiting the seller at the moment to reply my whisper I sent him, it took him long enough, I waited so long I walk off my screen & I went afk. The seller finally replied my whisper. yay finally! but thats was 30mins ago....and I have noidea it is 30mins ago because the game does not show me the timestamps of the msg.

5. I check /whois <character_A> he is not online. But he is actually ONLINE playing <character_B>. The game does not tell me that.

It is no wonder soo many people have complain it is sooo difficult to trade each other even it is online.

you are wrong on all fronts

i just checked all of those through your forum profile and now i know everything about you
You can use poe.trade ingame already, Just use the steam overlay lol.
First thing first, remove the buyout field in poe.trade. No one likes the ability to buyout in trading >.>
"
Dextera wrote:

you are wrong on all fronts

i just checked all of those through your forum profile and now i know everything about you
which is the reason why I said IN-Game. Forum are not a game.
"
HellGauss wrote:
Interesting fact:
1) Trade should be fast and EASY (in term of complexity)

You do realise what would this mean? 99% of the items priced below 1 ex will turn into 1 alteration priced in around 3 or 5 hours. Now stop! Imagine the list of complains from newbs who make their living on 1-5 chaos sales. Yes.

Mediocre items would turn into 'regular crap' in a blink of an eye of any one would start selling them. Every one drops like a few per hour of those....
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
byebye but can i have your stuffs?

thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info