I will quit without an in game auction house

Pretty well said Hellgauss.

Only that it very well can and should be rewarding, especially for the provider of a wanted luxury.
@People who are trying to reason with OP:

What do you expect to happen?

Dude wants to quit, so just give him a nice last-kiss-goodbye and be off with it.
You all know that this never ends well, so why are you even trying?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
kamil1210 wrote:
It is not problem, it is something that keep some items at sellworth price.

I disagree with this view, and here is why:

Expensive items are usually those that require a lot of playing and a lot of doing high-level content. Because of this, the number of sellers of these items is far smaller than the number of potential buyers. The relative complexity involved with poe.trade, as well as the online requirement, shrink the number of buyers (who mostly just want to play the game, not work it) more than the number of sellers (who are in general more competent, more willing to suffer in order to get what they want, and who play more).

In my opinion, the current system punishes sellers and keeps prices lower than they would otherwise be. I feel that the only entity who really benefits from the current system is the RMT group of individuals and companies. Trading being so time-consuming and involved is bound to drive buyers right into their arms.

I guess the current system also works well for full-time flippers and those running scripts and other automation tools that "mine" poe.trade, though this group no doubt partially overlaps with the RMT sellers.
"
Why don't they just add poe.trade in-game?

my thought exactly, the reason why i think they shouldent is because the owners of poe.trade might dislike the idea, then again that might not be the case. the reason why i think they should is because it would give more people the chance of using it, and ggg to improve on it further
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
JazzPunk wrote:

This is a joke you use an extern AH and you quit if there is an intern AH?

What is so nice to invest time in buying an item?

I'm ok when poe.trade will be closed. And all people play with self found items. But with poe.trade and no internal AH its cheating.

Cheating.
if they remove trade chat or trading in general, including poe.trade, it would basicly cause mass chaos and quitting left and right, if they remove trading from the game, that might be when i quit... and remember that this game is my favorite and i dont ever want it to close or want them to give us an update completely changing the way this game is built up, that being said, removing trading would fk everything over for so many people, i dont think ggg can handle it
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last edited by VoidExilePoE on Jan 15, 2016, 8:07:50 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
GGG encourages third party indexers. They can get people to do the work for free and save time/money by not having to do it themselves. If poe.trade is cheating, you are calling GGG cheaters since they endorse the site.
you are making a good point there
how about ggg disables trading in leagues and races? wouldent that make things more fair? afterall, people say standard and hardcore isent worthy of attention as you can technically cheat your way through without relying on as much luck or a third party site or getting an item you dident earn by yourself
"
how about ggg disables trading in leagues and races? wouldent that make things more fair? afterall, people say standard and hardcore isent worthy of attention as you can technically cheat your way through without relying on as much luck or a third party site or getting an item you dident earn by yourself

Considering the economy in temp leagues is one of GGG's most important aspects or design elements there is no reason for them to disable trading in the temp leagues. By design multiple challenges usually involve trading or parting with other players.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
how about ggg disables trading in leagues and races? wouldent that make things more fair?

"fair"?
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
It is not problem, it is something that keep some items at sellworth price.

In my opinion, the current system punishes sellers and keeps prices lower than they would otherwise be. I feel that the only entity who really benefits from the current system is the RMT group of individuals and companies. Trading being so time-consuming and involved is bound to drive buyers right into their arms..

Trading is far less time consuming and involved than you make it out to be. I don't trade much, but I do set up a small shop every league. Takes me like 5 minutes at the start of a league to name a couple stash tabs, make a shop thread, and enter the new shop id number into acquisition. Then it takes me like 20 seconds to tell acquisition what the buyout is for each tab when I add an item to it. That's all I do. Acquisition updates my shop thread for me and poe.trade lists the items. Saying it's time consuming and hard is trying to manipulate people who haven't tried using the available tools into thinking it's too difficult so just complain about it instead. GGG encourages the third party trading tools and is even trying to help the people who make those tools. They've talked about things they're going to try to do to help them like making the online status work better so you don't need to use a tool to flag yourself online. They will still make inprovements such as offline/cross instance trading, but from their point of view and many others like mine, it's not currently as dire a situation as people claim. It's not that bad. In fact, it's pretty easy right now.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info