I will quit without an in game auction house

"
JazzPunk wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

In terms of OP, I will quit if they add an AH, which by me is defined by a system in which you sell\buy items with a click of a button and get instant or near instant delivery. I doubt I would be the only one either.

This is a joke you use an extern AH and you quit if there is an intern AH?

What is so nice to invest time in buying an item?

I'm ok when poe.trade will be closed. And all people play with self found items. But with poe.trade and no internal AH its cheating.

Cheating.

Your logic is flawed I could write a bunch about why it is, but instead I will try to keep it as short as possible.

Again, it depends on what you are referring to as an AH. If you just want the current system of searching, selling and whatever else we use aka poe.trade and acquisition inside the game, IMO that isn't an AH. By definition an AH requires multiple things, which the system we use now isn't. Requires bidding, current system doesnt really support that, requires forfeiture of item prior to sale, again current system doesn't do that. Requires automated delivery, again doesn't do that. PoE.trade is a marketplace, plain and simple.

Lets actually talk about poe.trade, you do realize that all poe.trade does is search the trade forums on this very website and list them in such a way that is more appealing to you? In terms of usefulness and security, unless your browser is insecure there isn't anything wrong with utilizing this tool, it doesn't require you to login, use session id's nothing. Its literally like using any search engine type site.

To sell its difficult to not spend a lot of time setting up a shop without using one of the programs. I personally use acquisition and recommend most people use the session ID part of it, as it doesn't give the program access to do anything but post on the forums for you. I understand people don't want to use 3rd party, so technically you can use the b\o tag system and manually create a shop template and update and manage a shop thru the interface RIGHT HERE on the forums.

Let me wrap those up, you can setup a shop AND search for items without ever leaving the OFFICIAL forums, these tools just make it easier.

Lets address this point:

"
But with poe.trade and no internal AH its cheating.

Its not cheating, no matter how you look at it, you can literally do the same thing, without the use of the 3rd party site or programs, both of which GGG have previously vouched for. Cheating would be purchasing items with real money or botting, trading or things that improve the QoL for trade isn't cheating.

"

It literally keeps the system in a much more balanced state. Having to interact with others means your less likely to undercut everyone else and take a stupid low amount for something. The market also isn't "truly global" in terms of having access to all of something, like all soultakers, which means some people can charge more in different peaks of time, almost like theres multiple economies inside of 1. Not having automated buyouts also means people care at least even just a bit about finding stuff along the way and won't just do what people did in d3, which is never give a damn about drops but constantly upgrade along the way to be "efficient" Granted some people do that now, it isn't as bad as it would be with a fully automated system, which is what most AH suggestions are. Granted if you just want the current system integrated into the game, then don't call it an AH so there isn't any confusion.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
"
JazzPunk wrote:
The devs say that they don't like an auction house. The game is not playable with out. I find no better gear and I'm not will use an external auction house.

It is a lie that there is no auction house, poe.trade is the auction house but i will not use this external tool.

So I have to Quit.

Goodbye
Everytime i see these kinds of threads i cant help but facepalm...
Thosands of people, including me have been using poe.trade and procurement/aqua ever since it was made availible and some of us do daily virus checks and find 0 viruses everytime, no kidding, tour argument is pointless and unreasonable as poe.trade does everything ggg and trade chat doesent, heck, if you want to find good deals or an item with exact stats, poe.trade is your answear.
Its not ggg, its your trust for the community, which is exactly the reason why they want give you an auction house, because its abusable and there ALREADY is one! Poe.trade! What i dont understand is why ggg havent credited and advertised poe.trade by now, its the reason most people including all streamers get their items, im sorry but i cant help you any further, poe.trade has done everything, now its your chance to give it a try or ask someyone like ziggyd, hegemony, pohx you name it, they all use it. If you wont read this it just proves the point i was making earlier in another post
P.S ggg said they have plans in progress for trading in their news posts

Everytime i see these kind of unformated text i cant help but facepalm...
I think bad people just find someone/something else to blame for their problems, instead of actually tackling it themselves. Also, GGG has stated multiple times that there will be NO auction house like WoW or other games, as it ruins the economy. We'll probably get something implemented similar to procurement/acquisition and poe.trade
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
I certainly share the opinion that the statements about an Auction House are hypocritical, demagogic, and baseless, particularly in light of poe.trade and the bots and automated scripts that people increasingly use to automatically filter out and snipe under-priced items, which will, thanks to the announced improvements to the online status of players be made easier and more effective, but ...

... GGG (or rather: Chris) has always maintained that stance. It's not a new course or an alteration of their plans. They always said this and they have not changed their mind about it. So while I disagree with that stance, I respect that this is their view, has always been their view, and that this information has been available and in the open for as long as they have been accepting donations.

There is reason to disagree with it, but there is no reason to whine about it.
poe.trade is as close as you can get to an AH. Don't understand complaining. The online bit is a hassle granted but keeps the bots away.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
poe.trade is as close as you can get to an AH. Don't understand complaining. The online bit is a hassle granted but keeps the bots away.

No you can definitely get closer to an AH, especially AH as defined by typically game designed AH's, unless you are referring to the fact that a system like poe.trade is all OP can expect to get in terms of an AH, then I'm in agreement.

FeelsBadMan

allright... D3 new season starts tomorrow :)
"
Frankenberry wrote:
allright... D3 new season starts tomorrow :)

:D

Even I enjoy a good week or so on a new seasonal character in D3. Its not PoE, but it is monster smashing ;)

FeelsBadMan

"
JazzPunk wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

In terms of OP, I will quit if they add an AH, which by me is defined by a system in which you sell\buy items with a click of a button and get instant or near instant delivery. I doubt I would be the only one either.

This is a joke you use an extern AH and you quit if there is an intern AH?

I'm ok when poe.trade will be closed. And all people play with self found items. But with poe.trade and no internal AH its cheating.

Cheating.
GGG encourages third party indexers. They can get people to do the work for free and save time/money by not having to do it themselves. If poe.trade is cheating, you are calling GGG cheaters since they endorse the site.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Wish D3 managed to keep my attention for more than a week or three as I do like how the combat flows. It's very "immediate", very smooth and fluid. But it's the other extreme on the loot spectrum: Whereas in PoE you can play 100s of hours without finding anything nice for your character, in D3 you constantly get stuff to a degree where it's no longer special.

Then the insane focus on sets. Nothing else matters, gear-wise, just sets. It makes loot feel so unspectacular. Next on my list is the group vs. solo discrepancy. In the last season, a group player would get 15-20 times the XP per hour a solo player got. How messed up is THAT? It'll be a bit less extreme in the next season, but geesh, a bonus is fine, but when it's so large, it makes playing solo seem like a giant waste of time.

Anyway, I like both games (now anyway, release-D3 was terrible). Not like us ARPG fans have a huge number of games to choose from. Downloaded the D3 patch, so I'll probably run to 70 on the weekend and see how I like it. Did Barbarian last season, got bored! Maybe a Wizard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info