What does everyone think about the weapon effects via supporter?

"
Can't beat my super awesome regal pink supreme effect!

Preach it moar!!!
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
UHF wrote:
When Chris was talking about them with Ziggy it sounded like they had something really new and exciting for the weapon skins. I was thinking some really killer models - totally badass designs that are worthy of being included in a supporter pack.

I really am underwhelmed that they are more glowing skins (albeit with more fidelity). There's already a bunch of them in the shop, and feels a bit like more-of-the-same.

I hope there is a return to the gritty, old-school RPG style and we move away from flashy, sparkling stuff. It would have been a perfect setting to introduce a big twisted staff with a subtly glowing lantern at the top, or a huge gnarly pick-axe with chains hanging off it. I know it would be a lot more work, but for big ticket items it seems worthwhile.

I like the way you think. I've yet to dive into act 4 but the game itself still seems very much dark and gritty, perhaps even moreso than ever. The MTXs from what I understand exist outside of the world and shouldn't be read into as canon or anything. But I do hear ya, enough shinnies.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Well, the only thing which always annoys me about the weapon effects (and not only those, but some of the previous too) is that they are too static - they look like they are glued to the weapon, even tho they have some kind of "ghostly" feel to them (intended). Think this is the main reason why Tentacle Wings look so bad - they simply do not move, when you move!

I really wish the weapon effects would somehow be affected by your movement, the angle at which weapon is pointing towards the ground etc. Also, more crude, bloody stuff is needed.

PS. All-those-fucking-heralds are still a problem. :S Weapon effects can't be seen because of the ball of things I have on my hands...

Spoiler
"
Russell wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
the no mtx in beta was sad when i opened my little shop button.

im pretty much f'ed without my p2w cat. We dont have a guild stash either, so lost right now.

Ive yet to see the little weapon sparkles up close but they looked pretty nice in the videos. I never really feel like I can do the whole pink weapon hype, I think Im gonna need a pink armour set before I can make it jive. If someone at ggg is reading, pink power ranger for 2.0 league? could be a thing tbh.

Iv been waiting for the day we add a Slaanesh styled armour set.

oooooo, yes. 40k stuff. Yus. Do it!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 30, 2015, 1:26:47 AM
The highgate one looks amazing in the videos :D
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
i like weaponcosmetics but...afterall its just waist of money. Because as soon you turn on all your auras and heralds it doesnt matter anymore what MTX you bought-.-.

Anti

It´s dark and gritty

You have no clue about what you talk

do you even know what i was talking about? funny guy im on your side lol -.-
"
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
i like weaponcosmetics but...afterall its just waist of money. Because as soon you turn on all your auras and heralds it doesnt matter anymore what MTX you bought-.-.

Anti

It´s dark and gritty

You have no clue about what you talk

do you even know what i was talking about? funny guy im on your side lol -.-

What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
My favourites personally were the ones with the cool portal effects.

I personally want like stash effects. Basically your stash looks more and more swag the higher you. Quick google search revealed this: Prob WoW which i never played.

Although obviously more in PoE art style
that IS poe mtx art style, no biggy dexdeus
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Tbh In terms of MTX I think that the Newest Supporters MTX's is abit lackluster/ Low on quality compared to grand master packs~

I'm guessing it's because they've got a lot going on for act 4?

The MTX's Apart from Highgate is almost the same as
Molten weapon
Ghost flame,
Vampire
higher = vampire + red black glow?

Has anyone Really not mentioned how GGG's MTX's is getting a more and more tard expensive?
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Have to agree all the mtx effects in the awakening pack are quite lackluster.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info