What does everyone think about the weapon effects via supporter?

"
Jerle wrote:
Have to agree all the mtx effects in the awakening pack are quite lackluster.

I wouldnt say quite lackluster i think they are very lackluster. Chris made it sound like these were the greatest weapon mtx's that were ever going to be released on ziggy's stream and when they came out they just seem to be tweaked versions of previous mtx's. Dont get me started on the amulet effects that only proc for 10 seconds when your afk zzzz. I hope they come out with some nice MTX's when act 4 comes out cause Im just sitting on points atm lol.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
"
ShimmyShimmy wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

I wouldnt say quite lackluster i think they are very lackluster. Chris made it sound like these were the greatest weapon mtx's that were ever going to be released on ziggy's stream and when they came out they just seem to be tweaked versions of previous mtx's. Dont get me started on the amulet effects that only proc for 10 seconds when your afk zzzz. I hope they come out with some nice MTX's when act 4 comes out cause Im just sitting on points atm lol.

You, sir, just projected the full extent of my sentiments. Thank you.

And talking about sitting on points... lol xD
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
Jerle wrote:

I actually like the Awakening weapon and Lunarus weapon effect. Axiom weapon effect looks more like the rehashed version of Ghostflame weapon effect, Vaal weapon effect is too bloody, and Highgate is just a disco fever. As for the shades, Axiom is pretty decent.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 30, 2015, 8:01:47 PM
I've only tried them on a Gavel and it looks pretty dull
I like the other shit though
"
ShimmyShimmy wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

I'm just buying points better value. The problem is as time goes on they need to up the anty IMO. Most supporters already have a shit ton of weapons. Very similar looking ones as you say. So it offers little. There is beta if you care about that which 90% probably do thankfully for GGG.
Git R Dun!
I don't know why they think cool enchants should be huge clouds surrounding your weapon.

The higher the supporter level, the bigger the cloud!

I always thought well done simple effects that paid attention to detail were the most beautiful, big clouds are just a mess to me and it draws too much attention so you just see the clouds instead of the character.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

I actually like the Awakening weapon and Lunarus weapon effect. Axiom weapon effect looks more like the rehashed version of Ghostflame weapon effect, Vaal weapon effect is too bloody, and Highgate is just a disco fever. As for the shades, Axiom is pretty decent.

Having used the highgate effect, I actually think it doesn't look as good as in the preview video. Maybe it's the weapon I was using it on - a crypt sword. For the shades, I agree with shimmy. While some what cool, something that procs once for each time I go afk just feels kinda meh. When Chris mentioned some sort of character effect on ziggy stream, I had the impression it was like the petal effects around zana (and half wishing for a dragonball super saiyan aura kind of effect xD).
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
Jerle wrote:
For the shades, I agree with shimmy. While some what cool, something that procs once for each time I go afk just feels kinda meh. When Chris mentioned some sort of character effect on ziggy stream, I had the impression it was like the petal effects around zana (and half wishing for a dragonball super saiyan aura kind of effect xD).

Maybe GGG can adjust when shades can appear. Not just when we afk. I think this should be taken seriously (and actually make proper feedback pertaining to this only), if the shades are found to be unsatisfactory in how they interact in the game at the moment.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 30, 2015, 8:24:19 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I don't know why they think cool enchants should be huge clouds surrounding your weapon.

I always thought well done simple effects that paid attention to detail were the most beautiful, big clouds are just a mess to me and it draws too much attention so you just see the clouds instead of the character.

I think it has to do with how many copies you get sold.

It´s not about being beautiful, it´s about being the most shiny, sparkling dude in town.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Spoiler
"
Crackmonster wrote:

^ this x 1000 The previous supporter pack was amazing quality and I am sad that I did not upgrade to grandmaster looking back.
Spoiler
"
Jerle wrote:
When Chris mentioned some sort of character effect on ziggy stream, I had the impression it was like the petal effects around zana (and half wishing for a dragonball super saiyan aura kind of effect xD).

LOL!! that's what i thought we would get aura effects. Then you see the ghost and ur like FUCK ya this looks amazing and then you get in game and your like.... i gotta proc this by re-equipping my ammy >:(.
Spoiler
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Maybe GGG can adjust when shades can appear. Not just when we afk. I think this should be taken seriously (and actually make proper feedback pertaining to this only), if the shades are found to be unsatisfactory in how they interact in the game at the moment.

^ Ya I agree i think this might work a lot better than me posting my salt across the forum. I think I might send a well written message to support and hopefully If enough people feel the same as I do, maybe ggg will have another look at the shades.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info