Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Seems like my post was lost in the overall "what to upgrade next" issues :) Here is jus a repost of it:

Spoiler
Hi Everyone, espieccialy amazing Enki :)

I've just came back to PoE after around a year break (last time played Bestiary league). And again, i loved enki's build so much, that i'm using it again :) But there are a little problem this time (i started yesterday, only act 2 now so very early game):

- What skill should be used to red mobs/ bosses fights?

When i was playing, there were two options - Storm Call or Ball Lighting. Both were very nice from my point of view (prefered the one with ball lighting, as it fells easier for me)

Now, in this build there is Storm Brand. 1st thing i noticed - there can be only 3 at same time. 2nd thing - only one of those can be attached to mob (1 cast per mob, i got that i can attach to 3 diffrent mobs). But i noticed, this is doing so low dmg, that i'm pretty terrified :(

Is there an easy way to attach Ball Lighting into this build by just switching to any 6L weapon (and what weapon + gem combination would be working fine)? I've noticed, that Storm Brand is used mostly to trigger Arcane Surge. In "old times" it was triggered by Orb of Lighting. I'm pretty afraid of "early - end game", like Atziri (the one with mirror) and me casting Arc on it :O Also, slower projectiles + ball of lighting was allowing me to constantly DPS while also dodging bosses...

to sum up:
Is there a way to replace Storm Brand with Ball lighting/ orb of lighting combo, to have something "stronger" to fight bosses, than only Arc dmg? And which iteam/ gem setup would work best with such replacment?

If this is pointles, and Storm Brand is better way - could someone explain to me why/ how is it? In previous versions, Arc wasn't good enought to face bosses, why now it is enought?

Could someone (maybe even Enki) help? :P
Enki literally just posted to stop cluttering this thread with what to upgrade next and that he posted an updated guide to follow ;)

Just got these out of the temple but no clue what the best way would be to craft them especially as I am afraid I might erase the suffix.
Someone can help me please? My charater is SunshineARC this is my gear i have a Doubt i should use Cerberus Limb or Knife this is my current gear:

My flasks:

i Have only 70 chaos for spend
Last edited by StarDustVendeta on Jan 11, 2019, 8:07:58 PM
"
Someone can help me please? My charater is SunshineARC this is my gear i have a Doubt i should use Cerberus Limb or Knife this is my current gear:

My flasks:

i Have only 70 chaos for spend

Please take another look at the gear section, it's all explained in there.

Your rare sceptre needs an upgrade. The only rolls affecting your damage on your weapon are the cast speed, %lightning damage and the elemental implicit. The flat lightning damage mod doesn't affect the damage of Arc as it's local to the weapon. You can use either wands, sceptres or daggers. Look for spell damage, cast speed, elemental damage and lightning damage, as well as flat lightning damage to spells. If you have some more money, get damage penetration or non-chaos damage as chaos damage. The main post recommends daggers because it allows you to use Whirling Blades for movement.

Upgrade your ring and amulet, look for life, spell damage, lightning damage, cast speed and maybe resists. Don't forget you can use your crafting bench if you're missing something.

I didn't look at all of your jewels, but consider upgrading them as well, especially the one in your belt, as that one's not very useful either. Look for flat damage to spells (while dual wielding works as well), life, penetration, hinder or cast speed.

You can definitely get some decent upgrades for 70c.

Anyways, great build, would play again. Uber Atziri, Shaper and others are a joke, Uber Elder was a little harder, but I can kill pretty much everything. Still not 100% happy with my gear, but here it is anyways. Thanks for the build!

Spoiler

Last edited by klayveR on Jan 11, 2019, 11:56:09 PM
Would there possibly be a version of this but for red tier magic finder ? Unless you would just replace the items and the build would still work ?
[/quote]

We aim for 150% shock effectivness (or as close as possible).[/quote]

In terms of this, i also just noticed im only at 96%. What methods to gain more shock effectiveness?

We aim for 150% shock effectivness (or as close as possible).[/quote]

In terms of this, i also just noticed im only at 96%. What methods to gain more shock effectiveness?[/quote]

Abyss Jewels
and inpulsa's :)
"
rvaHammer wrote:
"
We aim for 150% shock effectivness (or as close as possible).

In terms of this, i also just noticed im only at 96%. What methods to gain more shock effectiveness?

Arc: 29-30% at L20-21
Passive Tree: 0-60% (can be reworked up to 85%, not recommended)
Impulsa’s: 20-40%
Abyss jewels: 0 or 6-10% each
Amulet and boot crafting: 21-30% each
Helm: Shaped or elder base, I forget which and the specific range
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 11, 2019, 10:11:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info