Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hey there,

first thanks for that great guide it really helped me out not just learning this char but also learning the game.

I have a quick question about Arc vs Vaal Arc: is there any reason to use Arc?

The wiki sites state that Vaal arcs damage is so much higher than arc's
What am i missing?

Thanks for your help
"
slopjock78 wrote:
Ok, So I am (Clearly) brand new to POE....just started about 2 weeks into betrayal.....

My main question is how to get cold damage into my build. I read through the guide multiple times, and I guess I just dont understand....Eric says to use an abyss jewel...but when I look at the jewels linked in the guide, I dont see where the cold damage is coming from....?

I just got a 6L loreweave last night, so want to get hypothermia into my build now, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get the cold damage in there...I read through some of the thread, but 900+ pages is a bit daunting by now

thank you for any help

Abyss jewels can roll # to # cold damage to spells.

You can also get cold damage on rings, amulets, and weapons (must specify “to spells” on weapons. Anything anywhere that says “to attacks” does nothing.
Heya! Im pretty new to the game and am thinking of leveling this build up as my next char, got some starting items but apart from Tabula, Goldrim and double Lifesprig what other leveling items do you recommend, plus what gem setup should i get my Arc on tabula for leveling?
"
Aamar26 wrote:
What affixes to use when crafting daggers in Standard? How to approach the crafting?

Can someone help me with this?
"
DarkIce399 wrote:
Hey there,

first thanks for that great guide it really helped me out not just learning this char but also learning the game.

What am i missing?

Thanks for your help

Vaal Arc is basically just a buffed up Arc that you need to charge up first through gaining souls, and can't spam unless you completely build around making a Vaal skill spammable. The gem also grants the regular Arc skill, which has exactly the same stats as an Arc gem with the exception that it inherits Vaal Arcs duration tag.

The reason most go for a regular Arc is that it's usually cheaper to get a Lv21 Arc than a Lv21 Vaal Arc, and the occasional Vaal Arc usage isn't really that impactful.

"
Invisiclone wrote:
Heya! Im pretty new to the game and am thinking of leveling this build up as my next char, got some starting items but apart from Tabula, Goldrim and double Lifesprig what other leveling items do you recommend, plus what gem setup should i get my Arc on tabula for leveling?

Wanderlust and a String of Servitude with resistance implicit. Once you're Lv50 get two Heartbreakers. As for gem setup, there just aren't that many that you can use up until you finish the Library quest in Act 3, so just put your Storm Brand setup in there aswell until then.

"
Aamar26 wrote:
"
Aamar26 wrote:
What affixes to use when crafting daggers in Standard? How to approach the crafting?

I'd go for Ele as Chaos + Penetration base, multimod and then add Lightning Damage%, Flat Lightning to Spells and Cast Speed.
twitch.tv/enkivt
Last edited by Enki91 on Jan 11, 2019, 8:52:06 AM
"
Aamar26 wrote:
"
Aamar26 wrote:

There is an imgur link under the Gear -> Weapon section that explains what you want to aim for when crafting

https://imgur.com/mbxgdXp
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
DarkIce399 wrote:
Hey there,

What am i missing?

Thanks for your help

Vaal Arc is basically just a buffed up Arc that you need to charge up first through gaining souls, and can't spam unless you completely build around making a Vaal skill spammable. The gem also grants the regular Arc skill, which has exactly the same stats as an Arc gem with the exception that it inherits Vaal Arcs duration tag.

The reason most go for a regular Arc is that it's usually cheaper to get a Lv21 Arc than a Lv21 Vaal Arc, and the occasional Vaal Arc usage isn't really that impactful.

So unless i can afford Vaal Arc lvl 21, I am better off with Arc lvl 21 over Vaal Arc 20 for now?
Thanks for your explanation
"
DarkIce399 wrote:
"
Aamar26 wrote:
"
Aamar26 wrote:

There is an imgur link under the Gear -> Weapon section that explains what you want to aim for when crafting

https://imgur.com/mbxgdXp

Yeah, I know. But I am playing in Standard, not in Betrayal, and some mods are not available to me.
"
Enki91 wrote:
I've worked out a new "What to upgrade next?" Cheat Sheet, which should be pretty straightforward and simple to follow. Please refer to this from now on, the majority of questions here is "What to upgrade next?" and that doesn't just take a lot of time to answer for everyone individually, but it also clutters the thread and makes it really difficult for players to find answers about any other questions.

I've also remade the "How to look for & buy gear" Miniguide to be simpler and more fitting to the current state of this build, and updated the Path of Building setup with all new benchcraft values now that they're in the tool. I've made a few more changes, as always you can find them in the Changelog.

Regarding the Lightning Spire Trap setup that seems fairly popular recently, i've decided not to add it yet simply because I don't want to change up the build too much during the course of a league.
That doesn't mean that you can't use it, feel free to inform yourself in the comments and try it.

That's awesome! I was working on something similar.
Will send you my crafting cheat sheet when that's done. (not just the daggers).

It can become pretty anoying how bad people read :) Hopefully they see it in the first post! Thanks for making that!
What should do to improve my build? keep getting wrecked and dmg feels lackluster. I got about 200c to start working with

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info