Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Please help me i am level 78 my charaters name is SunshineArc iam very weak can you help me please?

I can. Read the guide again
All your gear is worth like 20c, and you expect it to do well? =\
You have 21 lightning res!!!1111

Turn off you herald of thunder, it reserves too much mana. Get any jewel with cold damage to spells for hypothermia. Get all flasks, that are recommended in the guide.

And read the guide one more time.

"
oto_boto wrote:
Tried Uber Elder twice .. didnt end well :/ my first league for now and tbh until Uber Elder everything seemed fine for me. I would appreciate any help/advices, thank you!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951/page/892#p16127909

Do you have kaom's roots boots? If not, you have to fit them in your build somehow. You can kill uber without kaom's, but it's like 10 times more difficult
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 9, 2019, 7:22:50 PM
"
SevenOfHarts wrote:
Hello,

I am a newb,been playing since the release of Diablo Immortal and been trying to find a build that suites my play style and finding out about the Arc witch I thought I would try it out and fell in love with it right away. Now after awhile of playing it I felt that it needed some changes. At first I was following the Explosive Arc Build on Youtube and felt that I wasnt really keen on the build so I looked further into Arc Witch builds and came across your build and thought hey that looks pretty legit but after beating Act 10 I thought hey I have some questions

1. Was splitting the build between Explosive Arc and your Arc Witch a bad idea or am I doing alright for myself? I feel like I am doing alright till I get into harder areas, which leaves me to my second question.

2. Being that I have tried to build up my elemental resists due to Katavas elemental resist debuff have I hindered the build to where I cant pull off what either the Explosive Arc Build and/or your build is pulling off?

3. On the gear that you have listed the two unique wand's showing are Doryani and Cerberus for the Doryani. Now as far as dual wielding Im still unsure of how "stat sticking" works let alone what that means. When I got into the game I was dual wielding but on a different class. Let alone it was nerfed in this last patch. Now, with Cerebus wouldn't it be beneficial to also have a shield and Doryani to go dual on that?

4. Lastly, I am using Arc, Lightning Warp as my movement skill, Lightning tendrils for single target (which doesnt seem like its really helping much), Sum Flam and Light Golem, Orb of Storms (which does come in handy at times), and Wrath. Now being that I am suffering on Mana Regen (again) wondering, what skill I should replace? Now If I go with Tendrils I only have three sockets to work with if Orb of Storms Im using 4 sockets all linked but being that my helms is corrupted and the sockets being 2b, 1g, and 1r. I cant think of what to do or how to get around it.

I'm pretty sure I have more questions on Arc Witch but, at the moment I cant think of anymore to come up with.

Your character tab is private, so we can only go off of what you said in the post. I saw that you have a L78 Elementalist in Standard, so I presume that is what you are playing.

(1) Splitting is a bad idea. I’m assuming neither talent tree is accurate to the builds you looked at, so your only choice now is to unspecified out of anything undesirable. If you are playing this build, make sure to have Elemental Overload and unspec out of everything crit oriented.

(2) You did right, Your absolute first gearing goal is to get those elemental resistances up to 75% each. Damage can be worked in later, but not dying is much more important. This is true for every build in the game.

(3) Weapon wise you have a few options: (a) scepters, (b) daggers, (c) wands. You can either equip 2 of these or 1 and a shield. I strongly recommend not getting a 2H weapon. Wands are fine, but if you equip them you limit yourself to only spells for movement skills (I haven’t looked into wands, so I have no clue how they scale). Scepters allow for the movement skill Leap Slam, and daggers allow for Whirlling Blades. “Stat stick” refers to a weapon that is used exclusively for their stats and play no roll in the abilities used. All spells have build in limitations and can be used with any weapon.

(4) Your gems sound all out of order. There are builds that have Lightning Tendrils > Cast While Channeling > Arc > various support gems (so you attack with both skills at the same time), but that actually gives less dps than Arc > various support gems. Lightning Warp is an acceptable movement skill, but in order to be halfway viable requires a full 4 link setup: Lightning Warp > Less Duration > Swift Affliction > Faster Casting. Note that Lightning Warp and Flame Dash are both spells so neither can proc the Fortify buff. If you are suffering from mana regen, link Mana Leech to your Orb of Storms. I also recommend replacing Orb of Storms with Storm Brand. Less single target potential, but mobile and more versetile.

In your helm link Orb of Storms or Storm Brand (blue) > Arcane Surge (blue) > Increased Duration (red) > Mana Leech (green). Keep Arcane Surge a low enough level so the activation cost the gem reads is less than or equal to the cost of a single OoS or SB cast (right click the gem instead of left clicking when it reaches the end of a desired level). Note that the gems are only “linked” if a line runs between them. If any socket isn’t connected to the others, then they don’t support each other.
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 9, 2019, 7:32:26 PM
hi everybody, if someone has some free time and could tell me what i should try to upgrade next i would really apreciate it, only got about 2 ex right now, my character tab if public if i remember correctly
Nice guide and thanks for the help Enki and blg_RealiZe

I just corrupted my dagger and got lucky:

How much do you guys think this is worth?
I found 2 Auls but I am finding both almost impossible. Are the mechanics more important than the gear because I feel like my gear should be good enough but I cant even get him to 50%hp. He dashes at me constantly and I can only run away, as soon as I cast 1 arc he dashes at me and slows/freezes/deals a ton of damage. Any tips on beating Aul would be great if anyone has them, or if there are any improvements to my build I can make let me know. Thank you.

"
Mattyd_UK wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have really struggled to get geared this league, poor RNG, but persistance has got me to the following setup. I just changed a bunch of stuff to get the lightning spire setup, so, will get the old muscle memory down a bit before do the final push for uber elder. I have about 5 sets of shaper frags now. I only have about 2ex spare after tonight so cant afford massive upgrades but i'd love to have some feedback on my gear to see if I can improve anything on the cheap. I'm 152/159 on atlas if that matters.

I do feel squishy though. just over 5k hp and just under 2k mana.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

Get 15% wise oak, 15% pen Wrath watchers eye would be better than your actual one but it's up to you, 15% gain as extra chaos atziri's prise.

Get a Wrath lvl 21, quality doesn't matter on it, so it becomes lvl 23 in that essence worm.

I'm not sure Phys as extra cold from Dread thirst is enough to make use of Hypothermia gem, does you arc tooltip states any cold damage?

You could get a stygian with 20~30% lightning dmg life triple res and crafted increased damage.

Get a 58~59% clear mind.

Sell all your old gear sold res out so lightning is highest uncapped, vaal your main 6L setup on that inpulsa's.

There are amulets with life + 20+% spell and lightning damage life and cast speed.

You can get Spell damage, increased damage, with 7% life on jewels

remove some passive points and get all 5% life.

You should be able to get dex on a new ring with spell damage or lightning damage and res life to remove the +30 dex node.

that's what I'd focus on first
gl hf
"
aGalaxy_ wrote:
I found 2 Auls but I am finding both almost impossible. Are the mechanics more important than the gear because I feel like my gear should be good enough but I cant even get him to 50%hp. He dashes at me constantly and I can only run away, as soon as I cast 1 arc he dashes at me and slows/freezes/deals a ton of damage. Any tips on beating Aul would be great if anyone has them, or if there are any improvements to my build I can make let me know. Thank you.

What are the mods and depth of your Aul?
I spent about 50k sulph (with 700 sulph road) on depth 317 Aul in delve league :D Trying to kill him with just self cast arc is nearly impossible

However, I got one depth 470 Aul in this league so far (with pretty crazy mods too) and I killed him after 5 tries, but this time I'm using lightning spire trap in addition to self cast. But still, you have to dodge pretty much every of his abilities - otherwise you are getting oneshotted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19JxnbTHc8&t=

"
brutusforce wrote:

Get a Wrath lvl 21, quality doesn't matter on it, so it becomes lvl 23 in that essence worm.

There is zero difference betwen lvl 23 and lvl 22 wrath for spells. The only difference is lightning damage to attacks, spell damage is the same
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 9, 2019, 10:51:54 PM
Upgraded to shaped trap gloves and switched my build over to @blg_realiZe advice and when it hits it absolutely melts. Gloves dont have faster casting which is noticeable when i watched the uber elder clip. Is there any way to decrease the time until LS pops? Some bosses i run in throw it down, dodge away and try to get dps in, 1..ive been one shot during that interlude before LS pops and 2. Sometimes the boss follows and lightning spire is wasted. Whereas decoy totem at least kept them in place for a couple seconds of dps time. But loving the switch overall still, like i said when it hits, it hits and is more than worthwhile.

Any other clips you have maybe possibly of just higher tier red maps, id love to watch how you do it.

"
dileck wrote:
Nice guide and thanks for the help Enki and blg_RealiZe

I just corrupted my dagger and got lucky:

How much do you guys think this is worth?

That is a very nice corruption. The cast speed, double damage, and # lightning damage to spells all have low rolls. Still, the corruption should more than make up for the stats. I couldn’t quite say what it’s worth though.

"
rvaHammer wrote:
Upgraded to shaped trap gloves and switched my build over to @blg_realiZe advice and when it hits it absolutely melts. Gloves dont have faster casting which is noticeable when i watched the uber elder clip. Is there any way to decrease the time until LS pops? Some bosses i run in throw it down, dodge away and try to get dps in, 1..ive been one shot during that interlude before LS pops and 2. Sometimes the boss follows and lightning spire is wasted. Whereas decoy totem at least kept them in place for a couple seconds of dps time. But loving the switch overall still, like i said when it hits, it hits and is more than worthwhile.

Any other clips you have maybe possibly of just higher tier red maps, id love to watch how you do it.

Not quite as nice as blG_RealiZe's, but I do like them.
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 9, 2019, 11:24:20 PM
"
rvaHammer wrote:

there is nothing to clip at t13-t15 maps. With my DPS I just oneshot any boss on those maps.
You can try to throw traps from the distance before the fight starts

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info