Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Kritix wrote:
"
Etralis wrote:
Question of a total crafting noob (i'm really clueless!):

Does buying this helmet for several Exalts as a crafting base make sense?

edit: not sure if the picture is being disablayed: Its a white Superior Regicide Mask 30%(!) quality with enchentment "Arc chains an additional 3 times" (it's a legacy item in standard obviously)
https://picload.org/view/dccrgoaa/arc.jpg.html

What i exactly need to know is: Does it make sense to buy this as a crafting base, or is there, anywhere in the whole process of crafting this to a great helmet, the risc of removing the +3 to Arc enchantment (cuz then the item would obviously become worthless)?

And does anyone know a good beginners crafting guide for 3.5? All the guides i find are old and therefore not up to date anymore :(

PS: Sorry for the rather off-topic

I would say its quite useless to get this helmet... more chains helps you only with lots of trash, while dmg against bosses - where you really need it does not increase coz chain cannot hit the same enemy twice. Therefore no matter how great helmet you craft with it, the +3 chain will be still pretty bad in my opinion.
Then again, im no master :)

Im still a noob, so correct me if im wrong, but Arc Gem says "+15% damage for each remaining chain" so it should push the damage against a single target by 45% from what i udnerstand?

From what i know that is the strongets possible enchantment for Arc build, isnt it?
Last edited by Etralis on Dec 16, 2018, 9:05:35 AM
I've checked the crafted daggers few post back, but when I import similar daggers or what's available on market, I get barely any DPS increase.
Best I could come up with was increase of 15k DPS, which is of course a lot, but I think since I have 160k DPS and it would be 175k or so, it won't be THAT significant in terms of finishing all end game content. Or am I wrong? Maybe PoB doesn't account for some increase of DPS?

My current weapons, which I bought for 15c or so, each.

Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Dec 16, 2018, 9:34:37 AM
Enki -- how's that trigger a socketed spell working out for enfeeble and storm brand on your offhand?
I just found this:

Can I make good use of it for this build, or should I just sell it?
"
Kritix wrote:

I would say its quite useless to get this helmet... more chains helps you only with lots of trash, while dmg against bosses - where you really need it does not increase coz chain cannot hit the same enemy twice. Therefore no matter how great helmet you craft with it, the +3 chain will be still pretty bad in my opinion.
Then again, im no master :)

Arc has a 15% damage multiplier for each "unused" chain on any single enemy, including bosses.

So 3 extra chains = 45% extra damage on bosses.

Definitely worth it if you have enough crafting recipes & currency to put good affixes on it as well.
@iltamon
Work on your flasks and replace the Stibnite with an Atziri's Promise. You could also respec some 5% life nodes and get purity of flesh, the extra chaos res really does help significantly with some Syndicate encounters. After that, it would get down to the currently more expensive upgrades.

@IcyMistV
Their skills appear especially deadly for this build.

@Costa1774
Could try out Innervate or Faster Casting in the meantime.

@DonRegulaMC
Attack speed helps us moving faster with our movement attack skill, cast speed is for our spells. The nodes have great value as they give us both for relative low investment.

@dawg87
Flasks need lots of work, also replace everything that has low or no life on it. Basically, all you should keep are your boots and daggers. If you can afford, go for a Queen's Hunger too, otherwise Tabula Rasa.

@TaLounette
Crit chance doesn't affect our damage as we have no crit multi. It's just used to proc Ele Overload easier with Storm Brand.

@chillipickle2
Your character tab isn't public, please change that in your privacy settings.

@jackbubu
They can still get chilled, enemies can have all ailments at once unless a certain mechanic prevents it. Fire Damage to Spells doesn't have much value for us tho, better to scale Lightning Damage to Spells and get a single roll of Cold Damage to Spells for Hypothermia to work properly.

@Yunc4
The sword itself shouldn't actually give you any damage, the lightning damage is local to attacks with the weapon and a weapons physical damage doesn't affect spells either. My guess is that an other item of yours requires one of the attributes on the sword and gets disabled when unequipping it.

@asdfiu
Sorrow of the Divine is really bad for us, take that flask and vendor it, then get a regular Sulphur Flask and while you're at it, also Eternal Life/Mana and a Basalt Flask, then roll them properly. Skullhead should also be easy to replace, especially in Standard you can easily find a cheap Bone Helmet to use. And you're still using the old Ahn's setup, switching to two daggers will give you more speed and damage.

@HugoVR
The physical conversion mod wouldn't do anyhting for us, go with Minion Damage.

@Etralis
Get that helmet, +3 Arc Chains is the absolute best enchant you can get for this build. Since it doesn't seem to be a shaper helmet, best thing you can do is crafting it with Fossils to get the "nearby enemies have -9 reduced lightning resistance" mod. The enchant will stay as long as you don't use an enchanted fossil or enchant the helmet in the lab, or corrupt it.

@dyren
Most of my gear is selffound or crafted, the rest was less than 2ex together which is easy to make by just selling drops from mapping.

@dizika
Hope you weren't talking about my gear there, cuz i've only spent less than 2ex on daggers, Essence Worm and Queen's Hunger, the rest is selffound/crafted. If you were talking about someone else, then of course I can't know for sure but i'd give them the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to make currency if you push maps early and do some bossing while things still have value, i've done it myself with this build last league and made quite some currency from selling Uber Elder drops. Just 1-2 weeks later the same drops (mostly Mark of the Shaper) already lost 4ex or more in value.

@ShoveMoneyDeeper
The daggers should give you a substantial damage boost.

@wickster92
Works pretty wel lso far, i've just noticed that Storm Brand is sometimes on cooldown when I really need the leech, especially noticeable in No Regen maps.

@mementoludi
Not really good for us, sell or keep for the Loreweave recipe.

twitch.tv/enkivt
Minoutar kills me in one hit,ANY dmg, not even direct:D His swing, even if I'm out of animation circle, if it just touches me even a bit. Sometimes behind him too.
Falling rocks, Slam, jumping from ground. I have to litteraly be on the other side of the screen, but then it is hard to see when he dives.
And I specificaly tried to choose mods that wouldn't be irritating with boss. Playing for quite a while now this game, like fourth or fifth league and still didn't even got to Shaper. Git good, I guess:D

I'll take a brake from the build for a while, it got me even further than expected anyway, almost finished ALL(except exp uniques) T1-T15, two that's left just don't have the nerve to whisper people to buy them, even at ridiculous prices (shitty outdated market system it is).
No mods where undoable, even chose super irrirating, like the whole list, including temporal, invul and whatever else all together, still managed to complete it with appropriate flask etc.
Syndicate was very nasty, but learned to kite them and kill them off screen with decoy totem, even at T15 alch/corrupted maps.

Spent probably about 2ex in total and was lucky enough to chance Impulsa, five link it myself.

Build's a blast! Thanks, Enki!
Of course for end game seems like needs considerable investment (as all of them, 99% of the time).
Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Dec 16, 2018, 12:35:38 PM
Nice guide!
Last edited by SerialXeldar on Dec 17, 2018, 1:55:05 AM
Where should I go from here? Can you advise? I have items on sale for ex and good amount of chaos but I have about 80 chaos free.
I wonder if dagger replacement can really help me deal a lot more damage.
4.5k hp, 300 es, 2.1k mana
Res: F120, C103, L118, I'm over max res overall so I can play around with it. If I remove Chest piece still got over max resistance.
With 2 golems I have 30k roughly Arc dps and it goes around 52k with all the buffs.
I have no Ex yet, so I can't get any of the advised armors.
I killed Atziri 0 death, killed Elder and his guardians from first try. I still lack damage in my opinion and in some cases Syndicate is able to chew my HP really fast (when there are 4 captains).
P.S. Lol just realized I messed up my Enfeeble gem, oh well gotta fix it.
Last edited by TheShinigami on Dec 16, 2018, 12:40:13 PM
"
TheShinigami wrote:
Where should I go from here? Can you advise? I have items on sale for ex and good amount of chaos but I have about 80 chaos free.
I wonder if dagger replacement can really help me deal a lot more damage.
4.5k hp, 300 es, 2.1k mana
Res: F120, C103, L118, I'm over max res overall so I can play around with it. If I remove Chest piece still got over max resistance.
With 2 golems I have 30k roughly Arc dps and it goes around 52k with all the buffs.
I have no Ex yet, so I can't get any of the advised armors.
I killed Atziri 0 death, killed Elder and his guardians from first try. I still lack damage in my opinion and in some cases Syndicate is able to chew my HP really fast (when there are 4 captains).
P.S. Lol just realized I messed up my Enfeeble gem, oh well gotta fix it.

I would go back to dual maces and get 2 cereberus limbs. Look for a fingerless silk glove base and work on that so you can craft 20% minion damage on it. The Wise oak flask is also a dps increase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info