RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
CCR5 wrote:
[light bulb on]
RMT == Real Money Terrorists!

Real Money Tacos.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Wonder how much money GGG can make by using RMT websites in their advantage.
I even think that it would be pretty stupid if they didn't.
And I wouldn't care, as long as they don't buy Chris a Ferrari from it but just a Audi S3 and use the rest for developing :DD
"
mazul wrote:
Nothing will be done. Standard is designed to attract RMT sites. Maybe if they delete mirrors and eternals something will change, but since they don't care about the balance of standard, I guess they will stay.

is this your first ARPG? this is how it goes. the price for the top gear goes up and up and up because because people farm more and more and more and more Exalts.

this would be like if you could go into your backyard and dig up your country's currency everyday.
Last edited by _StoneWall_ on Jul 16, 2014, 6:41:04 AM
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I agree with everything you said. My point is, the inflation caused solely by RMT is miniscule. Hundreds of exalts enter the economy every day, that's what causes most of the inflation. People playing in an endless league and climbing the item spiral near the top is what causes inflation. RMT plays a very small part in it.

This is 100% right

Inflation is not caused by RMT AT ALL. it is caused by the items dropped by the payerbase itself and the absence of a valid currency sink.

This is obviously wrong and stupid.

The reason for that is simple, thanks to RMT there are now at least 2 currencies, exalted orbs and real money. Obviously real money is superior to exalted orbs because real money doesn't lose it's value. What happens now is that in essence the use of real money negates the need for exalted orbs as currency thus devaluing exalted orbs.

qed
Last edited by overpowdered on Jul 16, 2014, 6:50:39 AM
when fix legacies and improve the crafting? 2025?
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
Nothing will be done. Standard is designed to attract RMT sites. Maybe if they delete mirrors and eternals something will change, but since they don't care about the balance of standard, I guess they will stay.

is this your first ARPG? this is how it goes. the price for the top gear goes up and up and up because because farm more and more and more and more Exalts.

this would be like if you could go into your backyard and dig up your country's currency everyday.

Mirrors allow the reproduction of the grand majority of the best gear on the server. The difference in demand for the 2nd best weapon and the best weapon, is significant. Due to this, depending on the item you "crafted", you can recoup your investment and keep accumulating surplus wealth through mirror services. This mechanic is highly attractive for RMT purposes.

Eternals are not a problem per se, however due to the gear design GGG has implemented, they become problematic.

So what's the problem with GGG's gear design? Well, for physical weapons and chests, the difference in utility between the best and the average is extremely high. The best 6-affix weapons do over 3 times the damage a mediocre weapon does. The difference could have been designed to just be 50% more, but GGG chose a different path.

The larger difference in utility between gear you can obtain if you play "normally" and the very best, the higher the demand for the latter gear, becomes. The larger difference, the higher the demand for RMTing such becomes.

Guild Wars 2 in example of an action rpg (yes, it is an action rpg, and it is also a mmorpg, and yes it is an rpg, and yes it is an action game) where the difference between the best gear and the "normal" one is low (less than 50%).

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Jul 16, 2014, 7:00:29 AM
"
RoyalStar wrote:

Legacies are intended due to GGG's affection for Magic the Gathering.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Fleshmarket wrote:
Was wandering when the rtm sites backed by tons of currency start to make godly gear.
This is sad.

The site selling this wand is one I've been keeping an eye on for most of the year in the hope of seeing a sign of GGG doing something to hurt the RMT economy (so far I've been disappointed). It has been offering mirror service for at least 5 months and has been steadily expanding the collection of mirrors it sells. (I noticed the addition of a mirror service toward the end of the 4 month league before the last one, but wasn't looking for it in particular so may have missed it for a while.)

At no point have they offered mirrors in HC or any of the 4 month leagues. They still blight them by selling orbs up to and including mirrors; but the mirror service itself appears to be limited to standard.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
mazul wrote:
"
RoyalStar wrote:

Legacies are intended due to GGG's affection for Magic the Gathering.

YuGiOh was better.
Can someone finally wake up and remove Eternal Orbs and Mirrors from the game. I have always said allowing people create a perfect item and then dupe it is asinine.

Look what we got now as a result of these 2 items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info