RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
Ventor wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
I got 99 problems but Standard ain't one.

If it's successful in standard, why do you think they won't do it in other leagues? But then again, anyone who puts down another league like you do, doesn't really use logic as their base for reasoning.

They wont do it in other Leagues, the Profit wont fit the try to make such Item.
Only "worthy" to do such Things in Standard Leagues. Maybe 4 Month Softcore too.

But Never ever it will happen in Hardcore, cuze it will cost there 500$-1000$ (Including the Currency Prices) and noone will buy a Item he might can Rip with, for such a Price.

Thats another Reason for me to play HC, in terms of Items its RMT safe. Sadly Currency will RMT'd there too.
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

If it's successful in standard, why do you think they won't do it in other leagues? But then again, anyone who puts down another league like you do, doesn't really use logic as their base for reasoning.

Because they don't have the currency to craft such an item? Fresh leagues are fresh. It's a huge risk for the RMT site to do this in a 4 month (or even shorter) league, they're better off simply selling the currency instead of using it to craft.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Because they don't have the currency to craft such an item? Fresh leagues are fresh. It's a huge risk for the RMT site to do this in a 4 month (or even shorter) league, they're better off simply selling the currency instead of using it to craft.

Yes they do have the currency to do it. You underestimate how quickly they acquire currency. Just go to any RMT site 2 weeks after release of a new league and you can see.

[Removed by Support]
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Jul 16, 2014, 11:12:02 PM
"
Yeran_GGG wrote:
Hey Ventor,

Thanks for letting us know. If If you have any reports of RMT like this in the future, can you please e-mail us at support@grindinggear.com? Be sure to let us know any details or evidence you feel would help us in our investigation.

Well.. I guess rip that wand, unless GGG allows it to continue being sold for $250 each.

MAybe the people who bought it can resell for $500 each? Kappa
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 16, 2014, 3:49:41 AM
Do you folks somehow think they *won't* be doing this in the new leagues? The new leagues are more profitable and players are more competitive in the new leagues, so I would hazard to say they will definitely be replicating this practice when the new leagues start.

With a bit of real life capital behind them it's easy to beat mom-and-pop/individual crafters at their own game.

But RMT isn't an issue in the game's economy, right? Not as big as you think? Doesn't affect you?

I look forward to Xav and the rest of the RMT apologists jumping all over these typical excuses.

P.
"
Achilion wrote:
What sad is that playing the game gets u nowhere in terms of gear.

But from what i hear Qarl expects avarage player to acquire one close to BiS rare for one build in about 50 years so all is good. (assuming u avarge player plays 3h/day 5days a week)

That way RMT can sites can grow like mushroomz

You'd have to buff the droprate to high heaven to kill RMT sites. I remember RMT Sites were very popular in Diablo 2 too, where you definately didn't need them. Back then there were RMT'ers making statements like "Well i just want to try Build X with ideal Items to see if it works". So without making it a sandbox RPG where you have all items available immediately there are going to be RMT sites :-(
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Do you folks somehow think they *won't* be doing this in the new leagues? The new leagues are more profitable and players are more competitive in the new leagues, so I would hazard to say they will definitely be replicating this practice when the new leagues start.

With a bit of real life capital behind them it's easy to beat mom-and-pop/individual crafters at their own game.

But RMT isn't an issue in the game's economy, right? Not as big as you think? Doesn't affect you?

I look forward to Xav and the rest of the RMT apologists jumping all over these typical excuses.

P.

It definitely could happen, but in a 4-month league any mirror-worthy item is gunna stick out like a sore thumb. Imho, it's the height of retardation to offer the mirror item on RMT sites like that because it's literally so obvious for GGG to find out who is making it.

I don't doubt for a second people will RMT eternals to make mirror-worthy items though.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

It definitely could happen, but in a 4-month league any mirror-worthy item is gunna stick out like a sore thumb. Imho, it's the height of retardation to offer the mirror item on RMT sites like that because it's literally so obvious for GGG to find out who is making it.

I don't doubt for a second people will RMT eternals to make mirror-worthy items though.

The definition of a mirror worthy item is not static. A mirror worthy item in a new league is not the same as one in standard. All they have to do is stay ahead of the mom-and-pops and self-found numbers, and they have a market to sell into.

Anyway, this whole topic saddens and sickens me in equal measure (I'm glad it's been brought out into the open by Vent).

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jul 16, 2014, 3:59:35 AM
"
Ventor wrote:

Yes they do have the currency to do it. You underestimate how quickly they acquire currency. Just go to any RMT site 2 weeks after release of a new league and you can see.

But anyway, how much of a loser do you have to be to go around trash talking a league other people like to play in? Get a life.

Nah, I don't see it happening, it would be dumb. As I said, they'd be better off simply selling the currency. Also, how butthurt must someone be to accuse me of 'trashtalking' another league simply because I said that I don't care about Standard? Sorry I hurt your feelings lol.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

I don't see it being more profitable in new leagues, yeah the demand might be higher (not even sure about that) but the cost of creating such an item in a fresh league is also much higher.

And yes, RMT isn't an issue for me and it doesn't affect me if some PayPal warrior buys a 250 dollar weapon *shrug* I (and 99.99% of other players) don't compete for top ladder spots after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info