RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
jdilly23 wrote:
Not really sure why anyone has pointed out the obvious.

You claim that inflation is caused by "hundreds of exalts entering the economy every day"

Youre reasonable, im sure you can agree that a portion of those come purely from botting for the purpose of RMT.

If RMT was absolute zero tolerance dont even start three sentences using those letters, that botting would decline quite a bit.

The more profitable RMT is in PoE, the more bots running, the more exalts being introduced into the economy.

RMT has to be pretty damn profitable here, nearly zero consequences for a playerbase that has already demonstrated their ability to throw thousands of dollars at things that glow.

You may not be able to quantify the effect RMT has on inflation, but youd be a fool to think argue against this.

So your argument is basically 'it must be profitable so it must be rampant'? If it's that rampant, shouldn't I feel it more? I really don't feel it and nobody else really described how they feel it. I've played RMT infested games before (lol Runescape), there I could really feel it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

I agree with everything you said. My point is, the inflation caused solely by RMT is miniscule. Hundreds of exalts enter the economy every day, that's what causes most of the inflation. People playing in an endless league and climbing the item spiral near the top is what causes inflation. RMT plays a very small part in it.

This is 100% right

Inflation is not caused by RMT AT ALL. it is caused by the items dropped by the payerbase itself and the absence of a valid currency sink.

RMT site does not create currency from nowere. they're just third sites that sells the currency dropped by players. Those site just cause a very minimal inflation; and this one is for 95% naturally caused by players in ANY game that does not have a sink that sucks all the currency dropped.

Please really, stop saying that RMT causes a noticeable inflation because is simply not true.

EDIT: in response of Jdilly, botting further enchances inflation; but again this is not RMTing. This is dropping currency ingame. Unless for RMT you mean selling items + botting
Last edited by Mahesys on Jul 16, 2014, 5:17:34 AM
"
Mahesys wrote:
Please really, stop saying that RMT causes a noticeable inflation because is simply not true.

No one said currency is being introduced into the game from outside. RMT sites don't have people farming currency by regular means however, they get their currency by cheating. if you are ok by RMT sites running bots, well you don't mind cheating in PoE, simple as that. We might as well make the whole game downloadable&standalone then. i always wanted an offline mode.

edit: Yeah, my point is that trading and game economies in arpgs suck. i'm using this topic to remind you never to balance your game around it.
Last edited by Acrylique on Jul 16, 2014, 5:29:12 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
How RMT impacts you :

I want to buy Lightning Coil for 2 ex.

RMT'er can afford to pay more, he offers 2.5 ex

Lol get fucked.

From a player who could afford the 500 ex Atziri axe

/thread
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
How RMT impacts you :

Lol get fucked.

/thread

It was an example...
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
How RMT impacts you :

Lol get fucked.

/thread

And that matters how? Ventor can make me look like a beggar quite easily. Besides, I didn't even buy it.

I'll rephrase it:

I want 8/8 and I have 500 exalts, LF AXE!

RMT'er wants 8/8 and has his dad's credit card.

Aaah shit. And before you say - lol that doesn't happen. There were 15 people who got 8/8 and only 14 were mentioned.

If there are more people out there that can pay more for items, gems, whatever - then legit players currency is worth less. Basics. Inflation.

My 500 ex used to be able to buy Disfavour, now it can't.

My imaginary Zimbabwean friend has $5, it used to be able to buy him a loaf of bread, now it can't buy him a grain of salt.

This ain't supply and demand, it's called getting buttfed.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 16, 2014, 6:03:53 AM
Lol at the storm in a glass of water.

Most of you still play with words like a mentally ill plays with his dick. While having no clue of what and when happened to be in that situation nowadays.

Used to apologize the legacy items practices, the "crafting" working as a sink but not on purpose, the ridiculous orb drop rates, the 99.99% trash item drops, the ill affixes working as sinks, the emphasis on economy, the cancerous leagues existence due to various factors.

Now throwing pointless words everyone will forget about in a minute, not even realizing nothing will change, as it's working as intended and it's in line with developers' concepts.

It appeared evil RMT is what's ruining your ingame experience. Ha. Ha.

Anyway, live with it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
mrpetrov wrote:
PS: Perhaps soon we'll have GGG announcing a high profile closure of an RMT site's PoE services as evidence that the "war on RMT has been won"!

RMT terrorists!
[light bulb on]
RMT == Real Money Terrorists!
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
How RMT impacts you :

Lol get fucked.

/thread

And that matters how? Ventor can make me look like a beggar quite easily. Besides, I didn't even buy it.

I'll rephrase it:

I want 8/8 and I have 500 exalts, LF AXE!

RMT'er wants 8/8 and has his dad's credit card.

Aaah shit. And before you say - lol that doesn't happen. There were 15 people who got 8/8 and only 14 were mentioned.

If there are more people out there that can pay more for items, gems, whatever - then legit players currency is worth less. Basics. Inflation.

My 500 ex used to be able to buy Disfavour, now it can't.

My imaginary Zimbabwean friend has $5, it used to be able to buy him a loaf of bread, now it can't buy him a grain of salt.

This ain't supply and demand, it's called getting buttfed.

No i meant that as a 500 ex owner who is stereotypically painted as a RMTer even you don't like RMT

i support you ;,(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info