About the steam stuff

"
"
trav_dawg wrote:

No one put a gun to my head either. But for him to speak like we are entitled whiners or freeloaders is out of line. He gets more from his customers than most games ever will. I am not making demands, but talking to customers like that is the best and fastest way to make the cash flow stop. Besides, I feel like lately all of the announcements are constantly new MTX for $30. Feels like they are spending little to no time making ACTUAL CONTENT, or quality of life upgrades. Just more wings and pants. I generally don't bother complaining, I just stop buying. I was simply sticking up for the guy Qarl responded to.

Oh you are right, clearly. I guess all those free skills being added every patch didn't amount to much. Not to mention those new leagues, or the new Vaal expansion a few months ago. That other expansion coming in August too, also a sham. Those freeloaders, only caring about MTX.
The amount of time spent on MTX is far far less than actual content. You are absolutely deluded if you think they are wasting too much time on MTX.

People like that expect GGG to report every single step of development and if they dont deliver patches as they demand them they cause drama and ask "where is my bi weekly patch?" and they think GGG owes them something for their 'generous support'. Really sad that my signature rings true again.

"
geradon wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:

and when do we get anything for free? NEVER! ...

Bullshit, you get the game for free.

fixed it for you.

Fixed the fix for you.

Spoiler
Fact: The game is free. Download, install play. All features and patches and expansions, all free.
"
trav_dawg wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

No one put a gun to my head either. But for him to speak like we are entitled whiners or freeloaders is out of line. He gets more from his customers than most games ever will. I am not making demands, but talking to customers like that is the best and fastest way to make the cash flow stop. Besides, I feel like lately all of the announcements are constantly new MTX for $30. Feels like they are spending little to no time making ACTUAL CONTENT, or quality of life upgrades. Just more wings and pants. I generally don't bother complaining, I just stop buying. I was simply sticking up for the guy Qarl responded to.

People here are talking about respect but they cant even realize how much the developers do for the game, there is a patch every month or less with new skills , uniques , rebalance.A mini-expansion every 4~5 months, someone coming here and saying all their work is 'nothing' as in they get NOTHING for free is a little outrageous for me... show the developers some respect too.
"
trav_dawg wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:

Lets be realistic though Qarl...

Most games cost $60 to buy, and I would venture a guess that most of your customers (at least the ones who bother to post and give a damn about this game) on here have invested more than $200 and up to $1000 into this game... Maybe you should treat them with a little more respect than you did in this post.

The OP received about the right amount of respect from GGG. I'm not sure any amount of money entitles you to be an asshat without being put in your place.

GGG shows a tremendous amount of restraint for the unnecessary bashing they take from entitled whiners who think a free game should be...more free?

I fall into the over 200 dollar crowd. They keep this up and I'll be part of the higher end crowd. (And I hope they treat me the same way if I make a thread like this)
"
Qarl wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:

...Wow. The only way this could have been more awesome would be if Chris had posted it.

As for treating the OP with respect: dude, check the guy's post history. Seriously. This isn't an isolated incident. This is the result of a LOT of nettling, whingeing, complaining and occasionally, outright insensitive antagonism towards GGG and their game.

Way to fucking go, Carl.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 19, 2014, 7:12:51 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
trav_dawg wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Lets be realistic though Qarl...

Most games cost $60 to buy, and I would venture a guess that most of your customers (at least the ones who bother to post and give a damn about this game) on here have invested more than $200 and up to $1000 into this game... Maybe you should treat them with a little more respect than you did in this post.

The OP received about the right amount of respect from GGG. I'm not sure any amount of money entitles you to be an asshat without being put in your place.

GGG shows a tremendous amount of restraint for the unnecessary bashing they take from entitled whiners who think a free game should be...more free?

I fall into the over 200 dollar crowd. They keep this up and I'll be part of the higher end crowd. (And I hope they treat me the same way if I make a thread like this)

Some people think they should be paid to play a free game.

Funny thing is, the people who disrespect GGG in this thread and in general wouldnt dare to say a word of disrespect or critique to their boss. Here on the internet as we are basically anonymous faceless beings, we can say all the evil shit we wanna say without feeling anything could happen to us. Lack of respect on the internet is a common theme though.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:

anything is everything
^hahahahahaahahahahaha :D

nice one.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Qarl wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:

Well, this is sig worthy.

Those Steam skulls are pretty cool though.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
"
"
Nubatron wrote:

Some people think they should be paid to play a free game.

Funny thing is, the people who disrespect GGG in this thread and in general wouldnt dare to say a word of disrespect or critique to their boss. Here on the internet as we are basically anonymous faceless beings, we can say all the evil shit we wanna say without feeling anything could happen to us. Lack of respect on the internet is a common theme though.

Gotta love that internet courage. It's like liquid courage but it doesn't end with you getting your ass beat down in the alley by the bar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info