Prozon's Spellcaster / Summoner Templar Build. (OUTDATED)

"
2js wrote:
hey Proz! GREAT build and fun to watch you play! Trying my own templar as my first HC character and plan to use your build.

is this build at all viable using wands and a shiled? or only maces so you are able to use glacial hammer?

thanks in advance for any replies ! :)

You can use wands, sceptre or daggers, all you need is good stats on them for freezing pulse, like high spelldmg, cast speed etc. i dont use Glacial hammer :P Only use sceptre since its better then any wands ive found.
"
Prozon

Hopefully you can provide some support to my friend and I currently I am level 74 and no matter what I do I cannot seem to progress.

Speck

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsHYwj0EVAUTRdUGYUaMho4GmwfAiKBJKopTyqYLR82xTbpO-FG10jnTLNN2E99UWBVxlcrXcZgbWZPZp5r220Zc1N5A31TgFaBSYFvgh6DOIhAiEKLeouMjHaOPI5kj0aP-pAzkFWboZ2Ana6ePJ6hogCmrKcIpyunhKmVr5uyOLUEtoa2-rvWwBrAVMHFwfPDbc9l0NDYJNkL2t3d8-Fz42rkIuaB7BjsOO0g8B_yHfem-oA=

Items:

Spoiler

I have gotten to the point where I am not getting any good/decent drops to up my items and when I try to do maps I will do one thing or another wrong and end up loosing all of my hard earned xp. I am hoping you will see something sticking out that will help my charcter out.

I see on big problem with your character. and that is your gear! its VERY bad, Your gonna want atleast 80+ life on preff every item, with a few exceptions if they are very good in other stats. life and resist is nr 1 prio if you wanna stay alive. How much life do you have? if you wanna stay alive on maps your gonna want atleast 4000 life. I currently got 4.2k life and 2k ES, you also shouldnt use life leech unless you got a 5 link, i prolly wouldnt even use it then, only reason im using life leech is cause i have a 6 link.

some of your items are totally useless for the build, like those gloves, they dont give you any benefits.

it shouldnt be to hard to get a few pieces with high life and maybe a resist on them.

How much HP do you have in total? cant be much.

You should be fine once you are able to upgrade some of your gear. Good Luck!
"
Prozon wrote:
"
2js wrote:
hey Proz! GREAT build and fun to watch you play! Trying my own templar as my first HC character and plan to use your build.

is this build at all viable using wands and a shiled? or only maces so you are able to use glacial hammer?

thanks in advance for any replies ! :)

You can use wands, sceptre or daggers, all you need is good stats on them for freezing pulse, like high spelldmg, cast speed etc. i dont use Glacial hammer :P Only use sceptre since its better then any wands ive found.

Thanks m8 :) really appriciate the help! had an awesome wand just sitting in stash!! pwned merevil, but thinking i might stick using Glacial hammer before i put LMP on FP cause its just not doing the single target I want atm.
Love the build, enjoy watching u play... even inspired me to make a freezing pulse templar build for one of my alts (lvl 50 atm started merc)
but i dont want to be a copy-cat so here are the alterations i would make

a major one would be No minions but instead use those points to further improve Survivability
(already have a pure summoner witch ... so rly don't feel like going down that road again)

now i cant decide between 2 paths i wanna take

one being More Health nods and make it into a Health based tanky char
or go for more Energy Shield + Ghost Reaver

and also if i was to go the Health path ... should i do Eldritch Battery and get more auras
or pump up shield a bit more as a minor buffer .... but im thinking it wont be much use if its not regenerating .. so is it even worth having at all in that case

what do u think
"
Prozon wrote:
"
Prozon

Hopefully you can provide some support to my friend and I currently I am level 74 and no matter what I do I cannot seem to progress.

Speck

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsHYwj0EVAUTRdUGYUaMho4GmwfAiKBJKopTyqYLR82xTbpO-FG10jnTLNN2E99UWBVxlcrXcZgbWZPZp5r220Zc1N5A31TgFaBSYFvgh6DOIhAiEKLeouMjHaOPI5kj0aP-pAzkFWboZ2Ana6ePJ6hogCmrKcIpyunhKmVr5uyOLUEtoa2-rvWwBrAVMHFwfPDbc9l0NDYJNkL2t3d8-Fz42rkIuaB7BjsOO0g8B_yHfem-oA=

Items:

Spoiler

I have gotten to the point where I am not getting any good/decent drops to up my items and when I try to do maps I will do one thing or another wrong and end up loosing all of my hard earned xp. I am hoping you will see something sticking out that will help my charcter out.

I see on big problem with your character. and that is your gear! its VERY bad, Your gonna want atleast 80+ life on preff every item, with a few exceptions if they are very good in other stats. life and resist is nr 1 prio if you wanna stay alive. How much life do you have? if you wanna stay alive on maps your gonna want atleast 4000 life. I currently got 4.2k life and 2k ES, you also shouldnt use life leech unless you got a 5 link, i prolly wouldnt even use it then, only reason im using life leech is cause i have a 6 link.

some of your items are totally useless for the build, like those gloves, they dont give you any benefits.

it shouldnt be to hard to get a few pieces with high life and maybe a resist on them.

How much HP do you have in total? cant be much.

You should be fine once you are able to upgrade some of your gear. Good Luck!

My Current Hp is like you said awful! at 1929 hps and 1700 shields. If im not using life leech how am I supposed to be getting my shields back? I just picked up Ghost reever (level 75 finally) Thank you for the continued help and support.
IGN

Reaper_of_Souls_
so i was thinking of ways to improve the passive talents build and as i am just getting into the witch part of the build i was thinking of this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbCPQRUBRNFm8XVBmFGjIaOBpsHwIigSQ8JKonLzGINsU26TvhQ2NG10cGSOdJUU3YT31RYFXGWPVabV3GX2pgbWZPZp5r220ZcU1zU3kDgFaBSYFvgh6DOIhAiEKLeouMjHaOPI5kj0aP-pAzkFWaz5uhnYCdrp3EnjyeoaIApqynCKcrp1ynhKmVqnyvm7I4tKO1BLb6tzHAGsBUwcXB88Ntz2XQ0Ngk2t3b593z4XPi9-Nq5CLsGO0g8B_xdvId96b60pUEVkosnEmyAuPZCyqY-oAHY1cr

So, what is this? In the witch part of the build, the way to connect left part with right, is by using those 3 intellifence nodes. But in my point of view those 3 are kinda bad cause there is a 30int node nearby which also helps you "connect" the build. So my version of this build has this differences:

+12%cold dmg
+6& c.speed

-8% maximum mana
-10% Energy Shield cooldown recovery or -40% Mana regeneration rate (if mana isnt much of an issue late levels, which i dont know)

thoughts?
Hey Prozon, thanks for the pulse build, I'm L38 and I'm on the last boss of normal. I'm a casual player, but I started out with Krip's one hand wand build. I'm regretting it now since it's out of my reach. It looks like I could respect 7 points to get it close but I'll be out of the raised zombie skills. Should I try to recover my skill tree or start another character? I hate to waste all that time invested. At about L25 I started using freeze pulse and I liked it a lot, but now am I screwed? I sure wish PoE would allow paid respecs for casuals. It's the one thing that would help new players.
Oh I forgot to ask would it be viable to use elemental totem in place of zombies? I'm not a fan of zombies, but I see how they could be very good. If so what do I need to replace them with totem? Gems, skill points, etc? thanks

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDH0UTRmFGjgabCSqKU8yiTbFNulG103YV-JdxmBtd-WBb4KbgziLjIx2kFWdgJ2unjyiAKcIp4S4k9gk2t3d8-Fz42rkIuw47SDwHzdH
Last edited by Bushido74 on Feb 17, 2013, 3:59:19 AM
edited..Erm, nevermind.
@SlotShot---7X Ranger
@Smigg------81 Pulse Templar
@Kringal----76 LS Templar
Last edited by jammyg on Feb 18, 2013, 2:56:28 AM
Also, smth i didnt consider which makes my previous statement even better:

By using this path in the witch tree instead of prozon's one ( you need to spend 2 more points in the witch part of the tree)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbCPQRUBRNFm8ZhRoyGjgabB8CJKoxiDbFNuk74UNjRtdI503YT31RYFXGWPVdxmBtZk9mnmvbbRlxTXNTeQOAVoFJgW-DOIhAi3qLjIx2jmSPRpAzkFWaz5uhnYCdrp3EnjyeoaIApqynCKcrp4Spla-bsji1BLb6tzHAGsBUz2XQ0Ngk2t3d8-Fz4vfjauQi7SDwH_em-tKVBFZKLJxJsgLj2QsqmPqAB2NXK7vW5oE=

you could take a skill point in cruel bandit quests instead of the 4%c.speed. So just by using only ONE extra point in the tree (the other ones comes from bandits) the trade becomes this:

+12%cold dmg
+2%c.speed

-8%mana (or smth else, its just one skill point)

isnt this worth the trade?
Last edited by SirJimmaras on Feb 18, 2013, 8:57:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info