Prozon's Spellcaster / Summoner Templar Build. (OUTDATED)

"
xaliba wrote:
What's this build like in a party?
Thinking of doing this build while in a party with a ranger. Any good?

This build is great in any situation
First of all, THANKS for sharing your awesome build Prozon

I wanted to do a little summury of how I think of this build since I'm half way thru the build (Currently at Lv50 Cruel Act 3). This build is extremely effective and "noob" friendly. For those of you that likes offensive build & not like to summon minions over and over again, this build might not be for you. If you ever played WoW and/or Diablo 2, this build is like in between a Death Knight and a Necromancer. Highly Defensive, Ice Skills, and Minions.

First I made a Shadow to obtain couple of skills needed for this build. (Freezing Pulse, Raise Zombies, Ice Spear, Clarity, Increased Critical Damage) in Act 1. Took me about an hour or so. In act 2 only did The Great White Beast, Delving into Sin, and Sharp and Cruel to get (Summon Skeletons, Lesser Multiple Projectiles) less than an hour for this. By doing this 2 hour mission saved me lots of currencies. I also got a lot of gears, gems, currencies and items needed. Also saved me a talent point to not put in the Amplify. Highly recommended!!!

Then made a Templar and started leveling according to the requirements. Raise Zombies and
Summon Skeletons are pretty weak sauce until Lv40ish. I left those gems on the 2nd set of weapons and shield to keep them leveling and saved my gem space. Since Templar start with the 40% Mana Regen talent plus the Clarity to help out, mana is not an issue. The early health nodes on the Templar tree gave huge survivability. It's just face roll. Freezing Pulse with LMP is all you need for AOE and then Ice Spear with Increased Critical Damage for single target until I got the Spell Totem. At level 45ish when I got the talent Minion Instability, the minions are sooooooo damn good. Much higher survivability and damage with those 6 nodes from the talent and the explosion is a lot of damage. No wonder Prozon calls it "Meat Shield"
LOL

Glad I believed and followed your build Daniel. Currently having a smooth ride in the Acts.

This is my talent tree at Lv50

BIG UPS for Prozon's Templar Build =)
Last edited by Keita on Feb 12, 2013, 10:03:53 AM
I started following this on HC and died because i wasn't paying attention lol, but it was so much fun, i'm still playing him in "Default" but i don't care that it doesn't kill as fast as fire or lightning, it's a fun build.

Thank you Prozon :)
I noticed that you don't take 1 int to get to elementalist. (10% elemental damage and 10 int) Any reason for this? Just too low?
Glad to see people are enjoying the build :)

"
Niltech wrote:
I noticed that you don't take 1 int to get to elementalist. (10% elemental damage and 10 int) Any reason for this? Just too low?

Well, there are many things i want, but not enough points really. You just can't have them all, but small things like that are up to each player on their own. I would prolly take it if i didnt have a 6link and decided to use ghost reaver, its a long trip to get GR and i prefer taking all the health nodes and stuff on the way. Maybe in the 90s ill pick it up, we'll see. I also plan on getting the second body and soul eventually, if ever make it past lvl 95.
>I just have one question, if i understood everything you summon minions while fighting with cold spell, but since cold spell make ennemies explode into ice particle there is no body on the ground, and so you can t summon your minions. I don t see any logic, did i miss something?
"
Tistuto wrote:
>I just have one question, if i understood everything you summon minions while fighting with cold spell, but since cold spell make ennemies explode into ice particle there is no body on the ground, and so you can t summon your minions. I don t see any logic, did i miss something?

The minions do a fair bit of the killing, so there are plenty of corpses to go around, but yes, at times it can be abit annoying if i do happend to explode most of the targets. But normally its not a problem.
Currently 68 with this build in HC, having a lot of fun - quick question though.

How do you manage to keep leveling your green gems with no dexterity? There's only 1 dex node in the build.

Also would inner force be a viable option? It is only ~3 skill points out of the way.
Last edited by raserucort on Feb 15, 2013, 11:55:59 AM
hey Proz! GREAT build and fun to watch you play! Trying my own templar as my first HC character and plan to use your build.

is this build at all viable using wands and a shiled? or only maces so you are able to use glacial hammer?

thanks in advance for any replies ! :)
Prozon

Hopefully you can provide some support to my friend and I currently I am level 74 and no matter what I do I cannot seem to progress.

Speck

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsHYwj0EVAUTRdUGYUaMho4GmwfAiKBJKopTyqYLR82xTbpO-FG10jnTLNN2E99UWBVxlcrXcZgbWZPZp5r220Zc1N5A31TgFaBSYFvgh6DOIhAiEKLeouMjHaOPI5kj0aP-pAzkFWboZ2Ana6ePJ6hogCmrKcIpyunhKmVr5uyOLUEtoa2-rvWwBrAVMHFwfPDbc9l0NDYJNkL2t3d8-Fz42rkIuaB7BjsOO0g8B_yHfem-oA=

Items:

Spoiler

I have gotten to the point where I am not getting any good/decent drops to up my items and when I try to do maps I will do one thing or another wrong and end up loosing all of my hard earned xp. I am hoping you will see something sticking out that will help my charcter out.
IGN

Reaper_of_Souls_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info