Prozon's Spellcaster / Summoner Templar Build. (OUTDATED)

"
JTDSR wrote:
Trying this build, currently at level 37. One thing I notice is, fireball seems to do a ton more single target damage than Ice Spear, or Freezing Pulse. Now granted, I know I can get more projectiles out of Spear/Pulse with LMP or GMP, but I can nail 2-3 mobs dead from across the map with fireball, something I cannot do with Spear/Pulse. Any ideas why fireball is not a viable option as part of this build?

Freeze is op
Not seeing how, it is taking me double the amount of FP's to kill something as with FB. Not trying to be difficult, but curious to hear more of the theorycrafting behind it, rather than, "it is OP".
IGN: WraeLiotta
"
JTDSR wrote:
Not seeing how, it is taking me double the amount of FP's to kill something as with FB. Not trying to be difficult, but curious to hear more of the theorycrafting behind it, rather than, "it is OP".

Because it's a status effect you put on enemies so they don't hurt you so you live in hardcore.

If you're soft, go for fireball
I started as ground slam marauder but I started to gradually change to a variation of prozon build adapted to marauder and I came with this:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswVbFE0ZLhmFGjgabCSqJ-0pTyqYNuk8BUbXSOdQUFRJWGNZ813GXz9gbXKpfNmCm4M4iECLjIzPj0aQM5BVm6Gdrp_fogCmrKcIp4SsqrUEud3AGsbY0NDUj9kL2t3d8-Fz42rkIudS7DjtIO8O73zwH_Iv9kj6gA==

Still playing cruel, planning to get these nodes as soon as possible:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswVbFE0WbxkuGYUaOBpsJKon7SlPKpg26TwFRtdI503YUFBRYFRJVcZYY1nzXcZfP2BtZp5yqXzZgW-Cm4M4iECLjIx2jM-PRpAzkFWboZ2unjyf36IApqynCKeEqZWsqrUEud3AGsbYz2XQ0NSP2Qva3d3z4XPjauQi51LsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_2SPqA_c8=

I am following this build and it's amazing. good work prozon!!
"
JTDSR wrote:

Well, for me one of the reasons are this char is exclusivly a COLD caster, i dont care if lightning or fire is better. Ive tryed to made a theme around my character, A battlemage with cold spells. its not always about being the best or using the most effective stuff.

That said, i did try fireball for single target and imo it sucked. if you keep a nice range with Ice Spear it almost always critts so it does alot of dmg and freezes the target completly. Late game my minions take care of the single target dps though, they rip apart bosses in no time with their explosions and melee attacks.

And about fireball being better then freezing pulse, i don't really see that. Keep in mind that freezing pulse always pierces, fireball dosent. i can kill HUGE packs with freezing pulse+GMP, while im sure you could do that with fireball too fireball dosent freeze every single mob on the screen making it very safe for me.

My build is about safety first, not so much about killing stuff the fastest. once you get to around lvl 80, and dont do any stupid things its pretty much impossible to die with this build.

Thank you very much for your guidance :), I took good ideas for my templar really appreciate it.
Last edited by izki87 on Feb 11, 2013, 12:16:26 PM
"
Prozon wrote:
"
JTDSR wrote:

Well, for me one of the reasons are this char is exclusivly a COLD caster, i dont care if lightning or fire is better. Ive tryed to made a theme around my character, A battlemage with cold spells. its not always about being the best or using the most effective stuff.

That said, i did try fireball for single target and imo it sucked. if you keep a nice range with Ice Spear it almost always critts so it does alot of dmg and freezes the target completly. Late game my minions take care of the single target dps though, they rip apart bosses in no time with their explosions and melee attacks.

And about fireball being better then freezing pulse, i don't really see that. Keep in mind that freezing pulse always pierces, fireball dosent. i can kill HUGE packs with freezing pulse+GMP, while im sure you could do that with fireball too fireball dosent freeze every single mob on the screen making it very safe for me.

My build is about safety first, not so much about killing stuff the fastest. once you get to around lvl 80, and dont do any stupid things its pretty much impossible to die with this build.

So do you use Ghost Reaver or is it not viable or only viable once you have some good gear?

nvm I am watching your stream and you seem to be using it.

Build looks really nice. I might give it a shot.
ign = zapdos
Last edited by PowerOverEthernet on Feb 11, 2013, 10:11:24 AM
"
Prozon wrote:
"
JTDSR wrote:

With all due respect, I was asking a question for some insight. I was not trying to put anyone down, nor invalidating your build. Theorycrafting is built around differentiating opinions and testing. That's all I was trying to accomplish.

As far as the fireball goes, I have it gemmed up with LMP Qual 8%, faster casting, 2 prismatic rings with 10% bonus to fire damage each, and an ammy with 13% fire damage bonus. I also have 30% in passives that add to fire damage bonus. Basically I drop a flammability debuff down, and 2 fireballs clears out a huge pack of mobs before they can touch me. Bosses may take 2-5 fireballs depending on their buffs. I tried it with a qual 13% FP, similar passives for cold, and similar rings. Takes me alot more FP's in the same scenarios. Granted, you did say you went with a character vision, plus you are on hardcore, which I am not.
IGN: WraeLiotta
Last edited by JTDSR on Feb 11, 2013, 4:30:34 PM
What's this build like in a party?
Thinking of doing this build while in a party with a ranger. Any good?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info