Prozon's Spellcaster / Summoner Templar Build. (OUTDATED)

loving the pulse/summoner templar!

my 1st one died too Perpetus in Cruel (the monkey at act3 start)

leveling my 2nd templar, similar build.. lv42 now.

keep up the good work

pld.
SSFSC4LYFE.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't even farm in act 2. Dying alot, dealing no damage at all, and summons are just walkin around dealing no damage nor be able to tank monsters.

Had a level 60 elemental archer before, he could kill things instantly.

And my skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsVUBmFGmwkqiqYNulG113GiECLjI9GkDOboZ2upqynCLUE0NDZC9rd4XPjauQi7SA=

Should I reroll another templar and follow your skill tree or try to survive few more levels (will be really hard) and go for tanky nodes?

One more thing is I don't know what items should I use. What should be my main priority on my weapons and which weapons works for me for example. Like, staffs? spectres? wands? one handed swords? Also, what bonus? High elemental damage? Attack speed?

I will really appreciate any responses, thanks.
IGN: Aristona
Ok well you're doing the rookie mistake where you're trying to do multiple things at once. Summons, 2h weapon with heavy strike AND using ranged spells.

Can you survive with the build? Maybe. You have to divert all your attention to spell casting, getting spell nodes, changing your gems and gear around, and changing your play style.

Your gear, really really needs to be upgraded.

Firstly, don't use a 2h sword if you're a caster. Get a wand/scepter and a shield, anything with high spell damage and high cast speed. Basically if you want to be a summoner, you have to be a caster (yes I realize veterans can be melee summoners but rookies shouldn't attempt this).

I don't understand why you have grey gear. Even if you absolutely CANNOT find 3 socket/3 link gear, at least upgrade it and re-roll it with alterations; this is incredibly cheap to do. But honestly there should be an abundance of 3 socket/3 link gear in act 2, even at least magic stuff from the vendor npc.

The gloves are doing nothing for you, neither is the heavy strike gem. If you want to be melee, then you're completely in the wrong thread. You should never be using heavy strike, only ever casted spells.

Get rid of both of your rings, get Coral rings and upgrade them to magic.

As for your gear, focus on getting high armor/es gear with lots of hp on. That's all you really need until Cruel (where you should start focusing on resists). The HP nodes you are getting won't do anything unless you have base HP, which mainly comes from gear. Versus bosses, get 2 resist rings for that boss and they will be easy.

Weapon elemental damage is doing nothing for Freezing Pulse. Absolutely nothing. Weapon elemental damage only works for elemental Attack Skill Gems (you can tell if it is an attack by looking at the top of the gem description).

Don't even bother trying to socket your gear with the zombies/skeletons or minion life, get some crappy weapons in your secondary weapon slot and put these gems in. Gems still level up in your secondary weapons (even if they're not equipped), but zombies are really a waste of effort and mana until lvl 30+ (and even then, I wouldn't bother until past 40). If you put these 4 blue gems in your secondary weapon set you can free up some socket requirements and get some better gear.

Unfortunately summoner builds don't work really until after 30, and even then they are weak and slow. You have to play your build as a weak non-summoner, getting occasional minion nodes while you prepare to be better in the long run.

I think you'll have an easier time if you re-roll and follow at least the first 30 levels of Prozon's build, THEN start branching out to summoner after those 30 levels (maybe even later). As I said, unfortunately summoner is really weak in the early game.
"
aristona37 wrote:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't even farm in act 2. Dying alot, dealing no damage at all, and summons are just walkin around dealing no damage nor be able to tank monsters.

Had a level 60 elemental archer before, he could kill things instantly.

And my skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsVUBmFGmwkqiqYNulG113GiECLjI9GkDOboZ2upqynCLUE0NDZC9rd4XPjauQi7SA=

Should I reroll another templar and follow your skill tree or try to survive few more levels (will be really hard) and go for tanky nodes?

One more thing is I don't know what items should I use. What should be my main priority on my weapons and which weapons works for me for example. Like, staffs? spectres? wands? one handed swords? Also, what bonus? High elemental damage? Attack speed?

I will really appreciate any responses, thanks.

You did a huge mistake. You got minion nodes and are heading for minion instability WAY too soon. I didnt get those talents until i was like 50 or smth. You are wasting too much survivability for this.I mean your build could look like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AgzgUTaIA8B8EswJxtQTkIhpsGYUkqjbp42qBb548TdiMdg==

or like this if you arent gonna get any es from gear

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AgzgUTaIA8B8EswJxtQTkIhpsGYUkqjbp42r60maewBqQVQ==

I, like the guy above, would advice against going melee summoner if you dont know what you're doing. If you really want to though, you should play like a normal melee class until you get to like 35-40. No summons or whatsoever. It would be a good idea imo to go marauder too.

But if you want to caster summoner exactly like prozon, you should follow the guy-above-me's instuctions.

Last edited by SirJimmaras on Feb 24, 2013, 3:39:09 AM
Prozon what happened, you died again? Got hacked? heard couple rumors, what is real?
This was a fun build. I got up to level 68 and died stupidly to Vaal by not paying attention and walking into a one shot arm slam. Oh well. Might try this one again but have a bunch of alts I want to get to endgame too.

How do I go about showing my gear in the forum?
IGN: Dawn_Keebals
Last edited by papanugget on Feb 27, 2013, 12:10:25 PM
"
qspypl wrote:
Prozon what happened, you died again? Got hacked? heard couple rumors, what is real?

Well, i kinda got hacked yea, costumer support screwed up and gave my account away to someone pretending to be me through Emails. Then when he got my account he took all my shit and killed me off. I got restored to Hardcore though and got all my stuff back since it was out of my hands and GGG kinda messed up on this one. Im still showing as default on the ladder though, but i am currently on HC.
Last edited by Prozon on Feb 27, 2013, 2:30:35 PM
"
papanugget wrote:
This was a fun build. I got up to level 68 and died stupidly to Vaal by not paying attention and walking into a one shot arm slam. Oh well. Might try this one again but have a bunch of alts I want to get to endgame too.

How do I go about showing my gear in the forum?

Click on your char's name in the top left corner of website. From there you can press any item in your stash / inventory and it will be linked on forums once you click on it.

thanks for the build Prozon. Hope your ladder issues get worked out.
IGN: Dawn_Keebals
"
papanugget wrote:

thanks for the build Prozon. Hope your ladder issues get worked out.

Np

Also, your belt is insane :D
Last edited by Prozon on Feb 27, 2013, 3:42:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info