Prozon's Spellcaster / Summoner Templar Build. (OUTDATED)

Loving the build, just advice to any using it, minions are good to keep up for elites and bosses incase of lag or getting cornered...

RIP level 62 to lag in a corner.

gonna try again!!
Hi Prozon,

So I've shamelessly stolen your build since I've wanted to do a cold/summoner for a while, and it has been going great. I really love the fact that it has been so easy to solo. I have done merciless solo and now I've slowly started doing maps - and when I say slowly I mean really slowly. My freezing pulse is a mere 800 DPS and when I run into cold/elemental resists it takes foreeeever to kill stuff. Am I doing something wrong? Your DPS seems really nice at higher lvl maps, and it took me like 20-30 mins clearing my first 66 map.

I just hit 3k hp with around 1k ES, so I figured the next 3 nodes will be used getting "Heart of Ice" so that should improve my DPS abit, but I'm afraid it won't do much difference. Is it just my crappy gear I need to replace?

Thanks.

Items:
Spoiler

Build:
Last edited by Mazedk on Feb 18, 2013, 6:20:52 PM
"
Mazedk wrote:
Hi Prozon,

So I've shamelessly stolen your build since I've wanted to do a cold/summoner for a while, and it has been going great. I really love the fact that it has been so easy to solo. I have done merciless solo and now I've slowly started doing maps - and when I say slowly I mean really slowly. My freezing pulse is a mere 800 DPS and when I run into cold/elemental resists it takes foreeeever to kill stuff. Am I doing something wrong? Your DPS seems really nice at higher lvl maps, and it took me like 20-30 mins clearing my first 66 map.

I just hit 3k hp with around 1k ES, so I figured the next 3 nodes will be used getting "Heart of Ice" so that should improve my DPS abit, but I'm afraid it won't do much difference. Is it just my crappy gear I need to replace?

Thanks.

Items:
Spoiler

Build:

I think that for starters, you should get ice spear and use LMP/GMP and totem with it.
I tried that some lvls ago, but I just love my skelly totem. But it might be a good idea now that I've started maps. I'll try it when I get home, thanks :)
I'm only level 49, just starting act3 cruel, and i survive just fine, but i kill very slowly, i was also having mana issues, so i 'bee-lined' to the witch mana nodes.

Any advice?

Gear:
Spoiler

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsRUBRNFm8ZhRoyGjgabB8CJKotHzbFNuk74UbXTLNN2FFgVcZdxmBtZp5tGYFvgziLjIx2jmSPRpBVnYCdrp48ogCnCKeEqZW1BLb6u9bAGs9l0NDYJNrd3fPhc-Nq5CLtIO988B_3pvrS
"
Mazedk wrote:
Hi Prozon,

Thanks.

Items:
Spoiler

Build:

I don't see Frost Bite or Elemental Weakness in your skill gems, did I miss it?
"
Mazedk wrote:
Hi Prozon,

Thanks.

Items:
Spoiler

Build:

Well as others have stated if you dont have it yet get Elemental weakness curse, preff a quality one. Get another 4 link and put melee phys damage gem with your zombies, this will increase their dps ALOT. I also prolly wouldnt be using life leech in a 5 link, i did similar to this build in CB and never used life leech. only using it now since i found a 6 link. So maybe swapping faster projectiles with life leech could be a good idea. Once you get good enough ES recovery it will easily regen in alot of fights cause your zombies will stay in the way, so Ghost reaver + life leech isnt all that important. just a nice bonus with a 6 link imo.
Alright, I have frostbite equipped in my offweaps, so I can switch it with enfeeble. I'll try to get a 4l to get my melee dmg linked, thanks a lot for the advice.
Prozon thanks for the amazing build!, im running your build to the word at the moment on Act 3 Merci, doing dock farming and its going pretty well.

Only gripe is zombies doesnt feel worth summoning unless im going against a boss, skeles tear anything to peices while I sit back and spam FP :p.

This is my gear!

Spoiler

Running Skeles on Totem because I play with a friend and we need skeles instead of Ice Spear atm, but planning on switching later on ! any advice on current setup would be appreciated :D!
Last edited by Revoka on Feb 20, 2013, 9:02:04 AM
Is it possible to do this build as a Witch? is it viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info