Tales From an Alpha Tester Part 2

"
Bulkathos wrote:
and i want to ask about items also ,is they are class only or everyone can use avrious items like in d2.becouse class locked items are shit

Items are not class locked, any class can use them as long as they have the required stats.
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
I was already guessing you were the fourth Alpha tester, you deserve it :)

Good post, makes me feel excited and a little bit sad that I can't play yet. Now for the questions:

- What character are you going to play after the wipe?
- How is the overlay map? We have seen a very early draft, did it improve from that screenshot?
- How is the drop distribution of items at the moment, do they drop all the time like in Titan Quest or..?
- Any comments on the quests, do they enhance the gameplay?

More questions when I get back from my internship! :P

Items are not class locked, any class can use them as long as they have the required stats.[/quote]

oh this is great beacouse game with class locked items are not soo interesting,you can only collect best set and that is it
Have you died yet?

What was the hardest boss/mobs you have fought?
RIP Bolto
Congrats on alpha testing. Out of the various people I've examined in this group, you certainly stood out as a strong asset to bring in, and it shows...

Great read, and we all hope to hear more when you can...
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Thanks for the report! Very interesting read... :)
"
Chris wrote:

We got almost universal feedback that the new passive tree was overwhelming. We're redesigning it at the moment to be a lot easier on new players.

thats a shame, i like a feeling of being overwhelmed by a mass of options to pre plan and actually have to think about it. but i realise very few are like that lol

cheers for the posts tpaap, its always better coming from someone you know the opinions of in regards to forum posts about certain things.

i have a question about leap slam though if its possible to answer. in diablo 2 you can float as far as you can see and it looks like you sprout a hot air balloon out your arse

how does it feel and look here and is there restrictions such as walls and distance. also does it re correct trajectory if the target has moved
The options and concept shouldn't change, but the organization can make things less overwhelming.

It's hard to know what it's like though without being there.

Anyway, I imagine that they just need more organization or a progressive/incremental methodology.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I can live with that obviously, i get a bit touchy about simplifying things as its happening to 1 of the games ive been playing for over 3 years now and a member of the teamster team
I agree that streamlining of games has been the norm since WOW started doing it and became excessively successful. Diablo3 is also doing it, and has dumbed down the experience to the point where I think gameplay is going to suffer.

I seriously dislike this phenomenon of dumbing-down/simplifying/streamlining games nowadays too... and I think that organization can help without making it a game that toddlers can pwn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info