Tales From an Alpha Tester Part 2

I was wondering if any of you alpha testers had any views on the current HUD. I'm looking forward to PoE as much as anyone and love the 'realistic' style of the game, but I can't help but feel the HUD is just about the least 'sexy' one I've ever seen. It really jumps out in the screenshots, but it might feel completely different when actually playing it. Care to shed some light and share views on it?
"
Guru wrote:
I was wondering if any of you alpha testers had any views on the current HUD. I'm looking forward to PoE as much as anyone and love the 'realistic' style of the game, but I can't help but feel the HUD is just about the least 'sexy' one I've ever seen. It really jumps out in the screenshots, but it might feel completely different when actually playing it. Care to shed some light and share views on it?

The current user interface is not the final copy. We have prototypes of a much nicer one, but no timeline of when it's getting in. It could be in before beta, or we could enter beta without it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
As was stated by Chris the team knows that the UI isn't the greatest, and they have something else in the pipeline apparently... I don't know what that is, but I have the same qualms with it now as I did prior to testing.

In a nutshell it comes down to static placements and sizes.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Chris wrote:
The current user interface is not the final copy. We have prototypes of a much nicer one, but no timeline of when it's getting in. It could be in before beta, or we could enter beta without it.

Oooo. Can we see it in the alpha forum? So we can, you know, provide feedback, and stuff.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Oooo. Can we see it in the alpha forum? So we can, you know, provide feedback, and stuff.

You are getting greedy tpapp.
RIP Bolto
"
Septile wrote:
I wonder if I'm the only one who feels that reading these alpha tester experiences makes the wait harder, rather than easier.

Good read though, thanks for sharing tpapp.

yes I agree it makes it harder :)

especially the not yet announced stuff that he is referring to.

Cant wait to find out.
the game looks awesome, I cross my fingers that I get in the beta!
This post got me even more excited. I was a HUGE fan of Diablo 1. Diablo II was fun, but didn't have that same horrific look D1 had. PoE looks like it could bring back some D1 memories again for me
Last edited by hodlpu on Aug 8, 2011, 8:01:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info