Tales From an Alpha Tester Part 2

"
kungfooe wrote:
Even though it's still in the alpha stage, is there much trading going on or do players tend to look for currency items to upgrade their own gear?

We're doing a server wipe in about two days, so I see people giving items away for free at the moment.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
kungfooe wrote:

Interesting. Does that mean that 0.8.1 is about to hit? And just from curiosity, while you've been in the alpha, how frequently do server resets/wipes occur?

Thanks for the response Chris!

Yeah, 0.8.1 is when the wipe will occur.

We try not to wipe often (there was also one at the start of 0.7.0), but it's sometimes necessary when we make major balance changes.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
tpapp157 wrote:
I can't say much about the passive skill tree but I will say that it is big. I was a little overwhelmed at first. I'm not sure but I think GGG plans on making it even bigger. Planning out the optimal routes through the tree will certainly be a task to keep you stat crunchers happy. It's still something that's actively being developed so don't expect it to be revealed publicly anytime soon. Sorry.

We got almost universal feedback that the new passive tree was overwhelming. We're redesigning it at the moment to be a lot easier on new players. It'll probably be a couple of weeks away. (The Alpha testers know this, I'm just mentioning it for the public.)
"
Guru wrote:
I was wondering if any of you alpha testers had any views on the current HUD. I'm looking forward to PoE as much as anyone and love the 'realistic' style of the game, but I can't help but feel the HUD is just about the least 'sexy' one I've ever seen. It really jumps out in the screenshots, but it might feel completely different when actually playing it. Care to shed some light and share views on it?

The current user interface is not the final copy. We have prototypes of a much nicer one, but no timeline of when it's getting in. It could be in before beta, or we could enter beta without it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info