Dec 24: One-week HC Race

Like I said even the ToS can't do anything if friends or family members access PoE via stored password.
And really how you wanna prove that it's the owner or a family member for example?

"
Please do not share your account. We periodically allow you to invite some friends to play with. If you abuse these rules we reserve the right to remove your access.

Context! That's written for people that allow numerous different people on their account who don't have got beta access and result in loss of donations.

"
Zyx wrote:
"
DeLLyDeez wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
No but i do know that Dominion guy, and he is not sharing, neither is his team, which i know most of them. also if you check in kripps team theres a guy who has a bigger average time online than Dominion :)

So you're saying Dom has been play over 35 hours straight and is still playing at the highest level to not only not die, but increase his xp lead?

Give it a break man.

He has played the last 20ish hours with a summoner. Basically 18+ minion meatshields taking all the aggro.

They have tons of high level maps while Krip has nothing but 61-63's for the last few hours so yes they are gaining exp like crazy and leaving Krip and his team in the dust.

Leave the time thing alone, if you had a shred of intellect you would notice that Dom has been running 30+ hour marathons since the beginning of the race and takes naps in-between. Seriously, if this was Krip you guys would be going crazy saying he's amazing and shit. And it's really starting to annoy me that you guys come here and hate on other players because they are outshining Krip and his team.

Krip did great, but he couldn't beat Dom. Seriously, just get over it.
kripp is very transparent in his gaming, he doesnt game without streaming, so we know what hes doing all the time.

I could care less if kripp wins, he has everything he aimed for prize wise. I care about fairness of the competition. When OB hits you can be rest assured these week+ long races will have the majority of the top players using teams on a single account.
Last edited by xpose on Dec 30, 2012, 6:48:06 PM
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
xpose wrote:
Why bother? Its call integrity of the game. When you are handing out points that are the equivilent to CASH, you need to ensure everyone is on the same playing field...

Everyone is on the same playing field. The same game rules apply to everyone.

GGG can't govern over people's lifestyles and time availability. GGG can't control what hours people are available or how they physically use their accounts.

What about if some has a better PC or internet connection at home? Should GGG govern that to ensure it is the same playing field? Of course not!

GGG deliver the game, deliver the same rules and incentives for all to participate and have fun. GG

So would you allow bots in events? I mean its basically like sharing your account and thats allowed apparently. I dont have time to play 40 hours straight but I can sub in my bot when I cant, that should be ok, right?
Last edited by xpose on Dec 30, 2012, 6:50:59 PM
"
DeLLyDeez wrote:
So you're saying Dom has been playing over 35 hours straight and is still playing at the highest level to not only not die, but increase his xp lead?

Give it a break man.

Edit: Honestly whoever was mentioning putting a time limit on these races might have a good idea for the longer races.

18 hours a day max except for the last 24/30 hours? Would be smart to implement this just for safety over the gamers. Obviously either Dom is desperate to win at expense to health or he has someone playing for him.

You do realise people can sleep whilst still being logged in?

It is perfectly feasible to play for 2 hours and then powernap for 30 mins. Across 25 hours it gives you 20 hours of gaming and 5 hours of rest.

It is quite immature how people are jumping to conclusions simply based on "Time Logged".

The only truly "obvious" thing is that no matter who wins people will always whine... it's could "tall poppy syndrome".

Happy hunting all.

Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
xpose wrote:
So would you allow bots in events? I mean its basically like sharing your account and thats allowed apparently. I dont have time to play 40 hours straight but I can sub in my bot when I cant, that should be ok, right?

It's not up to me to determine the rules. GGG on the other hand (IIRC) don't take kindly to bots (since they're not human players) and have means of detecting them.

As I posted earlier... unless GGG arrange something like MLG which is hosted in a controlled environment, they can't control much more.

These events are for the challenge and for fun. They will be refined in the future... at the moment there using them to test different aspects of the game before OB (like levelling speeds, strategies, skill/passive use, quest/zone use, item drop rates, economy market and others).

It's been a great week in PoE. :)
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Those kripp-fanboys are so pathetic.
Oh well, just like in every game or sport, anyone who´s slightly better then another, his fanboys are ofc crying and looking for a reason to accuse the "unpopular"/unliked for being unfair/not normal.

Complaining about long playtime, while you all know,
most of the top 20 player´s only thing in their life is gaming.
Some of them claim, that it is a job but lets not discuss that.

Bottomline: You got the time - You play the time
Even more so, when it´s about competition and prizes.

I cannot say how many of you have ever been up for several hours, or a few days.
I for myself have done this quite often. Going daytime to school, working nightshifts as a bartender. Partying thru a perlonged weekend, 3-4 days nonstop. And nontheless, gaming.
In all off those situations I did not, or just barely slept a few hours, before waking up and doing some shit again.

Maybe most of you are too old, or not fit enough for those sessions and to be honest,
there is nothing to be proud about by beeing able to do so.
But also, there is nothing to complain about, especially if a person be himself cannot compete with hardcore fanatics.

Casuals will never understand hardcore gamers.

No offense kiddos, but please dont play the fanboy-card. ;)

Good luck in the next race & congrats to all of you participants!
#4 just died in a loading screen, his zombies spawned in and aggroed mobs way of screen it seems like.
Boulder bros
I don't mind account sharing, I mind people not admitting to account sharing.....

For years I was sleeping 2-4 hours a day (not all at the same time) and being completely rested. I thought of taking this race seriously and going for 4 hours of sleep a day again but decided against it since I don't like having to fix my sleep schedule again and wasn't confident enough in my hardcore experience. Learn about da vinchi sleeping you can do 100% for 6 hours straight then take like 30-40 minute nap and do another 6 hours. In just a one week race it would be so easy to get to the end with WAY less sleeping than a normal sleeping pattern with 0 risk to health.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Dec 30, 2012, 7:51:54 PM
How did ApoRace died?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info