Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
Desbris wrote:
Okay from watching the replay it seems that whilst Zold is loading you see his ES moves down slightly, then goes back up to full which at this point is likely when the summoners gained aggro then his ES just rapidly goes down till he dies. so looks like the mob hits him first then went to zombies then back to him without him being loaded fully in the instance. Since you also hear his reaction is delayed a couple of seconds even after his character is dead.

Was insanely harsh and very unlucky, feel sorry for Zold, he put so much effort in, unlucky dude, not your fault at all.

I guess you could blame Dime/Kripp for not clearing the starting area, but as far as they knew, it didn't need to be.
This is what happens when you run 1week+ races, 'shit happens' and you die.

lol @ people crying that he died to some unfair load screen bug, 99% of these kids crying have probably never played maps.

RIP Zold, GG WP.
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
sewerside wrote:
"
Desbris wrote:
Okay from watching the replay it seems that whilst Zold is loading you see his ES moves down slightly, then goes back up to full which at this point is likely when the summoners gained aggro then his ES just rapidly goes down till he dies. so looks like the mob hits him first then went to zombies then back to him without him being loaded fully in the instance. Since you also hear his reaction is delayed a couple of seconds even after his character is dead.

Was insanely harsh and very unlucky, feel sorry for Zold, he put so much effort in, unlucky dude, not your fault at all.

I guess you could blame Dime/Kripp for not clearing the starting area, but as far as they knew, it didn't need to be.
This is what happens when you run 1week+ races, 'shit happens' and you die.

lol @ people crying that he died to some unfair load screen bug, 99% of these kids crying have probably never played maps.

RIP Zold, GG WP.

If this race was turbo...
"
Flab wrote:

It would.... what? idontknowwhatyourtalkingabout
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
sewerside wrote:
"
Flab wrote:

It would.... what? idontknowwhatyourtalkingabout

Damn text and sarcasm...

Attrition, exacerbated issues.
Good racing all but watch out for the Uber load screen Boss he hits hard. :D
"
DeLLyDeez wrote:

Lol are you saying it isn't at least a LITTLE luck/RNG based?

It is, but Kripp is (for some part) "unlucky" because he plays bad maps (e.g. 60% quant with no good mods) compared to others (Dominion party played a lot of 100% quant with a good mod). In normal HC you don't use much currency on maps - in races you have to spend almost all currency to get good maps. Kripp has around 30 scours/alchs and a lof of alt stacks + regals he doesn't use - thats why he doesn't get that much high lvl maps.

About desync. Yes it sucks, but some can be avoided. Most of the time you get desync when mobs block (or freeze/stun) you - which can be avoided by better positioning (e.g. don't run into rooms with mobs)

Zolds death was unlucky and this kind of issue needs a fix soon in my opinion.
Last edited by Thirion on Dec 30, 2012, 8:42:56 PM
Has nugiyen been partying with any team... everytime I've watched him he's been soloing.

Cheers
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Was ZoldyckSucks recording anything when he died, he was in the map almost 30 secounds, who takes that long to load a map. The 10 seconds invulnerable is plenty even without ssd in my experience. Strange indeed. I've never heard of death while zoning in, just while trying to zone out. Sorry for your lose. :(
"
spaulding wrote:
Good racing all but watch out for the Uber load screen Boss he hits hard. :D

Well met. Thanks for not adding to the drama bomb. Much respect.
"
Drystion wrote:
Was ZoldyckSucks recording anything when he died, he was in the map almost 30 secounds, who takes that long to load a map. The 10 seconds invulnerable is plenty even without ssd in my experience. Strange indeed. I've never heard of death while zoning in, just while trying to zone out. Sorry for your lose. :(

Occasionally you can see someone join the instance even if a person isn't fully loaded. But as mentioned it is pretty rare for something like what happened to Zold to happen.
Last edited by Desbris on Dec 30, 2012, 9:00:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info