Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
First of let's stop just accusing people of cheating, when there is no proof.
The difference in average playtime between the top two isn't that big, I should note that a guy from kripp's team has a higher playtime than Dominion, zoldysucks if I'm not mystaken, and even nugi, that has streamed the whole time has a higher play time too. It is well within feasable to do these times as a single person.

With that said, I'm going to bring a healthier dose of discussion to the table.
Who do you guys feel like is the most skilled (probably more about the build quality than mechanical skill, but hey) player going for the top spots?
I would have to put my money on dime, he is one of only 2 guys that played less than half the week in the top 10. Saddly you can't really compare the average XP because you gain way more XP on later levels, so people with higher playtime + level are bound to have a better average.
Add that to all of the top places this guy raked at closed beta, he clearly is one of the top players out there right now.

Kripp knows the most about the game
"
xpose wrote:
Like i said, I hope the devs run a ip check vs all the top 10 accounts to verify all these account sharing accusations and put them to rest

Why bother???

I mean really the devs have better things to do with their time. You could have 2 people at the same location sharing the same character on the same PC. Simply tag teaming etc... but GGG can't prove that.

The only rules it is "against" is the community self-implied "ethical" rules. The only ones complaining are those who have picked "sides" in the race.

*** The only way GGG can enforce an even event is to host an actual competition where all competitors play at the same location, on the same specced PCs, on the same connection, and with the same time allotment (say 10 hours a day + breaks) over the course of a week.

Until then, it is a casual and fun race event for crying out load. Just enjoy it yourself and enjoy watching those up the top. <thumbs up>
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Dec 30, 2012, 4:42:04 PM
I say anyone in the top 20 is the most skilled player.

With Maps how they are you really can't come to a conclusion. I don't know how much solo map grinding Dime has done. I do really like his attitude though and he seems to be better suited to doing what it takes to win.

I would like to say that Map RNG is too R in a one week race to determine who is "best".

I just think we've all learned a lot from this race. We just need to accept desync issues will happen. Account sharing will happen. People will argue about both. We all are ready for Open Beta to get here so we can play for "real".

We need one huge Path of Exile group hug and get over the petty shit. Enjoy the game as it's what has brought us all here......

Last edited by SouthernStar on Dec 30, 2012, 4:49:50 PM
Got to 60 and didn't die. Happy with that on my first ever run past normal Vaal. Ran the (OP) dual totem spark thing. Don't think I'll ever play it again though, very boring. Not sure these 1 week races are really for me, but it's nice to see you can get some reward even playing casually.

Gonna relax and follow the run in now, although it looks to be pretty much decided.

Good luck to those still racing!
Path of Exile requires a bit more than the common game but it's still an arpg so talking about skill doesn't feel right
Time, luck and team are the most important factors to do good in a 1w race, a bit of preparation helps gaining a few dozens of minutes but that's not that important in a span of 168 hours

That being said, I'm quite impressed by the lvl they achieved, in the 1week turbo race I was #4 and lvl 75 (#5 was 74 or 73), they forced me to play again to secure my top10 spot in regular hc x(
Last edited by Pam on Dec 30, 2012, 4:58:08 PM
"
SouthernStar wrote:
Account sharing will happen. People will argue about both. We all are ready for Open Beta to get here so we can play for "real".

Account sharing has not happened yet, every time someone thought some guy is sharing an account, it turned out to be false, and its the same this time too.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
SouthernStar wrote:
Account sharing will happen. People will argue about both. We all are ready for Open Beta to get here so we can play for "real".

Account sharing has not happened yet, every time someone thought some guy is sharing an account, it turned out to be false, and its the same this time too.

If you want, I could probably make it happen :P
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
xpose wrote:
Like i said, I hope the devs run a ip check vs all the top 10 accounts to verify all these account sharing accusations and put them to rest

Why bother???

I mean really the devs have better things to do with their time. You could have 2 people at the same location sharing the same character on the same PC. Simply tag teaming etc... but GGG can't prove that.

The only rules it is "against" is the community self-implied "ethical" rules. The only ones complaining are those who have picked "sides" in the race.

*** The only way GGG can enforce an even event is to host an actual competition where all competitors play at the same location, on the same specced PCs, on the same connection, and with the same time allotment (say 10 hours a day + breaks) over the course of a week.

Until then, it is a casual and fun race event for crying out load. Just enjoy it yourself and enjoy watching those up the top. <thumbs up>
Why bother? Its call integrity of the game. When you are handing out points that are the equivilent to CASH, you need to ensure everyone is on the same playing field. I could care less if its room mates tag teaming as they would be far and few between. Its tag teaming from across the world to ensure 24/7 leveling that is more previlent in these games.
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
SouthernStar wrote:

Not that I should care, but you still believe in jesus and santa claus don't you....
"
SouthernStar wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
SouthernStar wrote:

Not that I should care, but you still believe in jesus and santa claus don't you....

No but i do know that Dominion guy, and he is not sharing, neither is his team, which i know most of them. also if you check in kripps team theres a guy who has a bigger average time online than Dominion :)
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info