Dec 24: One-week HC Race

It's pointless to go against accountsharing anyway.
Familymembers and friends can use the same PC.
Dynamic IPs might show one region and provider but isn't that accurate.

You could restrict it to different timezones but the same on the same region it will be quiet rare that several players that fill one account 24/7. Most sharing will be to keep a 6-12h activity.

There are/will be bigger problems such as bots or virtual currency botterboards.

And you can see that most games have protections that affected normal players such game limits, punishing long time gaming(After the law for minors K-RPGs added for example a rarity bar and that drops over time and refills with offline time, that way players won't find any good items if they play too long)

The auction house simulator even banned legitimate players that overused the AH/RMAH.
So it's quiet hard to decide what would be the fairest solution for everybody.

Having like 5-6 parallel races with different settings is one way to prevent overuse.
1 player really needs to be pushed to be successful in more than 1 race.

For example: Iron Man HC/Default, Turbo HC, Normal HC, Normal HC connected with Normal Default(so dying moves you to another race)

"
accoutn sharing is against the tos...

There is no point that clearly forbids teamplay on the same PC.

Here is a point people use against account sharing.
"
You may not transfer your registration or any rights you may have in your Member Account to any other person or entity.

But those players haven't got a good understanding in English(a shame it's their native language)
"To may" may mean "might" too(pun intended).
In general it is used if you ask for permission. US Americans even use "can" in that context.
"May/Might I go to the party?"
"You may not"

The correct use to forbid something is "must not"!

Now in context the question for this ToS point could be:
"I am a [Metal/Mineral] supporter and a mod and alpha member.Can I give my rights to another user?"

This point is simply made against transferring closed beta access to newly registered users.

If GGG would use "must not" there wouldn't be any tools such as PoE Helper.

Another point that isn't used.
"
You must keep all password and login information associated with your Member Account confidential and not disclose such information to any third party or allow a third party access to your Member Account without first obtaining Grinding Gear Games’ written consent.

There is no problem using the "Stored Password" function.

So there is no point if a friend comes over to your place/family member starts PoE and clicks login since the password is stored.

You could go to following thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/58301/page/1

Read 2) and then quote
"
Non-transferable: You are not entitled to transfer any Points you purchase to any other person or entity, use such Points for the benefit of any other person or entity or deal with the Points or any rights or interest in the Points in any way, except as explicitly provided for in these Terms of Use.
in the thread.(Sadly I believe trolls, will troll him for "breaking" the ToS)

Another point is that several countries law outrule ToS because they got points which got no legal power.
Look at http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=124564&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=2584952 for example.

Another company having many ToS take no effect because it affects basic rights is Blizzard.

Edit:
"
That being said, I'm quite impressed by the lvl they achieved, in the 1week turbo race I was #4 and lvl 75 (#5 was 74 or 73), they forced me to play again to secure my top10 spot in regular hc x(

There were many players that played 1 month before Turbo. :p

"
If you want, I could probably make it happen :P

And yet you wouldn't draw attention since playing solo result in big disadvantages.;D

Last edited by Hilbert on Dec 30, 2012, 5:53:01 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
No but i do know that Dominion guy, and he is not sharing, neither is his team, which i know most of them. also if you check in kripps team theres a guy who has a bigger average time online than Dominion :)

So you're saying Dom has been playing over 35 hours straight and is still playing at the highest level to not only not die, but increase his xp lead?

Give it a break man.

Edit: Honestly whoever was mentioning putting a time limit on these races might have a good idea for the longer races.

18 hours a day max except for the last 24/30 hours? Would be smart to implement this just for safety over the gamers. Obviously either Dom is desperate to win at expense to health or he has someone playing for him.
Last edited by DeLLyDeez on Dec 30, 2012, 6:03:58 PM
"
DeLLyDeez wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
No but i do know that Dominion guy, and he is not sharing, neither is his team, which i know most of them. also if you check in kripps team theres a guy who has a bigger average time online than Dominion :)

So you're saying Dom has been play over 35 hours straight and is still playing at the highest level to not only not die, but increase his xp lead?

Give it a break man.

He has played the last 20ish hours with a summoner. Basically 18+ minion meatshields taking all the aggro.

They have tons of high level maps while Krip has nothing but 61-63's for the last few hours so yes they are gaining exp like crazy and leaving Krip and his team in the dust.

Leave the time thing alone, if you had a shred of intellect you would notice that Dom has been running 30+ hour marathons since the beginning of the race and takes naps in-between. Seriously, if this was Krip you guys would be going crazy saying he's amazing and shit. And it's really starting to annoy me that you guys come here and hate on other players because they are outshining Krip and his team.

Krip did great, but he couldn't beat Dom. Seriously, just get over it.
I always thought the future depended on the choices you made.
I don't give a crap about Kripp, so you can rest easy I don't care who wins.

Only reason I applaud Kripp is he streams it and talks to the community.

frontbeard streaming it doesn't show me shit about Dom or Lightspire.

And again I'll say it, I don't give a crap if Kripp wins or loses, at least he can man up and not hide behind a fake account.
Last edited by DeLLyDeez on Dec 30, 2012, 6:11:59 PM
"
DeLLyDeez wrote:
I don't give a crap about Kripp, so you can rest easy I don't care who wins.

Only reason I applaud Kripp is he streams it and talks to the community.

frontbeard streaming it doesn't show me shit about Dom or Lightspire.

And again I'll say it, I don't give a crap if Kripp wins or loses, at least he can man up and not hide behind fake account.

I would ask you for proof, but you have none. If you are so worried about it, why don't you PM Chris or Support and ask them to look into IP addresses and such? Do you think GGG does not care enough to go ahead and investigate something like this already? If he was account sharing I can almost guarantee we'd see Chris taking some creative action against them.

Let it go. You're making yourself look like an ass-hat.
As this will be coming to a end soon, here is a few thoughts I wanted to throw out there, It ended up a huge wall of text so I broke it into a few sections and tried to name them appropriately, but my mind was somewhat wondering while typing so... yea.

For those that don't know what rules there are, and that's the majority of you, please go read this before ever posting on this forum again:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360

You may also want to reread your email welcoming into the beta.
"Please do not share your account. We periodically allow you to invite some friends to play with. If you abuse these rules we reserve the right to remove your access."
But please, reread the whole thing. Also, make sure you've read the terms of use/privacy policy while your at it.

That said this community should be ashamed of itself, my hats off to Hilbert though, most successful troll I've ever seen.

Regards to sleeping/account sharing
Spoiler

Please, if you think these people are endangering there health by sleeping a few hours less every night, or omg not sleeping one night, then DO NOT join the military or pursue ANY carrier that would have you on the clock or on call 24/7. You wont make it, seriously. I thought it was rather common practice for people that had the free time to play the whole week to sleep 16 hours before it started, waking up just a couple hours prior and then playing through the first night for 24-36 hours, then skipping sleep the last night of the race also and catching up the day after, never more then one day out of sync, and a extra 16 hours of time. You all think a extra 10 hours is too much and not healthy. That is very much lol. World record is over 11 days without sleep, that might not be the safest thing to do, but one week even with no sleep shouldn't hurt the average person I think, though that would retarded none the less, imo. Still, all these people saying one night isn't safe or healthy, I bet you think fasting for a day isn't either, right?
Oh and there's a lot of people saying, no one has shared accounts, and a lot saying that several are, mostly everyone not streaming. Didn't you know Krip has a twin he trades off with when he goes off cam? Derp, lets get serious. There have no doubt been some, but the majority are probably not. In fact at least one person in this thread (if you actually read it) has openly admitted to it. Well see what the devs do with that, from what I've gathered they are being very forgiving in closed beta but plan on changing that in open beta, well see.

Desync/amount of players
Spoiler

Desync is nothing new, it happens, sometimes it wont hit you for days, sometimes its terrible for days on end. Just another RNG aspect, though I rarely see the popular streamers suffer from it over and over. A lot of people will make a mistake and die and blame desync, that's also nothing new. It don't really matter, I stand by races will not be serious until that gets fixed. Still its a ARPG, so RNG is going to decide a lot of things for the players and these 1 week races aren't going to show much about skill until you've had a dozen or so, and then you can see whos always finishing somewhat well, and sometimes taking top spots. Up to this race its been rather easy, but we've had more players in this one week then every other one week race combined, finally starting to get competition going. Still just a start though, open beta will hopefully open the flood gates.

top spots
Spoiler

As far as whos finishing in the top, that's a feat for this many players Id say, a little odd that Kripp isn't taking top spots with the support of his stream (even more that his team isnt next to him), he can literally ignore global and only trade with his stream and be able to trade anything and everything much faster that way too. not to mention the rumors of insanely cheap deals hes gotten and even handouts/freebies. Also that was the only full group that was running from that start that I knew of, perhaps if Dime had been there for that team the whole race, and Krip used some of Dimes normal team instead of a couple of others they would have all been in the top spots. Kripps still learning the game though, and a few more months and he will be a beast of a player I'm sure. I guess there was some other teams that formed up later then normal in the race, still yet, not going to see any solo players up there, not pure solo anyway. I honestly don't know how I died in the top 20 myself, was a slow start for everyone I guess, but it picked up a good bit I see. Great job to Krip and Dime, as well as the other finalist. Stay top 20 grindis!

Sorry for such random ramblings. At this rate the community is going to destroy itself before it ever becomes something great. Just too much to ask for the average person to grow up I guess.

BTW... why no trading forum for this event?

Thanks for the great race GGG, even if I didn't do much myself :)
Same computer could still be considered account sharing but no IP difference.

No proof? Lightspire was on an account with only TWO characters in this race. Is that not proof that was an account just made for that? If you know them so well, why was it a brand new account?

I sided with Lightspire being a single person and still do, but the whole group just looks dirty and you being their community supporter isn't helping any.

And I don't care about looking like an asshat if this is how this community thinks about "racing". Racing and community events are good for the game, but the popular and best players are going to have a fanbase. If the "stars" so to speak are hiding behind new accounts then they can expect to be scrutinized.

Edit: Also, why would frontbeard leave his game and stream going while he napped? lol. Guess it could count out a minute of load times!
Last edited by DeLLyDeez on Dec 30, 2012, 6:22:34 PM
"
DeLLyDeez wrote:
Same computer could still be considered account sharing but no IP difference.

No proof? Lightspire was on an account with only TWO characters in this race. Is that not proof that was an account just made for that? If you know them so well, why was it a brand new account?

I sided with Lightspire being a single person and still do, but the whole group just looks dirty and you being their community supporter isn't helping any.

And I don't care about looking like an asshat if this is how this community thinks about "racing". Racing and community events are good for the game, but the popular and best players are going to have a fanbase. If the "stars" so to speak are hiding behind new accounts then they can expect to be scrutinized.

You realize that GGG can track the IP accounts were made and just compare that IP to find out what other accounts they have right?

With that said, Fireknight isn't a new account. It's a month old and it's a bronze supporter. What makes it a new account?
Not arguing Dom's account, arguing Lightspire's account. Guilty by association?

Wonder what Mattster is doing now that Lightspire is dead, certainly not helping play Dom. Considering he even said he wanted him to beat Kripp.

Doesn't matter now, its done with. Hopefully stuff like this will be addressed in future races during OB.

You missed the most important question though, why is frontbeards stream left on for hours!!
Last edited by DeLLyDeez on Dec 30, 2012, 6:33:52 PM
"
xpose wrote:
Why bother? Its call integrity of the game. When you are handing out points that are the equivilent to CASH, you need to ensure everyone is on the same playing field...

Everyone is on the same playing field. The same game rules apply to everyone.

GGG can't govern over people's lifestyles and time availability. GGG can't control what hours people are available or how they physically use their accounts.

What about if some has a better PC or internet connection at home? Should GGG govern that to ensure it is the same playing field? Of course not!

GGG deliver the game, deliver the same rules and incentives for all to participate and have fun. GG

Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info